check-in Fri 9/21/ 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: check-in Fri 9/21/ 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am thrilled.. we finally have cool weather! Hopefully the horrible heat from summer is over..

I checked on my apple tree and saw where a few apples had fallen off but critters had partially eaten them. So I used a rake to grab the ones really high up. I have about 7 apples.. Some small which I will cut up and cook down and put in the freezer for later. I had one for dinner with peanut butter. Saved several others to eat for snacks the next few days. There is one more apple high up and I will keep a check on it..This has been my best year for apples since the tree was planted. All of the other trees died off for various reasons.

I had made a challenge to myself to only spend $22.00 this month for groceries and I have been doing very well. I am using a lot of things that I have stockpiled. It has been interesting and fun and I think I will do the same for October. Need to go over my budget to see how much of a challenge to make.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:50 pm Rinty, I am so sorry about the continued troubles with your son's accommodations. (((HUGS))) But it's great that you have him home and are enjoying him this weekend.

I have today off work, although I probably should have gone in, as I missed about six hours of work seeing the neuro-ophthalmologist twice in two days. They did a lot of tests and there was finally good news! My lost color vision has returned, the optic nerves are transmitting perfectly to my brain, and the swelling from high spinal pressure on my optic nerves appears to be slowly healing. My vision is back to 20/25 left and 20/20 right.

It will still be a couple more years, most likely, before remission, but this was wonderful to hear. I can more easily bear the horrible side effects from the brain medication now that it's finally making progress.

Work this week was utterly crazy, and I am still on the fence as to whether or not I like this job. The parishioners are mostly in the rich-eccentric-lazy as sin category, with a few people with genuine mental illness running loose and causing problems. There's something locally about wealthy families just petering out of decent sense in the fourth or fifth generation!

I take great comfort from Rinty's "be thankful I showed up" work attitude. They get my best for eight hours a day, but they don't own me. :-D
Mackie....that is wonderful news about your eyesight!!!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

BeckyO wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 am Morning Y'All,

It's been forever since I checked in. My world is a brighter place. DD#2 has a few more treatments but the cancer is gone : ) She is stronger and beginning to live again. It took the maximum radiation and chemo therapy and 9 hours of surgery. They had to stop the therapies a couple of times because they said it would kill her before the cancer.. they'd wait til she gained 5 pounds before starting again.. a rough year, but the sun is shining now.

I have to get my flu shot Fri. today. I tried to get it at the VA when I saw my GP. They don't have it yet, but she told me the VA has a contract with Walgren's. She said I need it Now. Does anyone know if the VA has contract with Walgren's in other states.

I got a notice on my computer, Thursday, that it was being frozen because I had contracted a virus, call 1-800- right away. I wondered, but I couldn't do anything, I called..an off shore call center
He found over 1000 errors. It could be fixed. "How much" "$257" I said, "No, get off my computer." It took 10 min to get rid of him. He called me back twice.
I changed from Explorer (which is still frozen) to my already downloaded Chrome browser. It is working fine.
Maggie, do you, or anybody else, have a comment ?

I will try to check back ,later.
BeckyO
Becky, Tears of joy for your daughter!!!!
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Thank you, Everybody for the warm welcome back and thoughts on my DD#2.
Thanks, Maggie, for the suggestion.
I am sleepy, off to bed, will check-in again tomorrow(later, today, LOL
BeckyO
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Becky O !!!!! So thrilled to see you posting!