Daily check in October 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Daily check in October 13, 2018

Post by SandiSAHM »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:37 am urlhttps://www.aol.com/article/finance/2018/09/19/ ... /23532794/][/url]
Thanks for the link to the list.
Last edited by SandiSAHM on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

This morning I did a dress wash, washed out the bin that goes under my kitchen sink. I still need to put it all back. I have sorted out what was in there found multiple scrub sponges, green scrubbers, a package of recycle bags.

I bought some smaller bins to subdivide the larger bin. I had bought them for something else. I decided to get all 5 they had not just the 2 I needed. 3 actually fit perfectly in the larger bin. They fit so well they look as if they were made for the larger bin.

I spent the rest of the morning backing up my computer then downloading and installing the new Mac OS. It hadn’t finished installing when my daughter picked me up to take me out to lunch. I asked her if we could go to Michaels first and she took me. I was able to get a ball of bulky yarn in the green I wanted.

Then my daughter took me out to lunch. She had a restaurant gift card, from a totally messed up meal at another one of the chains restaurants, she wanted to use, plus a coupon for a free appetizer. Dinner at a steak restaurant cost her a tip. She tipped on what would have been the total bill.

I brought home enough for 2 more meals.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Just got in from a beautiful outdoor wedding down my road. Potluck dinner, beautiful Fall day.
Sheila, sad about the kittens.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, I am also sorry about the kittens. More mother cats than we realize abandon their babies, and it is heartbreaking. We had a cat when I was growing up who raised her first litter okay and abandoned every one after that. Her daughter from that first litter often had kittens at the same time and would try to raise her mother's kittens with her own. (We lived in the country and people always wanted barn cats.)

DH and I went to Lowe's this morning and bought a new over the range microwave. It was on sale and microwaves are one of the products on the tariff list. The old microwave came with the house and is now not heating. It also shocks anyone foolish enough to touch the metal side while it is running. So all those facts led to the purchase.

We also went grocery shopping and I ordered cat food from Chewy for our old cat. That has been about it for the day. It was a nice day otherwise but a bit chilly. Oldest Dachshund is curled up next to me to warm up.
Mackie
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Do you know if computers (desktop and laptop) are being hit with tarrifs and if not yet when this could happen? My laptop is working ok but it is almost 5 years old and going very slow. I am considering purchasing another one at Costco just in case. It seems we have become so dependent on computers for everything we do in our lives that one cannot get along without one. Thanks.

Bev
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Sheila, I'm so sorry to hear about the kittens :( Last night I started watching the Haunting of Hill House and in the second episode one of the girls finds a litter of new born kittens in the barn. Mother cat has abandoned them . Even though the kittles are taken in they wind up dying and later it is learned they were sick. So now I wonder if mother cats know when their young ones are sick and abandon them as a result? It's so sad when that happens.

Bev