Update on my CRAZY life...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Update on my CRAZY life...

Post by frugalmom »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:20 am Glad you stopped in and gave us an update. Thoughts to you.
Thank you-stay safe in Florida! :D
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:53 pm
frugalmom wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:32 amOh and a week and a half ago I got hit by a drunk driver! He kept dropping his keys,pant's zipper unzipped,no shirt
What's with the no shirt thing? I took DH to the ER a couple months ago in the outrageous hours of the morning when most people are asleep, there were only 3 sets of people in the huge waiting room and one guy - shorts with the fly undone (thank goodness for the button), no shirt, no socks, no shoes, looked like he hadn't combed his hair in a week...

He hit me up for change for the vending machine. He was obviously strung out. I told him, sorry, the only thing I have with me are my ID and my insurance card. He said, "You don't have ANY change?" I told him, it's 2:30 in the morning, I wasn't really planning on stopping by the ER for a snack, I'm here because of an emergency.

He said, "Oh."

I overheard the nurse making sure she took the right person back - name, DOB... then did the math, that child was 24 years old. He looked older than me even when I'm not wearing any makeup. Trust me, that's not a great sight.

But what on earth are people doing running around shirtless? Maybe in CA, near the beach that's normal? There's no beach in Tulsa.

I think the world of you dear, but if my husband asked me to keep doing ANYTHING for someone of the same nature as your brother-in-law, even to so much as allow him in my house, the both of them would find themselves outside with the door locked firmly behind them.

I might give DH ONE chance to think it all the way through. After that? All bets are off.

But that might be why I'm on my 2nd marriage, I have a reeeally low tolerance for being treated like a 2nd class citizen.
Yeah,I am trying to be a bigger and better person and forgive as I felt God was telling me in my prayer group, I did give him a piece of my mind before I got that message lol! But I am working on forgiving and keeping peace in the family....he is going back to traveling soon so won't be long before he is gone....just want peace. I rather deal with his bills and stuff then HIM-lol-I am sooo bad...lol...forgive and let go....
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Oh thank goodness the jackhammering stopped-whew! Was wondering who would be doing that so late at night -I am going to hit the bed early then so I can fall asleep fast before it may come back! Good night all!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Please forgive me if this is inappropriate. But forgiveness for past events is one thing. Allowing the behavior to continue is a different thing. Forgive him for what is in the past. But make sure he knows that if it happens again he will not get your help and that your husband knows the same thing. Forgiving is not enabling future behavior, even from family for Pete's sake.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:38 pm Please forgive me if this is inappropriate. But forgiveness for past events is one thing. Allowing the behavior to continue is a different thing. Forgive him for what is in the past. But make sure he knows that if it happens again he will not get your help and that your husband knows the same thing. Forgiving is not enabling future behavior, even from family for Pete's sake.
Two thumbs up!
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Hi Frugalmom! I have missed you! I am also on the Tightwad Gazette Fan Page on FB. Look me up! My name is same as what I use here and my profile pic is a frog waving hello.

Bev (Beverley) Moore