Daily check in October 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in October 14, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in October 14, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

What a lovely morning here in Florida. 70's and 80's. Yesterday, I finally got the awning/roof interface caulked. The roofers damaged the awning and it leaked all summer. I had to move everything away from the walls anyways for the house painting and finally we have several days of 0% rain for the caulk to properly seal.

The neighbor who has started taking CBD oil caught me while I was walking with hubs and said that it was working great. her and her husband have an excellent collection of old military stuff. She wanted us to drop by and see their newest addition. So we did in the afternoon. It was a huge nazi flag, off a nazi boat. They are thinking of displaying it. Hubs and I discussed it after getting home and I will recommend that they don't. It is one thing to display stuff from defeated no longer existing combatants of WW1 and WW2, but Neo-nazis still exist and the flag could be misinterpreted.

Today, I have to tackle the morning glory vines that have taken over a corner of the flower bed. They have not bloomed. Time to go. Once they are cleared out, I will have more room to work on my irrigation line. I don't glue my irrigation lines unless I have to. Most fit securely enough. But a couple of spots are a problem. Time for the glue.

I walked up to the produce stand in the afternoon. Sure enough, the lettuce was on sale. I bought 3. Great price. They said produce would be going up. Seasonal issues. I buy local most of the time, so I understand. It is fruit season in Florida, not vegetable season. My papaya are ripening. Only big fruit I grow. Of course, there are those who blame the price increases on the tariffs.

Today, I will head over to Winn Dixie and buy their canned green beans and a $2.99/lb roast if any look good. Maybe thighs on sale. I usually buy these things at save a lot, but the quality of Winn Dixie meats are just a little better. Better at the same price. A win.

Today, I am grateful for life, Have a great day everyone.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Warmer, but we're having rain right now. Hopefully, the rain will clear out quickly and the temps stay up we aren't all freezing at today's block party.

Yesterday, ran some errands, and between making my block party contribution and dinner, seems like I spent most of the day in the kitchen.

Not a good day for food, though. One of the squash from the orchard went bad; another one was starting to go, but I salvaged part of it. Then apparently, a jar of peach preserves didn't get a good seal ... mold! (Really odd, since I had to pry off the darn lid.)

Today, have some baking to do and a few chores to catch up on.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:27 am Good morning ...
Warmer, but we're having rain right now. Hopefully, the rain will clear out quickly and the temps stay up we aren't all freezing at today's block party.

Yesterday, ran some errands, and between making my block party contribution and dinner, seems like I spent most of the day in the kitchen.

Not a good day for food, though. One of the squash from the orchard went bad; another one was starting to go, but I salvaged part of it. Then apparently, a jar of peach preserves didn't get a good seal ... mold! (Really odd, since I had to pry off the darn lid.)

Today, have some baking to do and a few chores to catch up on.
I have pried the lids off various jams and found mold as well. I find it very odd as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile and have taken my blood pressure as requested by the doctor. She would like twice a day, but I seem to only manage once. Dr. J did tell me not to stress about it though (she realizes already that I stress about things a great deal more than I let on).

I need to be at the church in just over an hour. We are giving a quick walk through to the lectors coming from the Anglican church and then sitting with them during the Mass. We want to make them feel very welcome.

This afternoon I will bake that loaf of bread, cut out that robe pattern, and finish casting off the shawl and start a new one. I really would like to have enough prayer shawls to make blessing them a worthwhile event in January.

As far as no spend days this month I have managed 11 out of 14. Today will be a spend day as I am taking an envelope to church. The no spend days do help the bottom line of the budget, cause usually it means I am not using the vehicle either.

Next week my errands will be all done on the same day. Saving wear/tear on the car, and me driving more then I would like.

Still working on using items up in the pantry/freezers. It is nice to see room being made for our next stock up shop, and I am trying not to panic since items are getting lower and lower. Some days it works and other days I start to stress about sudden changes in weather and being stuck inside with nothing for days on end. It won't happen but my brain does not always latch onto that fact.

Supper tonight will be the last ham in the freezer. Serving it with mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, and a tossed salad. I have pumpkin pie for dessert.

Today I am grateful that all we got was a slight dusting of snow overnight and that it was much too cold for the forecasted rain first.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It was warm and muggy here in south texas. Same this morning.

but supposedly, it will drastically cool off tomorrow.

Had an interesting evening. Did the usual Saturday mass, then went out to eat. I enjoy that. Talking with other people. Then I decided to go to the drum circle.

It was almost over when I got there.

The person that runs it just lost her father. But the whole family is not speaking. The mom filed for divorce. I think I told the story. It is crazy. But she went on and on telling stories about this. Things I do not believe are true. So one reason I stopped going to the drum was because this person is not really a sincere person. This hasn't helped her. :shock:

It was interesting. Today have another town event that I will be helping with. Hope it goes well.

Have a great day