Daily Check In October 4, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In October 4, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Are you leaving food and water out for her just in case she is out there and gets hungry?

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Warm overcast day here in south texas

Have showered and washed my hair. Getting ready to go eat and then go get a pedicure. I haven't had one in a while but want to be able to wear open toe shoes for our little event. Toes look bad - :lol:

Then go out and buy more things for our event.

I am too nice and got stuck with this thing. Sure others work, but it wasn't my idea to have this. After this weekend, i am taking a week off and relaxing.

Have a great day all

NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning,

Been having several days of bright sunny weather here in the valley. This is very unusual for this time of year. The temps do get chilly during the night so sleeping with the window slightly open in our bedroom is a no-go unless you wish to wake up as a popcicle in the morning, lol. I keep telling myself it is an Indian Summer but we really need the rain as it was a dry, dry summer. Then I read about some of you across the nation dealing with thunderstorms and ice already and I am left scratching my head. The weather patterns seem off the rails this year.

Ran some errands yesterday while DH went up to the woods with the dog and a Jeeping buddy and his little girl. They all had a good time and the weather up there was beautiful and I really enjoyed my "alone time" puttering around the house and having the place to myself. I baked a whole chicken on the Traeger and fixed up some scalloped potatoes and had myself a little feast. Hubby was ravenous when he got home so he was happy to dive into a chicken leg and thigh and some potatoes. I fixed him a sandwich from some of the chicken for his lunch and I will pull the meat from the carcass and cook down the bones for a chicken stew I want to make later in the week. Frugal food fixings!

DH and I were suspicious that DSD's boyfriend wasn't working; he seemed to be up during the day when he should have been sleeping and the car didn't seem to go anywhere at night when he should have been at work. He was supposedly hired as a night stock clerk at a local Walmart. DH inquired to daughter if boyfriend was working and she would stick with the claim he was working. I told DH she is defending him and to back off and that we knew otherwise. Both Hubby and I have had total losers in both our lives in the past that wouldn't/couldn't hold a job and we know what the signs are when one is not working. Sooooo, DSD's cell phone got shut off. DSD tells us to message her thru FB as she said money is tight and she "really didn't need a cell phone anyway". Does anyone know of a 21 year old girl who doesn't "need" a smartphone? :roll: I told DH that she is the one who is working and forced to pay the bills, including the rent on the stupid 72 inch flat screen and boyfriend isn't contributing a dime (because we know he isn't working) and now DSD is feeling the financial pinch. DSD finally fessed up to her Dad last night that boyfriend is using the employee app to clock in for work.....but not actually going to work. I guess Walmart uses an app on your phone to clock in and out. Or so we are told. Anywho, this has been going on for weeks and boyfriend must be so dumb to think that his employer won't notice him not on the job and boyfriend somehow thinks that he will still get paid. And he hasn't gotten paid that she can see. Oh brother. I smell a load of cr@p. Walmart cannot be this lame to think employees won't do this. I think this is a big old story told by the boyfriend. Supposedly he really went to work last night. DSD's car (because boyfriends is broken down) was gone at 7:45 pm which is not the time he would have worked and when I got up at 3:45 am last night to use the restroom I looked out the window and noticed the car was there. He originally told us he worked from 10 pm to 7 am and nothing he says matches what we actually see. Sigh :| . DH and I talked about it as he was eating dinner last night; we are going to keep silent because DSD needs to learn this painful lesson all on her own. He and I shared stories of what we went though with former mates in our own lives that wouldn't fly right or do the right thing or caused unnecessary financial chaos in our lives at that time. DSD needs to crash and burn on her own and get to the point where she gets sick and tired of the situation and kicks things into gear either by tossing boyfriend out or returning that 72 inch TV and console back to the rent-to-own place or something. Those two need to own their own bad decisions because it is the only way you learn. Period. I know this was a little long-winded but it was too good not to share with you all ;) .

Well, I am going to make some spaghetti before I have to go to work later this morning and pull the meat from the bones of the chicken and toss the bones in the freezer for now so I can pull it out and boil it down when I have more time later in the week. I have kept the heat off so far and I am sticking with my budgets and focusing on the frugal. Oh, and I am grateful for my humble house, my paid for car with 133,000 miles on it, my wonderful husband, both of our stable jobs and our good health. I am going to focus on gratitude for all my blessings as it keeps me grounded. Wishing you a wonderful frugal day.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

