Daily Check In October 4, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 4, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off. Getting some coffee first.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 4, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up early this morning, I think it is because I am concerned about the roads for my shopping this morning. It froze overnight and I really detest driving on icy roads. People just drive way too crazy the first few days of a snowfall/melt/freeze pattern for my liking.

I need to send a text at some point today to let youngest DS know he should check the roads before he heads home, and perhaps waiting until tomorrow morning would be the smart thing to do. He sort of planned to come home tonight after he finished work. I am a bit worried about him driving icy highways at night. We shall see what today brings.

Frugally speaking I have made my grocery, paper products, pet food, and OTC drug list and will be sticking to it. I did find a couple of coupons for one of the OTC items and one of the paper products so I will be using those. I wish I could have found a couple more, but will use what I have.

I have decided that I will just buy the DSs cards for their birthday, and put some cash in them. Right now they never gave me any hints at what they want or need so this seems the best solution. Now just to find some less expensive cards without having to drive all over the city (the dollar stores are no where near where I plan on going today).

Then it will be back home, scan my items, put them away and get started on a few more of those pesky daily chore things.

The afternoon will be spent making a couple of pumpkin pies and doing some more hand quilting on the quilt.

Supper this evening will be using up all the leftovers in the fridge...That is unless Hubby has snacked on them all lol.

Today I am grateful that no more snow fell over night.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ....

Some thunderstorms very early this morning ... still raining out there.

Jackie, re cards: some of the drugstores here carry the inexpensive line of Hallmark cards. Once in a great while I see something at JoAnn's or Michaels.

Had to hustle the trash out this morning. After some breakfast, need to set up an appointment or two, then get the pork butt in the oven for tonight's dinner.

The cats have their annual visit to the vet tomorrow. I've been putting off the vet's office ... they wanted to schedule a recheck for Big Boy, plus an annual visit. It's a bit easier on the wallet if I can combine these visits.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

No appointments scheduled until Oct 11 when GE is supposed to come fix my dishwasher. The rinse aid dispenser isn’t working. The rest of the month is one appointment each week.

I did one load of laundry this morning. The load is in the dryer.

I have to sort and the contents of bins. I am sure about half could be pitched. The rest needs to be sorted and put away.

Penny

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Thursday morning all,

Still no kitty. So likely, we will never see her again. It feels odd to have the additional free time in the morning, no food to get out or cat dishes to clean. Well, life is that way.

Today, I will head down to the big Walmart. I buy softener salt there and it will be good to not have that facing me when I leave or get back. Usually a couple of 40lb sacks are good for about 6 weeks.

I consider the hard digging on the ditch finished. Maybe a bit of tidy up and a little work on the other side to make it even, but easy now. The front irrigation line has been pushed up by the roots on a papaya. I need to see how I can deal with that today. I am still planting plants along the fence line, so I will likely not finish that irrigation line today.

Both hubs and I have been affected by the high dust levels here right now. Sneezing and congestion. If it is not one thing, it is another.

Old dance partner has finally put on his thinking cap. He asked me about the acupuncture and chiropractor I had there. I got got relief from alternate medicine. His daughter has no money or job etc. and even he can't pay for back surgery out of pocket. But my neighbor who has back problems found relief with acupuncture. I am so glad that I taught my children adulting. If you love your children, you teach them to be an adult. That to me is real love.

Normal frugal around here. I intend to put up some window curtains when I get back. I didn't want to mess with the windows until they were installed. The final bit of installation happened yesterday. I saw a country style that I liked, a bit different than usual. That is what I want to make. I pulled a picture of it off the internet and have it in my photo section. Well, cold weather will be here soon enough and I will have somethings to do when it is cold.

Today, I am grateful that I am able to be physically active. Have a good day all.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Working form home today as there was a water main break in the front of the office building last night and there is a water boil advisory. So the boss said WFH.

I got a lot of stuff put away last night, but my living room looks awful. I still have not found my pepper grinder nor my salt cellar/box. I will keep digging. I have a pile of stuff to donate and a pile to put in the garage. My clothing is mostly unpacked. I ran out of room in the small closet in my bedroom for my blazers. So they, along with my dresses and some other infrequently worn clothing will stay in the big closet in the other bedroom known as Alex's (DS)/Michael's(DGS)/Office/Sewing room. LOL.

Tonight I will attend a Divorce Ministry at the local Church.

Have a great day,
Maggie