S/O little houses or tiny houses :-)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BeckyO

Re: S/O little houses or tiny houses :-)

Post by BeckyO »

CG and Littlemiss,
Thank you for your condolences.

I watch "Tiny Houses" on HGTV. I look for good ideas and I love looking at them. I am not sure I could live in some of them, tho.. LOL. And I know, even before I aged or became disabled, that I would Not want a loft bedroom , particularly one accessed by a ladder. Oh, no!
BeckyO

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Same here Libby - -how do you break a cupboard door? Are they letting kids swing on them? I have never broken a cabinet door. When the time comes for downsizing , I hope I can find a place like Becky's - it sounds so nice. LOL on the dishes - that is a certainty.

Becky - I know with the lofts - right? Even if I could manage the ladder (which I could not) I couldn't stand being in a space where I could not stand. Too much like a drawer in a morgue for my claustrophobic tastes.

But again I know are all different. Might work great for others- just never for me. I am not even sure I could fit my needlework supplies into one of those tiny houses. Like I said before, I like my stuff.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

colonialgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:18 pm
Same here Libby - -how do you break a cupboard door? Are they letting kids swing on them? I have never broken a cabinet door. When the time comes for downsizing , I hope I can find a place like Becky's - it sounds so nice. LOL on the dishes - that is a certainty.

Becky - I know with the lofts - right? Even if I could manage the ladder (which I could not) I couldn't stand being in a space where I could not stand. Too much like a drawer in a morgue for my claustrophobic tastes.

But again I know are all different. Might work great for others- just never for me. I am not even sure I could fit my needlework supplies into one of those tiny houses. Like I said before, I like my stuff.
no loft for me either.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:24 pm
colonialgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:02 pm
Isn't it cute Lbby? But I think the thing is - it is like model homes. You walk in and think -Oh I love this, I could live here. But if you really sit down and analyze realities -where would I sort clothes, where would I keep dirty clothes, how would I store even limited Christmas decorations, etc, etc, etc. I look at this and wonder - could I have more than 3 pair of jeans and three tops. Where are the washer and dryer? I don't see them being viable.
I live in a house built in 1930. It is 1800sq ft but the closets are small. I have at least 20 pairs of pants in there. Don't know how many tops. At least 80 pairs of shoes. Closet is maybe 3.5 ft deep, 4 ft wide. It is all in how you organize.

I have about 20 pairs of shorts and about same number of tees in one drawer of a vintage dresser. Of course I don't like bulky fabrics and everything folds very nicely. All made of some blend of super absorbent but quick drying fabric.
Clem...you have 80 pairs of shoes?????

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

probably - lots of pairs of tennis shoes in the mix.

I hung those shoe bag things up on the walls and the door of my closet. All full and have the ones I use the most on the floor.

If I like a pair, I will order several. My favorite right now is a new balance in a beautiful deep purple. I have three pairs of that. One still new in the box.

Count your shoes - I bet you have more than you think.

I'm including flip flops in this number. At least five pair there.

then there are the shoes I only wear during our short winter.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I actually like the first one clem pictured. I dont do stairs. It's similar to a park model kind of thing and I have thought about that kind of community. Clem, we also cook very lityle although we eat at home alot cause once I'm home I want to stay there. We do lunch once a week and happy hour once a week and other than that I do schwans, the family meal frozen dinners at wmt....which are actually quite good and I'm a food snob. Or slow cookin/casserole cooking in bulk so we can just grab and heat.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com