Daily check-in Sept 27, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily check-in Sept 27, 2018

Post by littlemiss63 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:06 pm
Hello all.

Happy Birthday, LittleMiss! Is your birthday today or another day this week?

Well political nerd that I am and have been my whole life, I’m glued to the Ford-Kavanaugh hearing. If my mom was alive, she would be watching, too - at least until a few years ago. Christine Ford is 100% credible and impressive but Kavanaugh still may make it onto the Supreme Court. (I’m still very unhappy that President Obama’s nominee, a moderate not a liberal Merrick Garland, was not even given the opportunity for a hearing or vote due to Mitch McConnell. I’ll never forgive him for that.) Whatever happens, I hope that women young and old have the courage to speak out.

My friends and I have often spoken, including this week, about how fortunate we were to work at a company that did not put up with any sexual harassment. There was one incident with a guy in our art department and he was fired.

I got a good roof estimate from the company yesterday and I’m meeting with another company Monday morning. So much for my neighbor doing the legwork!

I spoke with my insurance company to doublecheck that I don’t have to wait exactly a year to get my flu shot. So I plan on going tomorrow.

Back to watching the hearing. They are on their lunch break now.
It was the 20th of September. I guess the thing that I don't understand is why there are so many of the sexual harassment charges coming out about everyone and why didn't we realize that this was so prevalent in our society. I worked from the time I was 17 years old until I was 70 and I am a reasonably attractive person and not once in all those years did I ever have anything done or said to me that could have been considered sexual harassment.

I can't understand either why someone is not doing full background checks and investigations into any nominee for public office instead of waiting until their names are out there and their families are humiliated along with them. If Kavanaugh is guilty of what he's being accused of he should never have been considered in the first place. Until the past few years I didn't realize that men could be so low-classed and can't keep their hands and penises to themselves unless it's wanted.
Last edited by littlemiss63 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:51 pm
floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:06 pm
Hello all.

Happy Birthday, LittleMiss! Is your birthday today or another day this week?

Well political nerd that I am and have been my whole life, I’m glued to the Ford-Kavanaugh hearing. If my mom was alive, she would be watching, too - at least until a few years ago. Christine Ford is 100% credible and impressive but Kavanaugh still may make it onto the Supreme Court. (I’m still very unhappy that President Obama’s nominee, a moderate not a liberal Merrick Garland, was not even given the opportunity for a hearing or vote due to Mitch McConnell. I’ll never forgive him for that.) Whatever happens, I hope that women young and old have the courage to speak out.

My friends and I have often spoken, including this week, about how fortunate we were to work at a company that did not put up with any sexual harassment. There was one incident with a guy in our art department and he was fired.

I got a good roof estimate from the company yesterday and I’m meeting with another company Monday morning. So much for my neighbor doing the legwork!

I spoke with my insurance company to doublecheck that I don’t have to wait exactly a year to get my flu shot. So I plan on going tomorrow.

Back to watching the hearing. They are on their lunch break now.
It was the 20th of September. I guess the thing that I don't understand is why is there are so many of the sexual harassment charges coming out about everyone and why didn't we realize that this was so prevalent in our society. I worked from the time I was 17 years old until I was 70 and I am a reasonably attractive person and not once in all those years did I ever have anything done or said to me that could have been considered sexual harassment.

I can't understand either why someone is not doing full background checks and investigations into any nominee for public office instead of waiting until their names are out there and their families are humiliated along with them. If Kavanaugh is guilty of what he's being accused of he should never have been considered in the first place. Until the past few years I didn't realize that men could be so low-classed and can't keep their hands and penises to themselves unless it's wanted.
I have never been sexually harassed either, thankfully. Everything that came out with Harvey Weinstein and Fox News and some others was pretty shocking. I think many women never said anything because of fear of losing jobs or just plain embarrassment. I think that things will improve now that more women are in management and positions of power.

To me it seems that Kavanaugh was a decent person until he started drinking. The drinking was a big, big issue in my mind.

But not having children and being 64, I’ve decided not to get upset whatever happens with this nomination or this POTUS. I’ll vote and support people who fit my ideas of what is right and let the chips fall where they will. It is sad, however.

I am happy to travel, do fun things and help people when I can. That is my life. But I’m still a political nerd, too.

P.S. I’m a Democrat but in today’s environment Bill Clinton would not be elected. I did not vote for him for a second term, one of the few times I’ve voted GOP for president. Morality and civility matters.

Sorry to all for my political interests and comments on this forum. I know it is inappropriate. I’m not very frugal lately. Going back into my shell now.

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Afternoon Y'All,
I was mildly sexually harassed. Mainly I was sexually discriminated against in the job market.. "I'm surprised a woman applied for this job.".. "Oh, I didn't realize RO was a woman (I made the highest score on a Civil Service test for a job) I'll have to discuss this with my boss when he returns from vacation. Call back then" "Sorry, that job was filled last week." After one interview I received a letter.. "We have decideded not to fill that job at this time."(the male applicant was appointed to the job 4 months later)

II feel lots better, today, not so tired wet from rain, cold or achy.. makes a big difference. I chose the wrong entre at lunch : ( but I ate enough. I could lose weigh that way, LOL

My scooter needs new wheels. The repairman and I have played phone tag aghh...It doesn't hurt the performance but it is noisy : ( He just called. He will do it this afternoon, hope not too late.

I have a few small chores to do then I am out for the day. Have a good afternoon.
BeckyO

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:43 pm
floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:32 pm
littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:51 pm

It was the 20th of September. I guess the thing that I don't understand is why there are so many of the sexual harassment charges coming out about everyone and why didn't we realize that this was so prevalent in our society. I worked from the time I was 17 years old until I was 70 and I am a reasonably attractive person and not once in all those years did I ever have anything done or said to me that could have been considered sexual harassment.

I have never been sexually harassed either, thankfully. Everything that came out with Harvey Weinstein and Fox News and some others was pretty shocking. I think many women never said anything because of fear of losing jobs or just plain embarrassment. I think that things will improve now that more women are in management and positions of power.

To me it seems that Kavanaugh was a decent person until he started drinking. The drinking was a big, big issue in my mind.

But not having children and being 64, I’ve decided not to get upset whatever happens with this nomination or this POTUS. I’ll vote and support people who fit my ideas of what is right and let the chips fall where they will. It is sad, however.

I am happy to travel, do fun things and help people when I can. That is my life. But I’m still a political nerd, too.

P.S. I’m a Democrat but in today’s environment Bill Clinton would not be elected. I did not vote for him for a second term, one of the few times I’ve voted GOP for president. Morality and civility matters.

Sorry to all for my political interests and comments on this forum. I know it is inappropriate. I’m not very frugal lately. Going back into my shell now.
I apologize too, I never get into political discussions and you are absolutely correct, morality and civility does matter. I got so blame mad because Bill Cosby was only given 3-10 years for the havoc that he has apparently caused in women's lives and got away with it for years. John F. Kennedy broke my heart with all of his infidelities and Clinton could have gone down in history as one of the best presidents we ever had, but sex got in his way too. It's been going on since the beginning of time and until TV and the internet we were kept in the dark. Nobody, man or woman has the right to mistreat others and I have had a couple of women boss's that were hell on wheels to work for. That's it for me, no more commenting! LOL

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Birthday LittleMiss

Today is the COD's birthday.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy belated Birthday Libby..

Happy birthday to the COD.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama