Daily Check in Sept 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 18, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I see a few spam posts, I am sue Jackie and Aaron will take care of them. Thanks to you both for your efforts to keep our forum spam-free.

Got a text from Mom yesterday that a long-time friend/former co-worker passed away. I looked it up, and will go to the funeral home tonight. I babysat her two oldest children. Then tomorrow 4 of us are going to the funeral for the father of the head of technology at the high school I have been volunteering with for over 8 years now.

I got DS2's card sent and ordered a household tool set from Amazon ordered to be shipped to him. I think I will buy a pair of jeans to give him when he is in town this weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in Sept 18, 2018

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:17 am Good Morning folks,

I see a few spam posts, I am sue Jackie and Aaron will take care of them. Thanks to you both for your efforts to keep our forum spam-free.

Got a text from Mom yesterday that a long-time friend/former co-worker passed away. I looked it up, and will go to the funeral home tonight. I babysat her two oldest children. Then tomorrow 4 of us are going to the funeral for the father of the head of technology at the high school I have been volunteering with for over 8 years now.

I got DS2's card sent and ordered a household tool set from Amazon ordered to be shipped to him. I think I will buy a pair of jeans to give him when he is in town this weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Oh Maggie. I’m so sorry about your friends. ☹️
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello all,

I’ve been missing you all. I subbed 4 days last week, and today marks the start of 3 days this week.

I slept poorly last night, well I slept good from 9-11pm, then thunder & heavy rains hit. We desperately need rain, so no complaints; I know I slept badly due to anxiety over subbing today.

I was grumpy last night, I’d had enough from the whiny ones about having to do chores. I may just sketch out a stricter chore plan today if I have free time. I’m so tired ALL The Time, and I refuse to have the whole of house dumped on me to clean while they all flit off doing whatever.

Dinner tonight?? Maybe some variation of leftover chicken & veg.

My lunch today will include 1/2 a leftover yam, cottage cheese, and maybe gf pancakes if I make them before time to wake littles in 20 mins.

Today I’m thankful for rain we got last night, and for my self-reliance class that has me tracking expenses & thinking about the future.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Rooting for you Gayle! Go get em!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

Much, much cooler here today. You definitely need a jacket outside. At least we didn't get any frost. Good thing as I hadn't covered my tomatoes. It came pretty close though.

I will be going for my walk shortly and thought I'd just walk to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. I have a colonoscopy scheduled so have to get some "cleansing" medication. I am not looking forward to the prep days. The actual procedure isn't that bad.

I don't have too much planned for today - just a day to enjoy at home. Dh finally called to make arrangements for my car to go in for service. The emission warning light came on but the car seems to run just fine. It will be a relief to get it in. I feel he has been procrastinating since my car is so old. It's hardly needed any maintenance though and I plan to hold onto it for as long as I can.

Should get busy now!
Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Gayle, I’m rooting for you, too. I think your self reliance class sounds very good.

Creative, I’m impressed with all of the free, interesting activities available in your city.

I’m feeling better today. I’m at the point that my nose is raw, however. Yesterday I decided not to go to mom’s house or anywhere until it was time for dinner. My friend picked me up and we met another friend at the Thai restaurant which was very good. I gave them the Christmas ornaments I bought for them on my trip. They were easy to pack and I figured most people can fit a new ornament on the tree.

So today I’m DEFINITELY going to mom’s house even if I don’t do much there. I need to pick up a Rx at Publix and will ask about the flu shot. (I’m not sure if insurance requires waiting until exactly a year since the last one. Last year I got my shot in late October. In any event I’ll wait until I’m over this cold. In the UK they call it a flu “jab” and of course it is free for everyone through the NHS. I saw many signs in Boots pharmacies.)

I think my neighbor and I have decided on a roofing company. She wants to have it done in early November when she is visiting here. Fine with me. It is about $1,500 less than what I had budgeted in my mind but of course you never know if they will find rotted wood which will be extra.

Have a good day. I envy those of you with cooler weather.