Daily check in October 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in October 14, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning it is( 46 F) ( 8 C) with a wind chill of ( 41 F) ( 5 C). Woke to a light rain.. around 4:00 AM. Did some things on my computer and had a cup of day old coffee warmed in the microwave. Not bad really. I never was a coffee fanatic. When I was working I usually had cold coffee to drink at my desk between seeing patients. Had StarBuck's coffee one time while waiting for my SIL when I took her to the hospital. I was not impressed with it or the price..lol. Breakfast was a bowl of vanilla granola with milk.. After doing my daily things on the compute stretched out on the couch and finally fell asleep again. Woke up to Teddi jumping off of the couch and throwing up.. Poor little guy. He seems ok now not sure what is bothering him. Not sure what my plans are for today..
Everyone have a nice and frugal Sunday.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Cool here, but nicer than yesterday because the wind has gone. Got out to do my walk which I hadn't done in 2 days. Figured I had better get myself going again.

I have nothing to buy today but will be reviewing my menu for the week. My goal is hopefully to lose at least 1 lb a week between now and the end of the year. For me that's aggressive because more often than not, my weight lose is closer to 1/2 lb a week and that's really trying. Will definitely have to push myself into putting a little bit more activity into my daily routine.

My sister will be going for a hernia repair this Thursday and she's frightened because when she went in for the pre-op tests, they told her she had shown MRSA. They said they would not be treating it if she wasn't going in for surgery. She's afraid because she checked with Dr. Google and it says she could die from it. I only glanced at the copy they have in the search engine and it's a bit scary to me too, but if they told her they wouldn't have treated it otherwise, they must not think it super serious.

Haven't done much reading in the last few weeks, have to get started again. Was doing so well. Haven't worked much on my Sudoku either but have been playing other forms of games.

Well, going to go for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:14 amHad StarBuck's coffee one time while waiting for my SIL when I took her to the hospital. I was not impressed with it or the price..lol.
I've had Starbucks maybe a dozen times and it was good ONCE. If the Starbucks on the first level of the Treasure Island hotel is still there, they make good coffee.

The rest of them... I can do better at home with some Folgers.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a white wash in the washer. I stripped my bed and partially made it, that is I have the bottom sheet on the bed.

I am going shopping today as yesterday she had over night guests yesterday.

I was able to get bulky yarn so I will be knitting one titanosaur Argentinosaurus huinculensis. The American Museum of Natural History in New York City is replacing the one they had with a reproduction of this dinosaur. It head sticks out of the hall.

Lunch today is the potato skins with bacon and cheese from lunch yesterday. I added some baby carrots.

When I got home from shopping I put the sheets in the washer. That load is almost done. When I get up from resting I will do the towel wash.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:13 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile and have taken my blood pressure as requested by the doctor. She would like twice a day, but I seem to only manage once. Dr. J did tell me not to stress about it though (she realizes already that I stress about things a great deal more than I let on).

I need to be at the church in just over an hour. We are giving a quick walk through to the lectors coming from the Anglican church and then sitting with them during the Mass. We want to make them feel very welcome.

This afternoon I will bake that loaf of bread, cut out that robe pattern, and finish casting off the shawl and start a new one. I really would like to have enough prayer shawls to make blessing them a worthwhile event in January.

As far as no spend days this month I have managed 11 out of 14. Today will be a spend day as I am taking an envelope to church. The no spend days do help the bottom line of the budget, cause usually it means I am not using the vehicle either.

Next week my errands will be all done on the same day. Saving wear/tear on the car, and me driving more then I would like.

Still working on using items up in the pantry/freezers. It is nice to see room being made for our next stock up shop, and I am trying not to panic since items are getting lower and lower. Some days it works and other days I start to stress about sudden changes in weather and being stuck inside with nothing for days on end. It won't happen but my brain does not always latch onto that fact.

Supper tonight will be the last ham in the freezer. Serving it with mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, and a tossed salad. I have pumpkin pie for dessert.

Today I am grateful that all we got was a slight dusting of snow overnight and that it was much too cold for the forecasted rain first.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, I love that your church is doing the lecture exchange. Sitting with the visiting members will certainly make them feel very welcome.
You may have answered this before, but what is a prayer shawl?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:56 pm Jackie, I love that your church is doing the lecture exchange. Sitting with the visiting members will certainly make them feel very welcome.
You may have answered this before, but what is a prayer shawl?
The first exchange went very well. In two weeks we will be attending the Anglican service as readers. Hopefully that goes just as well.

A prayer shawl is a shawl that is knit (or crocheted) and as it is made is prayed on by the person making it. I usually pick something simple with a three stitch pattern so I can say my morning prayers while knitting it.

Then in the Catholic tradition the priest blesses it and they are given to anyone who is sick, suffering or lonely in the parish.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/