Daily check-in Sept 27, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily check-in Sept 27, 2018

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that all of your are having a wonderful day. I am doing my level best to keep a good attitude, but honestly all this rain is getting to me. It is pouring down here and the temperatures are in the low 60's, so a very Fallish day. I had heard the rain was suppose to move out yesterday, but whoever thought that didn't know what they were talking about.

I got several birthday coupons for free meals and will going today to enjoy one from Jersey Mike's Sub's. A free 6" sub and 22 oz drink. I will add a bag of potato chips to the meal for a $1.00 and enjoy. I think it's so nice of these restaurants to give us birthday treats.

Was in bed asleep by 9:00 last night and was awake and moving by 7:00 this morning. I should do that more often as I do get so much more accomplished during the day. It's my normal time to get up and all my to-do list is finished, so only fun things to occupy the rest of my day.

I don't have much news, so will go get my shower and when the rain lets up I will do errands. I have to get them done as surgery on my left eye is coming up Tuesday and I want to have groceries stocked and nothing pressing. My car tags are due the 30th, so that is one of my main goals today. Have a great day everyone.
rinty

Post by rinty »

TRying out another Pioneer Woman recipe, bring on the sodium !

I had a pack of Yellow Sticker chicken I want to turn into comfort food.

Sent a gazillion emails and had many calls re DS. Its on my mind every waking hour. He is drugged to the eyeballs again re pain. The doctor is listening this time.

However this means my attitude at work needs a change :shock: I am just so angry and irritable ( with the entire world !)

Paying bills and making arrangements re DHs 70th birthday party weekend , some niceness which is great.

DH has been playing with BRIO, the wooden trains set system. We have had it since 1990 and its been continually played with for many years. We have decided to downsize it as we have a TON and DS doesn't play with it as often. DH has got a board which he is painting green and today he was making layouts wihich we'll then fix to the board permanently. Easier for little hands to play with. So far I can't believe how much we still have left ! I'll either offer it on FACEBOOK or maybe a nursery, I'd be annoyed if someone collected it on FACEBOOK then sold it on KWIM ?

Went through all the Christmas gifts I have tucked away, a fairly good amount so that was a relief. I want all non immediate family stuff DONE asap. The Boots 3 for 2 chritsmas gift selection is up online and I have £28 in FREE gift vouchers to spend. I have my eye on some things, some Yankee Candle reed diffusers, some Laura Ashley ceramic cakeforks and some rather lovely make up brushes in rose gold. Nice to shop with FREE money.

The chicken is cooking away,once its cooked need to strip the meat from the bones and make a heavy sauce, bring it on.

Had a busy craft club session, again a nice distraction .
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Up early, have already been to the store for dad and everything unloaded and put away. Have potatoes frying to keep in the fridge for his breakfasts, he eats them every morning with eggs and toast.
Yesterday I had hawks attacking my chickens, one hen dead and now I have to keep letting off firecrackers or shooting off the shotgun, to scare them off. I strung up some netting and installed some aluminum foil and pans on the fences hoping to deter them.

It is cold and grey today, I don't have a lot of motivation....a nap this afternoon.
I need to run the vacuum and clean the kitchen. I also need to make a nice salad. I want to formulate a cranberry-mustard salad dressing....used to make one for the TeaRoom...need to remember how I made it. I am terrible about writing things down.
Off to do something,
Have a great afternoon all,
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

Happy Birthday, LittleMiss! Is your birthday today or another day this week?

Well political nerd that I am and have been my whole life, I’m glued to the Ford-Kavanaugh hearing. If my mom was alive, she would be watching, too - at least until a few years ago. Christine Ford is 100% credible and impressive but Kavanaugh still may make it onto the Supreme Court. (I’m still very unhappy that President Obama’s nominee, a moderate not a liberal Merrick Garland, was not even given the opportunity for a hearing or vote due to Mitch McConnell. I’ll never forgive him for that.) Whatever happens, I hope that women young and old have the courage to speak out.

My friends and I have often spoken, including this week, about how fortunate we were to work at a company that did not put up with any sexual harassment. There was one incident with a guy in our art department and he was fired.

I got a good roof estimate from the company yesterday and I’m meeting with another company Monday morning. So much for my neighbor doing the legwork!

I spoke with my insurance company to doublecheck that I don’t have to wait exactly a year to get my flu shot. So I plan on going tomorrow.

Back to watching the hearing. They are on their lunch break now.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I saw a picture of one of my grandsons handing out cookies to customers waiting on long lines due to computer glitch. The photo is on the Kens 5 website. Re the H-E-B computer glitch.

I was awake for quite a while during the night because of pain in my left pinky. I thought it was the arthritis but I think it may have been nerve pain as ice helped more then heat. The nerve that I think is the cause is the ulnar nerve. As he pain is along the path of this nerve.

I used ice packs during the night and I was finally able to fall asleep again. I have my nerve conduction study Tuesday morning. I then see my regular Dr on Oct 12 to discuss the results.

Today I need to try and catch up on a few things around my apartment. They are difficult to do when you hurt.

Not much else is new right now.

Penny
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Thursday morning all

Today, hubs and I go out to eat. We are going to the Golden Corral senior early bird for dinner. We don't go out to eat because hubs has to be so strict with his carbohydrates as a diabetic. However, it is our anniversary, so I don't want to cook.

I worked on the ditch culvert yesterday. One side seems lower than the other. I am having to dig down a lot to get the bottom of the culvert exposed. Well hopefully, I won't have to repeat this every year once I get it done. It rained last night, so I won't be ditch digging today. I will go back and work on the irrigation line on the south fence. I wanted to do laundry early, but the water softener was on and I am not supposed to make water demands while it is cycling. Oh well.

I seem to have a bit of a cold. I thought it was just dust from mowing, but it has been a couple of days and still a bit stuffy. So I will walk up to the fruit stand and get a lemon. Lemons are my go to cold stopper. I will also walk to the bank while I am near it and get a bit of cash. Running a bit low right now. I had a short walk with hubs this morning because the neighbor took her car into the shop early.