Update on my CRAZY life...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Update on my CRAZY life...

Post by frugalmom »

Lol-FINALLY I figured out my password and user name! Sheesh-I was looking everywhere and figuring out username-used to be frugalmomof5 so was doing that name. I don't even remember changing it or why I changed it to FrugalMom! Lol-like MY title...got you all in here to read-lol!;)

OK my son got married! Whew! Kind of anti-climax after waiting like two years for
this to be done! I ended up trying on umpteen(at least 10-12-maybe more) dresses and ended up with a deep emerald green dress kind of Great Gatsby style with beads. It was like sigh the best I could do after trying on so many,then I went to a seamstress who designed dresses before and she picked my shoulders up to kind of make the curved designs above my breasts like Jessica Rabbit character where that dress hits above the breasts-well the designs did that and what a difference it made and looks like it lifted up my breasts and she brought in the sides to show a waist. Well, it went from matronly to va va voom as best as it could! Even my mom who never has something nice to say,approved! Then I did my makeup as my dd's friend came over to do it(she is a professional) and I passed by the mirror and did not recognize myself! Wow! Everyone told me you must have it done professionally-lol-guess I must look like a hag normally-sheesh if it was that noticeable. She would tell me if you cry, to PAT and dab and NOT rub! I was like trying NOT to cry at all-but as soon as the bride walked down the aisle I am already bawling when they are playing the Twilight song "1000 Years". Oh and my speech -bawling at that one too talking about how proud I am of my son and how he has found such a good life partner to share his life with!

The bride was layered with gold and jewelry from her family-traditionally supposed to give thousands of dollars of jewelry which I did not have. So gave her a simple diamond earrings from Costco that she could wear everyday type which I knew she liked bc my son asked her which she liked if he was to give her a gift (they were to exchange gifts too). He does tell me she wears it everyday so I am glad she liked it bc after seeing all that gold layered on her, I kind of felt mine was puny next to all that, but it was what I could afford (still pricey for me even I thought!). I have never even bought myself jewelry for that much!

My bil came back and paid me back, but he has changed quite a bit! He used to be a good guy, but after the divorce he changed and going to another country and the women are throwing themselves at him to get married(they want a green card and telling him he looks 45 yo getting to his head-he is in his 60s but young 20 year olds are wanting him now). So the very first day, he said he would try to get a ride from his son or uber-of course,son not talking to him and did not answer his call(the one that got a DUI). Don't know why he did not get UBER but called me and had to cancel two appts to pick him up from the airport over an hour away and arrange carpool for my son since had to pick him up. During the car ride he was telling my husband how good it is over there and to DUMP his wife and kids and come live over there with him! :shock: He was serious and says who needs F------ family,etc. Oh he made me so upset, and I am emotional type and very sensitive so I quietly cried in the back as he is telling dh all this who told him not to say these things. Bil was driving my car and when he found out I was crying quietly he made fun of me mocking me that I was crying and when we dropped him off his house he mocked me again and then told my other bil and his wife at the restaurant oh she was bawling and making crying noises! THEN at the wedding itself,HE went up to my dd;s coworkers(and luckily good friends) and propositioned them to have a threesome with them(they were lesbians)! My dd was so mad and embarrassed and NO he does not drink so he was not even drunk! THEN I found out later he complained about the wedding bc we did not invite HIS friends that he invited himself over(bc tight budget and her mom paid for dinner),the food and telling the coworkers and hopefully not the boss(we don't know if he said anything to her bc they were at the same table and Idk if he knew who they were but they told my son later there was this weird guy and what he said!). He would say how my son is soooo spoiled and all this bad stuff about him. Idk what he was doing or if he was upset bc he screwed up his own life and his own son does not talk to him so bringing my son down. Oh I yelled at him when I found that out how dare him! And he still has the audacity to want me to take care of his finances and rental property bc he has no one else he trusts-hah! My dh still wants me to do it but I am fuming! I told him I NEVER said anything about his son to others (except telling you guys in general bc you do not know him-and only you all) or him and I told my dh I never made fun of him when he was crying over the divorce but showed him compassion and felt bad for him! I told him just do NOT ever say anything bad about my children to anyone! He never said sorry or anything and when I confronted him about propositioning the lesbian couple bc he said he was just asking them to dance and I told him what I heard and he said yeah I wanted to bang them! :shock: I gave him a piece of my mind! Idk what happened to him but he has become a pervert since single-sheesh!

