Daily Check in Sept 17, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 17, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Friends,

I got a good dent of packing in. I still need to make phone calls to schedule utilities and internet installation as well as truck rental.

Last night visited with DS1 and family and then we took a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream. DGS17months decided Grandma's cone was better than Mom's Sundae and Dad's Blizzard. It was fun. DGS4 leisurely ate his cone.

I need to sing off here, pack my breakfast and lunch and head into work.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Sept 17, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Monday morning all,

Glad to hear that things are going good for you, Maggie.

Today, I will walk with my neighbor and then wait for the yard guy and the window inspector. I did take a thyroid pill today. I am not sure that I needed it, but it had been several days. I hope to fill out the rebate form on the windows later today.

I did go to the bulk food place yesterday. So we are stocked up with nuts and some herbs. I did use a $3 off coupon and got a pound of fresh peanut butter free with another coupon. I now have 2 full When preparing a turkey breast, I need to put it in something when I first cut the plastic it is wrapped in to catch the bloody fluids. I bought a cheap Walmart wok and it has started to shed its coating and can't be used to prepare food anymore. However, it is a perfect bowl for catching turkey fluids. It feels so frugal to recycle something into something useful. It seemed easier to position the turkey breast for deboning. One turkey breast cooked on the porch in the crock pot with beans for dinner and one in the freezer. Bones bagged and frozen for winter soup. The beans were dry beans on sale at Winn Dixie for $1/lb. I measured out a half cup and the put them in a large coffee cup in water to soften. They cooked nicely with the turkey and tasted great. And just the right amount.

The last few days have been oppressively hot and I have not been active in the yard. I am annoyed with myself about that. It may be that this nicely insulated house is spoiling me.

Oops. Got to go
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
From the looks of it, the rain from Florence is going to skirt my part of the state today.
Stayed up much too late reading last night and am paying for it this morning ... perhaps I will learn to read only short stories before bed, LOL!
Should run a couple of errands; also have work to do. Need to contact the folks about getting exchange/refund for those wheel covers ... still annoyed about that. We'll see if I can get anything else accomplished.
Dinner tonight is stir fry, which should use up more of the garden produce.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Good job Maggie, moving is not fun eh?
Our local frozen custard stand closed for the season last night, we did not go as I was worn out and I knew it would a zoo.

I have some housework stuff to do and need to make a trip to town. Possibly get a few windows cleaned this afternoon when the sun starts going down a bit.

Will make a trip to the recycle depot on the way to town...need to start cleaning the garage and getting leaf removal tools to the front in readiness.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Wow - another Monday. The days just zoom by.

Up and took the boys outside. The skies are clear. Still lots of humidity in the air. Grass is very wet. But it didn't seem to have rained. We've had about two weeks of rain now. 12 inches or so. Not constant though. Weird.

Today is laundry day. Then I have a couple other things to do.

Hope all have a great sunny cool day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

Another beautiful, warm day today so I am donning my shorts and a tank top. This weather won't be lasting that much longer as a sharp dip in temperature is predicted later this week. It's not at all unusual for us to have had our first frost by now. And here my zucchini plant is still producing blossoms!

I went for a long run today - 6km and it felt good. There are two 5km run fundraising events that I plan to take part in so I am" training" just so I won't make a fool of myself. I will only participate is strictly non competitive events. I also deadheaded the flowers (which are still holding up very nicely), collected and put our useless apples into recycling bags and picked the ripe cherry tomatoes. Enough for our salad at lunch.

I've been watching the BBC series "Eat Well for Less" on youtube and must admit I'm somewhat of a food hoarder. So my mission this week is to use up what I already have on hand and to defer my grocery shop as long as possible. This is not easy with two fussy eaters in the house. Dh doesn't like when there are not any mushrooms in the house!

Well is need to get some work accomplished. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Creative