S/O little houses or tiny houses :-)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: S/O little houses or tiny houses :-)

Post by clemencia2us »

I would want bigger windows.

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Bev, my community has a bus (very large van) to take residents to doctor or professional appointments, shopping or one field trips. There is a book put where you want to go and when. It has a lift so wheelchairs, power-chairs and scoters can be accommodated.
There are two companies on site that can be hired for out patient health care, nurses, aids etc. I live in an Independent Living Facility as opposed to an Assisted Living Facility.

Littlemiss, thank you for remembering. DD#2 is still recovering from her bout with cancer, it was close, but she is going to live, after max doses of chemo & radiation and 9 hours of surgery. Getting better everyday.
My nephew, 4 yrs older than D#2, died a few moths ago. Hard to believe he is gone.
BeckyO

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

BeckyO wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Bev, my community has a bus (very large van) to take residents to doctor or professional appointments, shopping or one field trips. There is a book put where you want to go and when. It has a lift so wheelchairs, power-chairs and scoters can be accommodated.
There are two companies on site that can be hired for out patient health care, nurses, aids etc. I live in an Independent Living Facility as opposed to an Assisted Living Facility.
Littlemiss, thank you for remembering. DD#2 is still recovering from her bout with cancer, it was close, but she is going to live, after max doses of chemo & radiation and 9 hours of surgery. Getting better everyday.
My nephew, 4 yrs older than D#2, died a few moths ago. Hard to believe he is gone.
BeckyO
Oh BeckyO, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew, I remembered wrong thinking it was a grandson. Doesn't matter, so sorry. So happy about your DD, the word cancer just sends cold chills down my spine. I hate the disease and it can strike at any age.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:04 pm
Went by a small house being fixed up. It’s one of those big storage sheds. Asked if I could take pictures
Clem, that reminds me too much of a trailer. I have wondered if you could take one of those nice storage sheds that Lowe's sells and use that as your basic shell.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Becky - I am sorry about your nephew. It is so hard to lose those who we have loved and watched grow up.

I am posting a link to a tiny house that I think is adorable. That being said, I can admire it but when I look at the realities of living there, I would (at this point in my life) find it impossible. 1. Not even a dishwasher and you could not seat more than 2 people in that kitchen and being a messy cook we could dine while looking at every dirty dish and pot and pan I had used. 2. I am not a clothes horse - I could care less about clothes as long as I am clean and appropriately dressed for occasions, but I could not fit my T shirts in that closet. 3. I don't think the living room would hold my needlework stash. etc, etc.

I think this would be fine for a minimalist like Clem or for anyone who copes with lessening capabilities we all face as we age. But to do this voluntarily before I have to do so would make me miserable. I like my stuff! We all have different requirements I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcaKBcQixCM

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:06 pm
clemencia2us wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:04 pm
Went by a small house being fixed up. It’s one of those big storage sheds. Asked if I could take pictures
Clem, that reminds me too much of a trailer. I have wondered if you could take one of those nice storage sheds that Lowe's sells and use that as your basic shell.
Did you see the pictures I posted. That is what this is basically.