Daily Check in Sept 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in Sept 19, 2018

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:57 am Good Morning friends,

Last night I ended up feeling emotionally battered. One of my team members had an Adhd-related emotional outburst (I am used to those), my boss is stressed out and a bit grumpy and then going to the funeral for Mom's friend did me in. Mom was upset she was not able to make it. Dad wanted to fly her home but she did not want him to drive home by himself. His hip has been bothering him. They are heading home, taking a more inland route, up 75 rather than NC-VA-WVa. They got chased out of Garden City, got gouge for rooms in Charleston and then extra time in Florida. Then their second week in Florida was not fun as the red tide made even walking on the beach impossible.

So hoping for a better day, but with attending a funeral this morning, however there are four of us traveling together, so hopefully that will lighten the mood.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Sorry for the rough time you are having Maggie.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am What do y'all consider hot? I am so happy it only gets to 90 now.

Hope you destress Maggie. I also just lost another family member. A cousin that had been ill for years finely succumbed to the illness. Younger than me!
Gayle - keep on going. I can't believe that kid thinks he can pull this. I hope his mom didn't put that idea in his head. Sheesh

I'm up and going to start getting ready for the usual wednesday breakfast. Not sure what i will do after that. The rain has stopped for now and all you heard yesterday was lawn mowers running. The weeds just grow overnight.

Have a great day all

read this article this morning and thought - what the heck!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 875e7dbe08
Thank you for posting the artical, very interesting. Sad in this day and age.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Maggie, Gayle, and Rinty, hugs to all you are such strong women, I'm sorry that you must be so strong!

Up at 4:30am to take Goldie out, then she and BB wanted to play, I left the light on and went back to bed until 6:30AM, then feed them, dry food and out with BB.

Back with BB, fed her, her breakfast. Got DH up about 8AM so that I could test his BS before I let for my mammogram.

The heater went on this morning !!!! Good grief !

Got my mammogram and flu shot. I was hoping that DH would go with me because he needs a blood test, but he is putting off his blood testing, his numbers may be "bad" and he doesn't like people, Dr's or anyone else telling him what to do because they know nothing :? :roll:

IC
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey all, today's been good. I was correct, riding with others lightened the mood. And the deceased was not someone I knew.

We are hot today, like 88 degrees. The predicted almost 90 with a heat index of 99. It did not feel that bad when I was out.

FLC, Mom and Dad were at Captiva Island and then St. Pete. Captiva was Ok, St. Pete was not.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

I spent most of the day at mom’s house. Haven’t done that in awhile.

I swept the driveway, put out the recycling and then went inside to gather some donation items. I had two boxes of items plus two large framed prints that I was glad to get out of the house. I dropped them off at SA and then returned to the house.

It was still very sunny but I decided to try trimming the ixora near the driveway. Got one almost finished and it began to thunder. I stopped for about 15 minutes and then went out again to finish the first ixora and then do the second one. Finally I trimmed a lot off the bougainvillea in the back yard. I had it trimmed back nicely but with all the rain it is out of control again. I am tired but feel good about all I got done. (This is the first day I’ve really had energy. I think my head cold is almost gone.) I’m going to go back over there tomorrow.

I haven’t been to the fitness center since my trip but I’m going to start fresh next week.

I still haven’t hooked up the cable boxes so no regular TV but I can watch through my Roku.

Take care.