Daily Check in Sept 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 20, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It is pouring rain and has been doing so all afternoon. That means I did not get out to pick the green tomatoes.

Did get the shopping done, bills paid, and threads clipped on the quilt top. Now I need to locate the backing material and can get that sandwiched together. Hubby had a friend drop by and so I let them visit. I put all our pictures into folders so they are easy to locate. I have a few pictures to get off of my phone yet, as well as a few from Hubby's and my cameras. Once that is done those SD cards are being emptied for the next round of photo taking.

Off to continue the search for a piece of fabric (or old sheet) that is big enough to back this quilt.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in Sept 20, 2018

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

I had an interesting day today as l went on the archaeological tour sponsored by our local conservation authority. Even bus transportation was provided (even though it was a school bus!) This was a great way to spend an otherwise dismal, cloudy day. At least it didn't rain and I wasn't cold as I dressed warmly. I wore my light magic gloves and worked up a good appetite with all the fresh air and hiking. The guide for our hike was from the anthropology department of our local university. Most of the participants were young retirees like myself, but there were about 10 university students as well.Yesterday I went to a free Pilates sampler. Although I did enjoy the exercises, I would never sign up for any further classes at $40.00 for each class - very expensive!! They do specialize in a lot of restorative work which strengthens muscles and tendons of those who have suffered an injury or have chronic pain. I am extremely fortunate not to have an ache or pain in my body. They also help individuals who have had hip or knee replacements.

Tomorrow will be a day spent at home, catching up on household chores and garden work, weather permitting. No doubt, I'll sneak in some book reading too!

Have a good evening!
Creative