Daily Check in Oct 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Oct 8, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:57 am
I hope this site doesn't shut down.

Y'all are my main venting buddies. What would I do without y'all. We've been together easily for more than ten years!!
Why would it shut down? I don't know of any talk about that happening. Rest assured we will be here to vent and just talk for a very long time.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

October seems to have been an endless month of rain and wind in our area so far. Today unfortunately is no different. I'm glad I took some time yesterday to clear out my flower pots and cut down some perenniels when we had a short break in the rain.

Today I have very little cooking to do as we had our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. So tonight will just need to heat and serve. I like having a break from cooking once in a while!

Nothing very exciting happening around here. Dh and I did our stair climbing exercises this morning and I do feel better. Simply running up the stairs and walking down. We do two flights of stairs at a time and it is pretty effective interval training in my opinion. I did some weights afterwards while watching "Long Lost Family" in the basement. Before lunch I went on a decluttering mission and managed to discard some papers sitting on our bedroom dresser. Old hotel receipts, health information, and I even shred up an old bank card as I no longer have any investment accounts there. You have to work continually to simplify your life.

Have a great day everyone!
Creative

AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Hello All

Thanksgiving Day here. Went to my sister's for turkey and all the trimmings yesterday.Brought enough leftovers home for dinner tonight.

I've just been puttering around the apartment today doing bits and bobs of chores. Wanted to do laundry but the water has been shut off to the machines all weekend and of course the supers are away. Not too impressed with the new owners of our building

I'm going out in a few minutes to meet my friend at the theatre where we will see the Wife

Its been cool and cloudy all weekend but of course tomorrow, when everybody has to go back to school and work, it's to turn sunny and hot. C'est la vie.

Take care,
AnneX

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Beautiful, beautiful day in my little world. It could stay exactly like this year-round to suit me. I would probably be complaining that it wasn't cold enough or we hadn't gotten any rain if it did, wouldn't I? :lol:

Anyway, it's lovely and I am going to enjoy it while I can. I have several things to do today, but none of it is really pressing. I worked in the yard last week so this week can concentrate on the inside. I have all my fall vignette's in place and I am so happy with them. I added some new stuff to my collection this year and they will carry me through November. I went by Big Lots after church yesterday and they have some of the cutest things at reasonable prices. Much better priced than Hobby Lobby at 40% off.

I am going to make a Dollar Tree Store visit today as I have things that I need to pick up for the Hilton Head trip and I want to get some fallish stuff before the selections are completely picked over.

I am also thinking of doing a WalMart grocery shop as I have to use my $10.00 off coupon before the end of the month. I will be gone the last week of the month so I don't want to lose out on that.

Clem, tell your friend what you know and then if she doesn't respond you have done all you can do. Loneliness is a terrible thing, but it's not nearly as bad as how terrible things can be if we make a bad decision. I like excitement in my life that is good, but I don't do drama well. It's taken me almost 5 years to learn to how to cope with living by myself, but now that I've learned it's not bad at all. Time does help with many things that we think are crisis's. I love Bradley Cooper and I hate to hear that he needed his hair washed, but I am sure that he trying to look like the character he was playing, Jackson Maine. Sam Elliot, is my heart throb so I definitely want to see the movie.

Maggie, good for you on your speaking engagement. I know you will be great.

Kitty, can't believe that lightning hit you again. Can you put something on your house like a lightning rod to divert it into the ground. That is scary.

Have I just missed postings from FloridaCat,don't recall seeing her in the past few days, hope she's ok.

Jackie glad you got to have your boys home for Thanksgiving and enjoy your ballgame tonight.

Ok, off to get my day in full swing, everyone have a good one.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LittleMiss - I did get to see the ring.

Flimsy little thing - well the "diamond" was huge, but not real. I searched Amazon and found one like that and it sells for 10 bucks.

now she says the local one wants them to get a place together sometime down the road. I asked about the marriage proposal from ring guy - and she just kind of said that she would keep him in the background. I believe she is starting to open her eyes? Maybe?

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:27 pm
LittleMiss - I did get to see the ring.

Flimsy little thing - well the "diamond" was huge, but not real. I searched Amazon and found one like that and it sells for 10 bucks.

now she says the local one wants them to get a place together sometime down the road. I asked about the marriage proposal from ring guy - and she just kind of said that she would keep him in the background. I believe she is starting to open her eyes? Maybe?
Is she just looking for someone to live with or does she want a long-term commitment? I don't want to just live with someone for the sake of not being lonely, but to be committed to each other and that would involve marriage for me or at least to know the guy wanted marriage too.

Single life really looks better to me everyday. I can do exactly what I want to do and I don't have to ask anyone if it's ok with them. Sleep or eat when I want, go when I want to or stay at home. It's not the perfect situation and I have a lot of spare time on my hands not having to take care of anyone else. I do miss that, as I am a giver.

I figured the ring was a fake, nobody sends someone they have never met in their lives a real expensive gift.