NoisyPorkchop wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 am

DH and I were suspicious that DSD's boyfriend wasn't working; he seemed to be up during the day when he should have been sleeping and the car didn't seem to go anywhere at night when he should have been at work. He was supposedly hired as a night stock clerk at a local Walmart. DH inquired to daughter if boyfriend was working and she would stick with the claim he was working. I told DH she is defending him and to back off and that we knew otherwise. Both Hubby and I have had total losers in both our lives in the past that wouldn't/couldn't hold a job and we know what the signs are when one is not working. Sooooo, DSD's cell phone got shut off. DSD tells us to message her thru FB as she said money is tight and she "really didn't need a cell phone anyway". Does anyone know of a 21 year old girl who doesn't "need" a smartphone? :roll: I told DH that she is the one who is working and forced to pay the bills, including the rent on the stupid 72 inch flat screen and boyfriend isn't contributing a dime (because we know he isn't working) and now DSD is feeling the financial pinch. DSD finally fessed up to her Dad last night that boyfriend is using the employee app to clock in for work.....but not actually going to work. I guess Walmart uses an app on your phone to clock in and out. Or so we are told. Anywho, this has been going on for weeks and boyfriend must be so dumb to think that his employer won't notice him not on the job and boyfriend somehow thinks that he will still get paid. And he hasn't gotten paid that she can see. Oh brother. I smell a load of cr@p. Walmart cannot be this lame to think employees won't do this. I think this is a big old story told by the boyfriend. Supposedly he really went to work last night. DSD's car (because boyfriends is broken down) was gone at 7:45 pm which is not the time he would have worked and when I got up at 3:45 am last night to use the restroom I looked out the window and noticed the car was there. He originally told us he worked from 10 pm to 7 am and nothing he says matches what we actually see. Sigh :| . DH and I talked about it as he was eating dinner last night; we are going to keep silent because DSD needs to learn this painful lesson all on her own. He and I shared stories of what we went though with former mates in our own lives that wouldn't fly right or do the right thing or caused unnecessary financial chaos in our lives at that time. DSD needs to crash and burn on her own and get to the point where she gets sick and tired of the situation and kicks things into gear either by tossing boyfriend out or returning that 72 inch TV and console back to the rent-to-own place or something. Those two need to own their own bad decisions because it is the only way you learn. Period. I know this was a little long-winded but it was too good not to share with you all ;) .
Noisyporkchop, the young man hasn't thought about the fact that he could possibly land in jail for fraud. WalMart is to smart a company to not have safeguards in place to know whether they are on the job after they clock in. They have to learn on their own, but it sure isn't easy to stand by and watch is it?

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

I have been cleaning all morning and just sat down to take a break and catch up on the forum. I plan to have a no spend, no drive day today. The weather has cleared up. We had quite the wind storm and rain last night! Our neighbour's boulevard tree which had a very large limb crash to the ground. It obstructs half of the street but since it is on city property, it is their responsibility to clean up the mess. I wonder how long that will take!

I plan to go for a walk shortly just to get some exercise in. I always feel better mentally whenever I go for a walk. I am a bit anxious to do some more travelling so whenever I feel like that, I always clean the house to make it as inviting and welcoming as possible. Always good to keep things organized. If I feel ambitious I may empty out some of my flower pots. Sadly the frost has gotten the best of the flowers by now.

Creative

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

A beautiful fall day in my part of the world and the sun looks so good. If it stays this way hopefully I can get a lot of things accomplished outside that I want to do today.

I just enjoyed a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs and milk. I have had to stop taking calcium because of a kidney problem and have been worried that it would affect my bones. However, my bone scan came back with no change from two years ago, so that is wonderful news. I will continue getting my calcium through my dairy intake.

I have some errands to run today and need to make a run to the post office to mail Mr. B's jacket that he left in my car by mistake. With my traveling the next couple of months with other friends I want get to see him and he will need his jacket for cool days.

The eye is feeling good today and clearing up nicely. It is just so wonderful to be able to see so clearly again. I do see dirt I've been missing so as soon as I can bend over and really clean the house is going to undergo a real white glove treatment. LOL

They still haven't caught the lunatic in our area and praying for the safety of the all the people who are on the manhunt for him. They claim they have him cornered, but he's been very elusive so far. I thought now that if anyone was using their cellphones that they could pretty well pinpoint their location from the towers. Law enforcement believe he's getting help from someone else and I would think if you are in the woods you would have to be using your cell. I believe he will shoot his way out or commit suicide. Pray he hurts himself and not others.

DG, I hope you kitty cat comes back home. Unless, someone has taken it or she's gone off and died somewhere usually an animal will find their way back home, especially a cat.

Clem, you have got to learn how to say that bad word. NO

Ok off to see what I can accomplish today and hope all of you have a wonderful day as well.