Oh and a week and a half ago I got hit by a drunk driver! He kept dropping his keys,pant's zipper unzipped,no shirt,no license(professional driver too so type A license!),no insurance or registration. He was lucky he did not kill someone since he just got off the freeway! And he kept saying sorry his insurance will take care of everything and my dh felt sorry for him bc he will lose his license and job if her gets a DUI. I discreetly called the police and they did the test and hauled him away. The next couple of days when they finally reached him he said he was never arrested and it was MY fault and I hit him! Good thing I got him on video and I got confused thinking well maybe our police dept let him go at the station or something? But when I went to get the police report(not ready yet)they said it was a crime report and I said no a traffic accident and he said no it is a DUI so must be charged? So finally after a week they took liability after interviews (even without dui report yet). Whew-got me worried and I thought I would lose my car if they totaled it out. Now they are fixing it and the injuries I used to have that lasted for about 3 years straight in pain everyday well I think that flared up bc that night I felt it all and still in pain everyday! So I hope it simmers down bc I do not want to go through all that again! Dr says it may be flare up but if it lasts longer than a few weeks it may be another slipped disc(esp since I have numbness,tingling and pin pricks sensations again on my arms and fingers and elbow even)! Oh great-sheesh! I really am hoping it goes away!

Then WC for dh denied any further treatment for him bc they said he was improving but not enough so basically giving up on him. :( They left us in limbo right now so we do not know what to do as we do not have a dr anymore since they were denied(neuro rehab type of place). We are just going to retire out bc dh is eligible and fed up with all this,but he is sad. His coworker just got into an accident too on the bus and we just heard he died. :(

So up to speed with my life...at least the basics.Oh I joined a prayer group where moms pray for schools and kids and teachers but we also praise God. It gives me peace at least among the chaos I live in. Recently we prayed for a young boy who had a brain aneurysm and went through two surgeries and by miracle of God it was successful and he was able to sit up,move his limbs,etc and parents felt that it was our prayers and God that provided his miracle bc he was apparently badly off and it was touch and go. So glad we could help in some small way to give comfort and prayer to others.

Miss you all! BTW did break down and get a new computer. I really have not used it much though yet!
clemencia2us

Re: Update on my CRAZY life...

Post by clemencia2us »

I was just thinking about you last night!

I am so glad that you checked in.

What adventures you have had.

And what the hell is wrong with your BIL?

But congratulations to your son. I bet you looked great.

Take care

I'll add you to our prayer group list. I go once a week.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Glad to see this post from you EM. Your life sure has been crazy. Hope to see more from you now that you have figured out your password and name.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I love hearing from you, I've been thinking of you.

I am sorry for the troubles, but the wedding sounds wonderful, forget your BIL and remember the good.

and STOP taking care of his stuff, unless he is paying yu very well, you should be getting 10% of the rents. (really) look it up.

But I think that I would let him figure it out for himself, you don't need him in your life, or your families life.

IC
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I have missed you too, Ellen Marie. Forget that crazy brother-in-law. Like IC said, if he's not paying you for managing his property he's really taking advantage of your giving heart.

The wedding sounds beautiful and I know you were stunning. So sorry to hear about your wreck, bless your heart it's time so good luck came your way.

Don't stay away so long, write that users name and password down in an easy place for you to find. LOL That's what we all have to do when the memory starts going.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Glad you stopped in and gave us an update. Thoughts to you.