Daily check in September 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in September 23, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Morning everyone. Let's get started.

Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in September 23, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

Stayed home yesterday and worked in the yard. I didn't need any more plants, even free. I got a lot done.

I have planted firespike that I raised from cuttings in the shady section along the south fence. I hope they do well and take off. I would like the privacy sooner than later. The sugarcane, planted along the fence, are sprouting at the base. A good sign.

Today, I need to mow the front. We did not have rain yesterday, so the grass should be dry and easy to mow. In addition, I have begun digging out the top of the culvert to place several erosion control timbers. I thought 6 ft would be enough, but I really think now I need to go with a full 8 ft timber. I will buy that today, early, before getting sweaty mowing the grass.

I used some more hatch peppers with my leftovers last night. And froze the rest whole for later cooking. Tonight is chicken breast with green peppers, mushrooms and onions. Simple cooking, healthy cooking.

It appears that I am not the only person who has reduced need for thyroid medication after going keto. Interesting.

Hubs labs came back. His A1C is 5.0 That is about as low as normal can get. After I get back from my trip, we will have to consider dropping metformin in order to prevent hypoglycemia from developing. But while I am gone, he will be eating more carbs.

He is also not experiencing pain despite being on the 4th day without pain medication. This diet?? Wow. The right move.

Today, I am grateful for the slight change in temperature. The mornings seem better. Have a good day everyone.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I attended Mass last night and then met friends for dinner. I came home rather than going to the free concert. I am back to my "early to bed, early to rise" habits. This morning's to-do list includes making frosting for DS's cake, making a batch of Chili for lunches, wrapping DS's birthday gift, and then picking up DS from his Dad's house about 10 AM. Then more packing. But I am happy with my progress. I am down mostly to clothes, kitchen, and knick-knacks.

Have a great day,
Maggie

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning....
Definitely fall weather today here, too.
CG ... sending good thoughts to you and your DH!

Let's see ... got interrupted yesterday, so didn't finish my post. Not a frugal weekend ... had to haul Big Boy off to the vet. He had a flare-up of his chronic upper-respiratory issue, and the normal treatment didn't pull him out of it. Poor boy has had a rough summer of it. So, an antibiotic and $!00+ later ... But, he is sounding better and acting more like himself, so $$$ well spent in my opinion.

Went off to one of the big (free!) art fairs in the area yesterday. Nice assortment of artworks! Then off to the orchard ... managed to get my apples and some squash and get out easily. Most of the crowd was over in the "pumpkin patch" or standing in line for cider/treats.

Today, a bit of work to clean up. May get some cookies baked ... have a chicken to put in the oven a bit later.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is a lovely 52 F here and I am loving it.. Had to put a Tee shirt on Teddi since his fur has not had a chance to grow long enough for him to stay warm.

DG the keto diet is amazing. My brother has short nerve degeneration disease and he was told my conventional Drs that there was nothing that they could do for him. After doing a lot of research he went on the keto diet and he feels he has stopped the progress of the disease and his pain is significantly decreased maybe even gone...He does have other problems that cause pain. I am on and off of the keto diet due to my diabetes is takes me dangerously low.. I have been phasing out non keto foods here but try to follow a balance between keto and gluten free.. It is amazing.. My problem is I only have one functioning kidney and if I eat keto all the time I get kidney stones or pain in my kidney. Glad you and your DH are seeing such good results.

Everyone have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

CG, I am thinking of you and your DH. I’m glad that he is improving each day.

LWolfT, your Fall art fair sounds so nice. I love pumpkins, cider, mums and haystacks. Sadly, Fall is a big nothing here in Florida.

I’m again planning to stay home most of the day. I got a lot of cleaning done yesterday and will do more today. I was able to hook up the new cable box for my downstairs TV so will try the one for upstairs today. I have an old VCR/DVD connected to the old upstairs TV and I do use it so hooking up the cable box there may be more confusing.

I may try to cut mom’s backyard late today if it doesn’t rain. If not today I’ll do it on Tuesday. Because we haven’t had much rain the past week it is not bad - yet.

Pretty quiet here.