Update on T2Diabetes

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Update on T2Diabetes

Post by Sandy »

I am thrilled to report that my "plateau" (aka: weight gain) has reversed and is now going in the right direction (have lost the six pounds gained over six months + eight more :P ). I forget who posted that their husband had to keep to 40-50 carbs a day but I gave my menus a good long look after reading that and found much could be changed.

I stopped breads of all kinds. kept the "nothing white" routine, cut back on red meat and went to 75% (guesstimate) very lean protein, I now eat two meals a day - breakfast at 9 am and dinner no later than 5 pm, no eating after 6 pm (if I feel the need for a snack with nighttime meds at 9 pm, I have a serving or two of Smokehouse Almonds or 3-4 cups air-popped popcorn), no fruits AT ALL (if I get a strong enough craving for fruit - I love them all - I'll have a small banana for breakfast...ONLY the banana). I kept my oatmeal for breakfast as I need that as a helper to keeping my cholesterol in the normal range (have cut the serving to a half-serving). Dinner is a lean protein and one vegetable (if the vegetable is a lettuce salad, I'll take all I want, put the dressing on the side and dip the tine tips of my fork into the dressing before spearing a bite of salad rather than trying to dress the salad itself).

My last doctor's appointment my A1C was 5.0!!
ChristmasTrees

Re: Update on T2Diabetes

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Sandy, congratulations on your great numbers.....but are you eating enough? Two meals a day doesn't seem like enough.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:59 pm Sandy, congratulations on your great numbers.....but are you eating enough? Two meals a day doesn't seem like enough.
I think so. My doctor approves since, when calories are taken into consideration they are adequate. When my weight gets where it needs to be, I can have the occasional treat.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Sandy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:11 pm I am thrilled to report that my "plateau" (aka: weight gain) has reversed and is now going in the right direction (have lost the six pounds gained over six months + eight more :P ). I forget who posted that their husband had to keep to 40-50 carbs a day but I gave my menus a good long look after reading that and found much could be changed.

I stopped breads of all kinds. kept the "nothing white" routine, cut back on red meat and went to 75% (guesstimate) very lean protein, I now eat two meals a day - breakfast at 9 am and dinner no later than 5 pm, no eating after 6 pm (if I feel the need for a snack with nighttime meds at 9 pm, I have a serving or two of Smokehouse Almonds or 3-4 cups air-popped popcorn), no fruits AT ALL (if I get a strong enough craving for fruit - I love them all - I'll have a small banana for breakfast...ONLY the banana). I kept my oatmeal for breakfast as I need that as a helper to keeping my cholesterol in the normal range (have cut the serving to a half-serving). Dinner is a lean protein and one vegetable (if the vegetable is a lettuce salad, I'll take all I want, put the dressing on the side and dip the tine tips of my fork into the dressing before spearing a bite of salad rather than trying to dress the salad itself).

Sounds like you are doing great!! I do worry, also, that you aren’t getting enough to eat, but I hope you continue to do good.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm
Sandy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:11 pm I am thrilled to report that my "plateau" (aka: weight gain) has reversed and is now going in the right direction (have lost the six pounds gained over six months + eight more :P ). I forget who posted that their husband had to keep to 40-50 carbs a day but I gave my menus a good long look after reading that and found much could be changed.

Sounds like you are doing great!! I do worry, also, that you aren’t getting enough to eat, but I hope you continue to do good.
Thank you!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats on your success.