Daily Check in Sept 25, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 25, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal Friends,

This afternoon I will go stay with the grands for a bit. DIL is working out of town, the babysitter has an appointment for her daughter. So I will go over about 4 and stay until DS1 gets home from work. Sunday over at Mom and Dad's, Mom was in the office with DGS18months and heard her saying "This child is a fearless". He was climbing up the desk. No wonder usually has an assortment of bumps and bruises.

My breakfast and lunch are packed.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Sept 25, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

I think I just lost my post. :o

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning again all,

Wow, my post just went poof. I think I must of hit something on this laptop. I am used to a regular keyboard and a regular computer, but mine died and I am just using hubs laptop. It discourages me from staying online much.

Briefly, I used a vet only gift card to pay for kitty's nail trim. It was initially declined and the office manager had to call the flea product company that had sent the gift card. Kitty had a bit of gunk under her nails, but no fleas. The gunk appears when she get nail fungus. She does not like her nails treated for it, so I hope it doesn't get worse. She was mad that she had to sit in her carrier while the office manager called the company.

I scored some clearance cat food yesterday. 50% off. Yes!

Bought an end of season(up north) weed trimmer at a good price at Home Depot.

Today, I will build the culvert barrier on the other side of the driveway, so both sides match. I hope to complete it this morning while it is cool and the area is in the shade. This afternoon, I will work on the south fence line and maybe lay irrigation pipe. See what the weather allows.

I wanted to roast a chicken. It did not thaw in the frig, so we will have chicken breasts tonight. Hopefully, the whole chicken will be thawed by tomorrow. We will have fresh green peppers and other green vegetables with it. Cajun style. Hub's favorite.

Today, I am grateful for the slight morning coolness. It is just enough to get me energized and productive. Have a good day everyone. Happy fall.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

up way too early today

Let the boys out and saw that it wasn't even 6am! They usually go out about 7:30.

Oh well. I slept okay. No weird dreams

Sometimes I forget what I have planned for the day and almost forgot a meeting this afternoon. How can I forget when it involves food!

Then having dinner with my former classmates. The ones that are looking for love in all the wrong places. Divorced. Then in relationships, now separated from their boyfriends. They don't agree with my "stay single" advice. Oh well.

Interesting conversations will be had. :mrgreen:

Have a great day

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 am
up way too early today

Let the boys out and saw that it wasn't even 6am! They usually go out about 7:30.

Oh well. I slept okay. No weird dreams

Sometimes I forget what I have planned for the day and almost forgot a meeting this afternoon. How can I forget when it involves food!

Then having dinner with my former classmates. The ones that are looking for love in all the wrong places. Divorced. Then in relationships, now separated from their boyfriends. They don't agree with my "stay single" advice. Oh well.

Interesting conversations will be had. :mrgreen:

Have a great day
Clem I am with you. I recently read an article that said women who stay single are the happiest people. Also read an article on one of the oldest women in the world.. I think she is 105.. She said.. stay away from men they are not worth the trouble..or something like that....lol.. I am very happy and content on my own. Some women want a man to take care of them financially or emotionally.. I prefer to do that myself. May not be able to do all of the luxury things and have to budget to get what I need but I would rather do that than deal with someone else's personality. Also I do enjoy my own company. So many people want someone in their lives to make them happy. You have to make yourself happy first. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is very overcast with fog and eerily quite we are expecting storms later on today.

I did a load of dish towels last night and will do a load of clothes this morning and use the dryer since they will never dry in this weather..Will putter in the kitchen not much else planned. Maybe some paperwork this afternoon..

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama