Daily Check in Oct 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 8, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

This afternoon I will be speaking at the high school for their "tech day". DS2 said I was in the year book for last year's event. It is sort of a career day for techies. They will provide lunch.

Have a great day,
Maggie

LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Oct 8, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Another warm day expected here, then the temperatures are supposed to drop.

Maggie, you're famous, eh? Good on you for doing this for the kids.

Jackie, hope your boys have/had a safe trip back ...

Cleaned out the dead zucchini and some of the dead cucumber vines yesterday. (Found another 4-5 cucumbers that had been hiding, LOL) Looks like the beans are done for, too, so plan to clean those out in the next day or two.

Need to run a couple of errands today, then onto the chore list.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Sort of overcast today. It rained yesterday. More strange weather. There was even a tornado warning southwest of us. And it looks like that part had lots more rain and some flooding. It is cooler today.

Today is laundry day but also meeting with classmates for lunch.

One is the catfish and the other one wants to do an intervention. I'm not really gung-ho about it, but will see what happens. I figure if that is what she wants, oh well. She did kind of just barely say anything when i asked about the guy that sent the ring. Maybe she came to her senses about that one. I mean, if you have a ring and a marriage proposal, wouldn't you be excited about it? Now the local one that i think is married, told her when he is done with shchool they will look for a place together. Ok. Maybe i am wrong about that one? Who knows.

The other one is still with the guy that she was going to leave. Whatever. One thing that this has brought into my life is constant long phone calls. Sheesh - i am not a talker. I don't know what to say to these people. I don't have kids. These ladies also seem to be helping out their kids to some extent. I'm just a person with lots of animals - :o

Their dramatic lives would make a good movie.

Have a great day all

Oh and i liked A Star is Born. But Bradley Cooper needs to wash his hair and they both gave good performances, but they just didnt' click together. If that is possible.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I have to call the office this morning to tell them, that I think the water the maintenance man turned off was actually for the ice maker, not the dishwasher. Beverly called last night to see if I could give her some bread. I asked her for some ice.

A few months ago her ice maker kept stopping working. So I gave her some ice. I had been thinking of simply asking for my ice back.

When I woke up this morning I put the quilt into the washer, I have it in the dryer now. We are expecting rain today so I will have to walk in the building. Most of the rain now is to the west of San Antonio.

Penny

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Between a new antivirus, and a new improved ad block things are looking up on my computer as far as visiting and posting on certain sites. Let's see how well it works here.

The DSs head back home today, pretty sure the house will more or less be ours for an hour before we head up to the city for the football game. I really wanted to sit this one out, but it is an afternoon game and we shouldn't freeze to death in the stands. I am however dressing warm and bringing a blanket with us. We will pick up youngest DS and drag him with us.

As you can guess this will not be a no spend day, but since Saturday and Sunday were I have now reached 6 no spend days.

Pantry use it ups were eggs, onions, a loaf of bread (well almost 2 loafs), most if not all the salad fixings (do have some Romaine left for a salad later on this week), potatoes, and a box of cereal. Not so much gone in the meat department, though I did rid the freezer of some pork chops on Friday.

Right now I am not so impressed with the slow cook function on the Instant Pot. I will however give it another try very soon. Perhaps there is a trick to using that function which I do not know about.....

Youngest DS added the new antivirus, and ad blocker upgrade to the computer. He also fixed the printer so it scans and copies again. I was a bit worried I would have to buy and set up another one (mind you considering the cost of ink!!).

He also go my android box running properly once again. Now hopefully all the electronics last until his next trip home.

Supper tonight will be out if we go to the football game. Nothing heavy as we have partaken of some pretty heavy meals over the last few days (must feed the boys).

Today I am grateful that we had this chance to reconnect and recharge.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I hope this site doesn't shut down.

Y'all are my main venting buddies. What would I do without y'all. We've been together easily for more than ten years!!