Daily Check in Sept 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 19, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Last night I ended up feeling emotionally battered. One of my team members had an Adhd-related emotional outburst (I am used to those), my boss is stressed out and a bit grumpy and then going to the funeral for Mom's friend did me in. Mom was upset she was not able to make it. Dad wanted to fly her home but she did not want him to drive home by himself. His hip has been bothering him. They are heading home, taking a more inland route, up 75 rather than NC-VA-WVa. They got chased out of Garden City, got gouge for rooms in Charleston and then extra time in Florida. Then their second week in Florida was not fun as the red tide made even walking on the beach impossible.

So hoping for a better day, but with attending a funeral this morning, however there are four of us traveling together, so hopefully that will lighten the mood.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Sept 19, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck Maggie.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:57 am Good Morning friends,

Last night I ended up feeling emotionally battered. One of my team members had an Adhd-related emotional outburst (I am used to those), my boss is stressed out and a bit grumpy and then going to the funeral for Mom's friend did me in. Mom was upset she was not able to make it. Dad wanted to fly her home but she did not want him to drive home by himself. His hip has been bothering him. They are heading home, taking a more inland route, up 75 rather than NC-VA-WVa. They got chased out of Garden City, got gouge for rooms in Charleston and then extra time in Florida. Then their second week in Florida was not fun as the red tide made even walking on the beach impossible.

So hoping for a better day, but with attending a funeral this morning, however there are four of us traveling together, so hopefully that will lighten the mood.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, I’m sorry that you had such an emotional day and hope that today is better.

Where have your parents been visiting in Florida? Sounds like my area or maybe south of us. The red tide has been bad in this area the past two weeks, a lot of dead fish and other marine life washing onto the beaches each day. The communities clean it up but as your parents have found, the respiratory effects are still bad. The Publix where I get my Rx are just on this side of the bridge to “my” beach community and yesterday I could smell it in the air even there. A friend and her DH own three boutique-type small hotels in what I consider our nicest beach community. They are not right on the water but across the main road. There have been so many cancellations for them.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:57 am Good Morning friends,

Have a great day,
Maggie
((Hugs)) Maggie!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Wednesday morning all,

Today is shopping morning. I will go to Save a lot and get vegetables and eggs. I have a beef roll thawed in the frig and a turkey breast thawing. So ground beef tonight and deboned turkey breast tomorrow. Slowly reducing the meats in the new to me freezer.

After that, more work on the south fence line.

Hubs has his shower and laundry to the line later this morning. My neighbor, who is in pain, went to an acupuncture treatment yesterday. Western medicine had failed her. He has all her records now and hopefully can help her. We will see. She has Obamacare, so she had to pay out of pocket for this.

I seem to feel best when I don't take my thyroid medication for a couple of days. Interesting. It is unfortunate that the doctor will not correct the prescription. However, I must take care of me and I don't need the T4 very much anymore.

Today, I will try to get to the library and renew my card. I haven't gotten much from them. My bad eye makes reading uncomfortable and I haven't had time or inclination to explore it like I should.

I also need to call the pest people and see if they want to do another spraying here since I put in my rain barrels which are connected to the house and therefore a potential ant trail. A couple of other calls need to be made as well.

Today, I am grateful to feel pretty good. Have a good day everyone.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning friends,

Another night of poor sleep, perhaps due again to anxiety over subbing, but I think also to trace amounts of gluten somewhere.

Yesterday was a good day Subbing, but it also wasn't. Overall not bad, unless you count a boy in 5th hour whom I moved to a different seat, then afterschool he decided to get me back - his Mom is Principal, and he “used her” to attempt to threaten and intimidate me, just to get me to apologize. His tactics might have back-fired on him, as I spoke to her (closed doors w/o him in the room) before I left the school.

I was upset enough over that encounter that I didn't complete my notes to the teacher on my day (did them after dinner), so I’ll have to take them before school because Mr O will need my lists of students who didn't complete the quiz.

Today I sub at High School for a Special Ed teacher; she called yesyerday to say I didn't need to come until 8:30am. Yay! I get to take littles to school — ds14 may want a ride too.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday, I gave myself a limit of $40, came in at $38.86 getting everything I wanted (except broccoli, it looked wilted).

Last night’s dinner was GF spaghetti with summer squash-Deer sausage-Tomato marinara sauce — I put a bit away for my lunch too.

Tonight’s dinner might be leftover chicken-veg “stew” bulked up with onions & diced potatoes.

Busy night tonight with us needing to be at church 2 hours in a row due to ds10 cub scout pack meeting, then big boys YM annual planning meeting.

My wake-up alarm just went off, so I’m drinking some tea then heading for shower.

Today I’m thankful for a later report-for-Subbing time.