Update on my CRAZY life...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Update on my CRAZY life...

Post by LogicsHere »

Nice to see you back. I'm not on all that often either.

Sorry you're life is so full of drama and that your BIL is being such a jerk.

Hope to see more of you online. I will be trying to post more also as I'm trying to stay away from all the news that upset me too much.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

BevMoore wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:24 pm Hi Frugalmom! I have missed you! I am also on the Tightwad Gazette Fan Page on FB. Look me up! My name is same as what I use here and my profile pic is a frog waving hello.

Bev (Beverley) Moore
Omg having a hard time remembering my passwords still-takes me awhile to get in here! Sheesh! I am looking where I put most of my passwords and there are so many things that need a password! Anyways at least I finally got on!

I love the Tightwad Gazette fan page but I just deleted my facebook bc spending too much of any free time on there so I like to be productive and usually crazy busy so my downtime I want to be free of distractions and social media and be more present in the now and with family. Lol we will see how long that will last,but kind of disconnecting from social media. I only had it for a few months but then I am thinking a lot of it is like people's problems and wanting advice,etc. I was thinking have enough to deal with on my own stuff so I do not want to be stressed and worried about other people I don't even know lol!

Or like people you know telling you to share or repost this like a chain letter kind of thing and I feel guilty when they say if you are a true friend you will post this like about depression and seems a lot of people out there have anxiety and depression. And when you post it and share it,the post makes it seem like you are the one depressed or something-silly to me. I even commented if you are depressed call a friend and talk and not post it on social media. I think we need face to face human connections if we can too. So it took me a long ti,me just to get on fb and it was so hard for me to delete it-took me like an hour! It would not let me delete maybe bc cell and finally went on my laptop and it took(have to wait a certain amount of time though). Yes, the only social media I have is pinterest to get ideas and read and this site. I have no other ones-oh IG just to have one but I only had my original few pics of family and they are the only ones on there.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

FrugalMom, I am like you I just couldn't handle Facebook. I wanted to try it since my kids and grandkids are so into it and I could communicate with them, but all the family and friend drama was to much for me. My sister-in-law for instance is sugar, cream and all that is nice on facebook, but she is a living witch in real life and I got tired of listening to her falsehoods. She needs to tell it to someone who doesn't know the real "person". If she was half as nice as she pretends to be all the people in her family would be thrilled. She is a drama queen and why my brother isn't completely crazy is beyond my comprehension. I have figured out that he's just to lazy to move out and start over. I love him with all my heart, but I have stopped feeling sorry for him if he's not going to do something. I couldn't live with her she is so toxic. He works long long hours and I can understand why.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

for people you don't want to "see" on facebook, you just unfollow. Still be "friends" but just never see any of their posts.

I have lots of people unfollowed cuz they are just nuts :P

But i don't want to appear rude and unfriend. Isn't that crazy

I just post about dogs so i probably get on peoples nerves too - :shock:
nbeaver

Post by nbeaver »

I am the same way, Clem. I enjoy facebook because of the people I get to keep in touch with, but I have "unfollowed" several whose posts consistently bothered me, and it makes it much more enjoyable.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

nbeaver wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:26 pm I am the same way, Clem. I enjoy facebook because of the people I get to keep in touch with, but I have "unfollowed" several whose posts consistently bothered me, and it makes it much more enjoyable.
yes - you are in control of what you see on there.