Daily Check in Sept 25, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Sept 25, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:31 am Good morning all.

I’m very happy and content on my own, too.

I’m able to sit here relaxing this a.m. because I got mom’s back yard cut last night. I got over there about 4:30 and even though part of the yard was still sunny, I decided to give it a go. Unlike last time, I was smart and put a big glass of cold water on a table where I could easily reach it. It worked out well and I was also able to completely pull the weeds from the side garden after I finished cutting. When I got home around 6 p.m., a strong storm started all of a sudden with lots of rain.

I think that today I’ll read. A friend gave me a novel called Atomic City Girls. I’m not usually a fiction reader but it will tie in with a one-day class on the Manhattan Project that I’m taking in October. I signed up for four separate classes through a senior continuing education program at a local college - The Manhattan Project (1 session), French for Tourists (4 sessions), the 1930s Depression (4 sessions) and Baroque Christmas Music (1 session). Something different to do.

Instead of recycling the cardboard boxes that contained the cable boxes, I decided that one of them would be a nice bed for Pippi - at least temporarily. It is a good size and has an attached lid. She was looking but when I put a towel in it she jumped right in and laid down. Last evening she kept going back and forth between the new “bed” and the quilt on the sofa aside of me. Very cute.

So a quiet day here.
I think I would like to attend the class on the 1930 Depression and the Baroque Christmas Music..sounds interesting..

I can see Pippi enjoying her new bed and yet wanting to be near her Mama too.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:24 pm Good Morning Everyone,

It's an overcast day in my little world, but weatherman predicted rainy weather and cooler temps for the week. I am hoping that it want rain and the grass will be dry enough for me to run the lawnmower over it later this afternoon. I haven't had to turn on my air conditioner since I returned home from my trip.

My mail from the past week and a half will be delivered today and I will probably spend more than a few minutes shredding before I come back inside. I moved my shredder to the garage and it's so much handier there.

My bone scan is scheduled for 8:30 in the morning and I am hoping that I will sleep well tonight and be able to get up that early. I don't normally schedule anything in the morning, but for some reason they were booked this time of year when the appointment was made.

Speaking of being single, I am finally getting use to being single again after many years of married bliss. In my case when you had a good relationship with someone you want it again. So far with the two relationships I have been in that just hasn't worked out for me. However, considering how homesick I got this time and how glad I was to get home I know I have made the right decision to stay single.

Mr. B is wonderful, but I am not willing to move to another town and he's the same way. We are just to old to turn our lives upside down. We have decided to just be good friends, travel together and stay single. It's a pity he doesn't live in the same town so we could see each other more, but that is just the way it is. He is wonderful, but his daughter is nothing but "drama" and even though I like him a lot, each time that I see her I dislike her a little bit more. She has to be one of the most spoiled human beings that I have ever met and the more I see of her I think one of the rudest. He brought her a beautiful Pelican wind-chime back from Gulf Shores for her patio and when he gave it to her she said, "oh goody, just what I needed, something else to make noise". It was a good thing I wasn't with him for I think I would have had to have bitten my tongue off to have kept from saying something back to her. It just hurt his feelings. I asked him why didn't he just take it back, bring it home and put it on his back porch, it would have been perfect there. As y'all can tell she's gone to the bottom of my list in people I want to share my life with.

Well, need to get my day started and see what I can accomplish. I am thinking about making some of Janet's dumplings in some chicken soup.

Everyone have a great day and stay safe.
Libby let me know how you like the dumplings.. I loved them when I could eat regular flour.. I am sad that they did not transition well with gluten free flour..

Sorry to hear that your Mr B has a thorn in his paw with his daughter. Sad. Glad though that you have found a new friend and can enjoy each others company when able. I had a gentleman friend too and he said he really liked me a lot but I lived too far away. He was looking for someone in his community that he could drop in and have coffee with or maybe take to lunch.. That would be ok for me too but I am still happy and content on my own.. Good thing since where I live it is not that easy to drop in for coffee. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:59 pm
littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:24 pm
Libby let me know how you like the dumplings.. I loved them when I could eat regular flour.. I am sad that they did not transition well with gluten free flour..

Sorry to hear that your Mr B has a thorn in his paw with his daughter. Sad. Glad though that you have found a new friend and can enjoy each others company when able. I had a gentleman friend too and he said he really liked me a lot but I lived too far away. He was looking for someone in his community that he could drop in and have coffee with or maybe take to lunch.. That would be ok for me too but I am still happy and content on my own.. Good thing since where I live it is not that easy to drop in for coffee. Janet Alliesmama
Janet,

I just had some of them and they were delicious. I loved the texture and they really hit the spot for this cool rainy afternoon, it's a keeper.

Mr. B is so disappointed in her actions and I feel like it's causing undue stress in his life as well. I like my life to be calm and soothing with no glitches. She says she wants him to be happy, but she really wants him to be happy without me. If this were a teenager, I could understand it much better, but this is a 62 year old woman who needs to be staying at home taking care of her own husband, who has to have kidney dialysis 3 times a week instead of traveling all over the country with her single girlfriends.

She is planning a trip with friends to Japan in the Spring and he told me this week-end he doesn't intend to finance it. I didn't open my mouth except to say, "just make sure this is what you really want to do". I think he will have a real hard time cutting her off moneywise since he and his deceased wife have always been so generous to her. The son is a sweetheart, and he's getting the screws put to him in my opinion. He doesn't need his Dad's help, but the daughter does. She doesn't have one qualm about her getting more help than her brother and that speaks volumes to me. My daughter wouldn't let me give to her and her brother not receive the same consideration. I just keep finding out more and more that he's done for her over the years. Just before his wife died they gave her the money to pay off the loan on her house and then found out there was also a second lien on it. I didn't ask if he picked up the tab for the second mortgage. She spends money like it grows on trees.

She plays golf at least 5 days a week and that has to be costing her a pretty penny. He says now she is traveling to other towns to play in tournaments. She must be pretty good for she has won several of the tournaments.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pmI have assembled another dinosaur.
I thought of you yesterday when someone showed me a knit (knitted?) slice of cake. Two shades of brown like a chocolate cake with frosting would be, 3 layers of 'cake' with a frosted swirl and a birthday candle on top. All yarn. Stuffed to hold its form.

That's one of those things I can admire, but if I were to try it, there'd be weeping. :lol:
I am a talentless hack ;)
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

89, feels like 91. Know what tomorrow's high is going to be? 67! YAY! Tomorrow night its supposed to be in the 50s!

On remarriage / dating...

I will never, again. I wasn't looking for DH, he just showed up and wouldn't go date someone his own age and leave me to my own set ways. Don't get me wrong, I adore this guy, but were he to pass before me I will never so much as be too friendly with another man, lest he get the idea there's interest. I lucked out with the one I've got and won't mess up by following him up with anyone else. My marriage batting record will always be one miss, one hit :D What's that, batting 500?

I can't even imagine 'dating' now. People want too much personal investment without any real emotional investment (loosely referred to, I think, as "hanging out" and "hooking up" though I may have the terminology all askew). No thanks!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 pm
LWolfT wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am Good morning
It's absolutely pouring outside. I'm sitting in the waiting room at the hospital while DH undergoes some tests.
As for the rest of the day, have some work and chores. Dinner's going to be leftover chicken, so I can get on with making some soup 😉
Thinking about popping down to the cafeteria to get coffee ...
Hope your Hubby's tests go well. Go grab that coffee.
I did, Jackie, thanks! Got a little exercise in, too, LOL! The actual testing went well, course, now we wait on results ...