Daily Check in Sept 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Sept 19, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... looks like it will be another hot one today ...

Up much too early with various worries./concerns.
Maggie, ((hugs)) ...
Anyway, need to get on with the day and take care of those things I actually can do something about. At the top of the list is getting part of that brisket cooked. (Somehow or another I got stuck with that ... hmmm ...) After that, we shall see ...
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I didn't sleep well either, tossed and turned, half in sleep half out...ugh it was awful.
Need to get myself presentable, have to take dads dog to the doggie beauty shop and then pick him up when done.
It will screw up my garage cleaning plans as to clean the garage requires a total change of clothes and after it is done... a fresh shower and shampoo. I guess I will put it off until tomorrow. At least I can load the donations to be delivered to the Emmaus.

I will do house stuff today and bake some banana bread with the bananas I had in the freezer. I won't eat it but the fiancé will.
Supposed to get hot again today, hoping this heat comes to an end soon. I have leaves falling already,can't tell if it is from intense dry heat or what.

I see a nap in my afternoon,
Have a good day all,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

What do y'all consider hot? I am so happy it only gets to 90 now.

Hope you destress Maggie. I also just lost another family member. A cousin that had been ill for years finely succumbed to the illness. Younger than me!
Gayle - keep on going. I can't believe that kid thinks he can pull this. I hope his mom didn't put that idea in his head. Sheesh

I'm up and going to start getting ready for the usual wednesday breakfast. Not sure what i will do after that. The rain has stopped for now and all you heard yesterday was lawn mowers running. The weeds just grow overnight.

Have a great day all

read this article this morning and thought - what the heck!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 875e7dbe08
NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning!

Got 7 yards of gravel dumped at my house yesterday afternoon; boy, that was a lot of gravel to spread down the driveway and made a new area to park just beyond the gate for DH's Jeep. I am a bit sore but not as bad as I thought but maybe it is still the Tylenol in my system from last night that is helping :lol: . DH shoveled piles into our garden cart and then he towed it behind our riding lawn mower and pitched it out in a pile for me to spread. It took us all afternoon, with a few breaks in between with curious neighbors stopping by to see what we are up to, and finally got done by the time the sun had set and the moon came out. We even had enough gravel to dump a couple of piles in the second driveway in front of the apartment. DS sent DSD a text and told her he wasn't going to spread that gravel, she and boyfriend can do those. I also hacked down a lilac bush that sits at the end of our driveway. It is a nuisance because it grows in such a way that you can't see when you pull backwards out of the driveway and you could hit an oncoming car. It keeps growing back but DH and I are going to finally finish it off this time by drilling holes into the trunk and putting root killer into them this next spring. I dug up all the purple iris that was planted around it too. My plan is to clean up the area completely and re-plant grass in that whole section. I used to have tulips and daffodils mixed in with the iris but the moles and squirrels have noshed on them and they have disappeared leaving nothing but the boring purple iris. The critters obviously don't like the taste of purple iris ;) .

DH and I got the CC paid off yesterday and drove down to the insurance agent's office and got the house and car insurance paid for the year. Today is supposed to be another nice day and starting tomorrow the rain sets back in. I want DH to remove the old air conditioner out of the window of the living room. It has served it's purpose for the year and we need to get it tucked away. It is many years old and was one FIL used and DH said he would be interested in buying a new one next year that is in much better shape and more energy efficient. FIL would leave the current one in the window year round so it is pretty rough from sitting year round and is slightly rusty and who-knows-what growing in it. All in all it will be a busy and productive two days off. Hubby is moaning and groaning with the "honey-do" lists but I have to remind him he owns a house and it comes with responsibility. Well, my tea is waiting and I must shower and get ready for some grocery shopping at Winco. Going to work on my menu list, update my budget and carefully plan my future spending for the week. Take care everyone!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am What do y'all consider hot? I am so happy it only gets to 90 now.

Hope you destress Maggie. I also just lost another family member. A cousin that had been ill for years finely succumbed to the illness. Younger than me!
Gayle - keep on going. I can't believe that kid thinks he can pull this. I hope his mom didn't put that idea in his head. Sheesh

I'm up and going to start getting ready for the usual wednesday breakfast. Not sure what i will do after that. The rain has stopped for now and all you heard yesterday was lawn mowers running. The weeds just grow overnight.

Have a great day all

read this article this morning and thought - what the heck!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 875e7dbe08
Clem we are expecting an heat index of 100 F.. This is the 4th hottest Sept on record.. I had heat and summer.. Hopefully we will be getting some rain and a cool down by the week-end. Not much going on here.

Puttering and starting to do a minor Fall cleaning. My aide is restricted to light housekeeping so I have to do things in short increments but it will get done.

Maggie and Gayle...hugs

Gayle my current aide is a retired educator.. She said the one thing she would never consider is subbing... She said it is horrible job.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
rinty

Post by rinty »

Well, ((((hugs)))) to Maggie and Gayle

Maggie, so sorry you had to put up with someones rant. And ADHD is no excuse, maybe they need think of another career choice, it not up to others to cope with them.

And Gayle I hope you spoke up about that boy.

Had a few challenges at work " are you okay ? are you okay ?" re what happened but like I have said my new approach means I brush it off at the door. They get 100% of me for the hours I am in the building.

Fretting re DS. DH went over and did a good look around, made it obvious . I get DS home for a long weekend this weekend, YAY. :) DH has planned a special trip for him, it will take both of us to take him. Not dear, less than a tenner a person and maybe a disabled/carer rate. I don't always ask if I know DS will really enjoy something as much or more than someone non handicapped.

Food this week has been GOOD. DH makes a salad and homemade dressing which we share for lunches. He rings the changes and they are sooooo good. Today the frickin' dog woke me at stupid o'clock so I made a batch of 12 mini quiche using up some cheddar and we each had a few with our salad.

Tonight came in and DH had made another soup, this time a rich, thick onion soup with our home grown onions in a chicken stock. YUM. So an early , very nice dinner.

Lurching to payday ;) I feel I have 60p to my name . I did bung a couple of hundred to a kid with unexpected expenses, had my hair done ect so it wasn't a normal month so not stressing over that.

DH and I are in a very good place. Which is nice ;) I think he is enjoying my not being over obsessed with work and its been wonderful that he has taken on this DS battle . He is protective but is very "cold" with social services ect where he sees I get so upset with them. He never lets them see they are getting to us, he challenges them.

Off t throw 2 loads in the washing machine...........a delicates wash of my smart work clothes and a bedding /towels hot wash.

What I really NEED to do is empty my car boot of all that donated craft cr%p.........but there is SOOOOOOO much of it :shock: :shock: :shock: . I'm sure its all great but I ain't tackling it tonight.

Hot chocolate with whipped cream around 8pm, then off to bed with a book.