Daily Check-in, Friday, Oct. 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check-in, Friday, Oct. 12, 2018

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:29 pm wow - congrats that you won for best costume LittleMiss!

And you didn't want to participate. congratulations again.

My sister meets with a group that dresses up ala Downtown Abby. They love the whole bit.
Thank you and isn't that the craziest thing you ever heard of? It was definitely doing the makeup on the face and I also painted my fingernails black and did half with a red glitter. So many of them chew their nails off and they don't have any nails. They are blown away that my fingernails are real and not false. LOL Outlined my lips in black using an eyebrow pencil and then filled it in with a deep red glossy lipstick. I had to go by the bank and make a deposit afterwards and didn't stop to think about being all made up and my teller had everybody at the window checking me out. I did cause a stir. LOL When you are old you can get away with this stuff.
rinty

Post by rinty »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 pm
rinty wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:54 pm ;) AAAAAAnd the post sucked into the vortex of pop ups..............AGAIN.

I'll try again as I'm so pleased with the yellow stickers today.

12 sausages ....25p
leeks, kale ans some other green veg beautifully cut and prepared ......10p

Ditto another slightly differtn one also...........10p

have that tomorrow with gammon steaks, om, nom , nom

Best buy, 3 packs of fish sushi ( smoked salmon, prawn ) ........10p

BOO to the YAH.

So that's was Date Night sorted. Dinner ( sushi ) and a movie FREE TICKETS so we saw First Man ( very disappointing ) for a total of 30p. What a cheap date we are ;)
Rinty glad you were able to post your fabulous food finds. Wish we could get something like that around here.. You were a really Frugal gal today with dinner and a date costing so little.. you go girl..Good to see you are enjoyment and some good things going for you with what you have been going through lately. Janet Alliesmama

Thanks Janet, you are a real inspiration the way you stay positive with your health and the other things life throws at you..............for the most part I am NOT positive but can only post so many GLOOM , DOOM posts about DS. Suffice to say its getting worse, I am frustrated that I cannot prioritise anyone else in the family while this minefield explodes around us. We needed that date night but most of the time I don't know how the family put up with me. Weekly more STUFF is hurled at us, orSTUFF which had been dealt with is over-ruled and thrown back at us, The social worker is part time and she ALWAYS makes a point of sending us this stuff on a WEdnesday ..................so we have to cope with t til the following Monday as no one else " can" deal with it.

This Wednesdays stuff tipped me RIGHT over the edge.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 pm
rinty wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:54 pm ;) AAAAAAnd the post sucked into the vortex of pop ups..............AGAIN.

I'll try again as I'm so pleased with the yellow stickers today.

12 sausages ....25p
leeks, kale ans some other green veg beautifully cut and prepared ......10p

Ditto another slightly differtn one also...........10p

have that tomorrow with gammon steaks, om, nom , nom

Best buy, 3 packs of fish sushi ( smoked salmon, prawn ) ........10p

BOO to the YAH.

So that's was Date Night sorted. Dinner ( sushi ) and a movie FREE TICKETS so we saw First Man ( very disappointing ) for a total of 30p. What a cheap date we are ;)
Rinty glad you were able to post your fabulous food finds. Wish we could get something like that around here.. You were a really Frugal gal today with dinner and a date costing so little.. you go girl..Good to see you are enjoyment and some good things going for you with what you have been going through lately. Janet Alliesmama

Thanks Janet, you are a real inspiration the way you stay positive with your health and the other things life throws at you..............for the most part I am NOT positive but can only post so many GLOOM , DOOM posts about DS. Suffice to say its getting worse, I am frustrated that I cannot prioritise anyone else in the family while this minefield explodes around us. We needed that date night but most of the time I don't know how the family put up with me. Weekly more STUFF is hurled at us, orSTUFF which had been dealt with is over-ruled and thrown back at us, The social worker is part time and she ALWAYS makes a point of sending us this stuff on a WEdnesday ..................so we have to cope with t til the following Monday as no one else " can" deal with it.

This Wednesdays stuff tipped me RIGHT over the edge.
Rinty keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Try to get some daily joy in your life.. It does help.. I try to watch comedy a lot. A friend of mine is a psychologist and she will call and ask if I am watching comedy. I do watch it a lot..Also I try to focus on what I have not on what I do not have. Once I had a patient that came in every day and complained constantly about what he could not do.. The man was 92, a minister, and an editor/publisher of a newspaper and even though he had a stroke he was still able to drive himself to his appointments. I tried to be understanding and supportive to a point but then I told him..Enough.. go home and come back with a list of 5 things you can do.. He came back the next day and thanked me. He said, You were right I have a lot of things to be thankful for." I learned from a lot of my patients that there is a lot to be grateful for you just need to stop and focus on them instead of what you do not have or cannot do. I know that Tom does have a lot of needs and you worry about him but try to take care of your needs as well. If you get down it does not help him and only makes you more unhappy. ((hugs))
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Rinty - don't think of your family as having to put up with you. They love you and would do anything for you!!