Daily Check-in Monday, Oct. 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in Monday, Oct. 15, 2018

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Gray here right now; rain forecasted for later this afternoon. My coloring group meets today so I should be back home before the rain hits.

I have a few things to pick up at the grocery store; started preparing the list a few minutes ago. I also have to mail a few letters. With the mail being stolen out of mailboxes, you have to take them to the Post Office whether you want to or not. They also suggested using gel pen when writing a check because they cannot wash that ink off to alter it.

I have a few things scheduled for this week, the coloring group, Golden Agers Club, a haircut if I can get an appointment, and later in the week have to go to the bank. I prefer not to use a debit card so I get cash for groceries and gas for 2 weeks at a time.

My sister decided to re-schedule her surgery for 4 weeks until her daughter can take the day off. They really weren't comfortable leaving her husband to watch the baby as they are afraid he'll fall asleep or have a problem with his heart. I had told her I'd come down this week a few days ago, but now the cost is prohibitive. It turns out that the daughter can get that day off but not this week, because the other woman she works with is scheduled to take 3 days off starting Wednesday.

Well I'm going to go for now. Have a great day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Monday morning all,

We had two days of fall. Now it is back to old summertime. In honor of the fall days, I bought some Oktoberfest beer. Hubs had 3 bottles of it. I tasted it and said it was not appealing to me. Since going on Keto, alcoholic beverages sometimes sit poorly for him. Well, it not only didn't sit, it decided to exit during the night. Poor hubs. Didn't want breakfast this morning. I waited on eating figuring he would want something an hour later and I wouldn't have to heat the skillet up twice. Nope, still nothing for him. As I was about the heat up the skillet, my walking neighbor called. She had skipped walking this morning in order to take her son's girlfriend to the dentist. I noticed she was back early and out walking her 2 little dogs. She looked agitated. Well, the phone rang as I expected and she wanted to go for a walk. Later than usual, but I could tell that she needed to talk. She had gotten to the girlfriends house and no one was there. She called her son and he said the appointment was tomorrow. On top of this, her son was in an accident on Saturday and she didn't know if he would need her to pick him up at the repair shop. She talked as we walked and felt better by the end of the walk. I was glad I could be there for her.

Now I will get some breakfast. I started in re-arranging the pantry again. There is no need for a lot of cat food now that hurricane season is mostly over. So I put the extra in the corner. I have to re-arrange because I bought 15 cans of diced tomatoes yesterday sale at Winn Dixie. On weekend sale they were 30c cheaper per can than I can get them at Walmart. I call this Score! Bought a couple of roasts, $2.99/lb. Nice.

My goal today is to get the porch and awning area tidy for the fall. I am grateful that I can put people as more important than things. Have a good day everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

woah - what a brisk morning.

The cold front finally got here. Lots of wind and some rain. It is nice and chilly this morning. Yesterday was still warm and humid.

I helped with a festival all day. Didn't get home until midnight. I was indoors and when I had to go out - I saw people just sweating it out. What a difference today. Sun was out for a bit also.

Not doing laundry today. Going to change it up to maybe Thursday. Did it last Thursday so good to go. Will have to check on winter clothing. More layering really. It can warm up fast.

So far have had my coffee and showered and washed my hair. Will see what today brings. Have a good one.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Still raining here and I have to get out in it today as I have a 2:00 eye appointment. Today will be the day I am fitted for new glasses after the cataract surgeries on both eyes. Don't need anything for up close reading, but will need a little help for distance when driving. I have a nice pair of frames from years ago that I want to see if he can use them for my sun glasses. If not then I will buy new frames, don't think that Medicare will pay for anything except regular glasses. I have been using them to drive as my regular glasses are to strong for me.

I slept so good last night and woke up this morning at 8:00. My phone woke me up and it was a political call. I thought they weren't suppose to call us on our cells, but guess they can do anything they want to. I will be glad when the elections are over and done with. I have blocked all incoming calls and hope they want be able to get through anymore. I really resent my privacy being invaded.

Lost another sweet friend on Saturday afternoon. Her husband died about the same time of year two years ago. I saw her last on the day after my first cataract surgery and she was doing wonderful. She was there for a cataract as well. It's my understanding that she died in her sleep, so it was peaceful. I have lost so many friends in the last couple of years, but that is the cycle of life.

Well, nothing going on here so will get myself dressed and out of here. Everyone have a wonderful day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 am Hello All,

Going to be a cold clear day, high to be 44F, currently 23 but feels like 18F. *Brrrr*

Late start morning for secondary children. I picked up a Subbing job last night as SpEd aide at a middle school, okay by me as they are usually low-key (lower paying too though:( ).

Am about to go wake littles, though dd5 may stay with feverish-aching-sick Dh & ds10... I will ask Dh to take her to school at 12:25pm, as that would save me a day's childcare payment.

Just paid rest of monthly utility bills, and also signed up for "budget plan" of $49 for a year with my Natural gas provider (furnace & water heater) -- I think it's going to be much colder winter than last year.

Breakfast made, leftover soup needs divided into 2 lunch containers, then I'm off to dress.

I must check my Sub bag to make sure Sunday items got back in, and that plenty of sanitary items are in there too.

Today I'm thankful for clear skies, and hope for warmer weather ahead -- soo cold way too early.
Gosh Gayle I have an all electric home and my house is on budget billing and it is $146.00 and will go up in the winter even higher. When my husband was here it was $300.00 in the winter.. I thought it got really cold where you live in Utah?

Congrats on all of the sub jobs. I do not know how you manage to do all that you do. I just know I admire you for doing it.. Good luck with achieving your goals. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:27 pm Good Morning Everyone,

Still raining here and I have to get out in it today as I have a 2:00 eye appointment. Today will be the day I am fitted for new glasses after the cataract surgeries on both eyes. Don't need anything for up close reading, but will need a little help for distance when driving. I have a nice pair of frames from years ago that I want to see if he can use them for my sun glasses. If not then I will buy new frames, don't think that Medicare will pay for anything except regular glasses. I have been using them to drive as my regular glasses are to strong for me.

I slept so good last night and woke up this morning at 8:00. My phone woke me up and it was a political call. I thought they weren't suppose to call us on our cells, but guess they can do anything they want to. I will be glad when the elections are over and done with. I have blocked all incoming calls and hope they want be able to get through anymore. I really resent my privacy being invaded.

Lost another sweet friend on Saturday afternoon. Her husband died about the same time of year two years ago. I saw her last on the day after my first cataract surgery and she was doing wonderful. She was there for a cataract as well. It's my understanding that she died in her sleep, so it was peaceful. I have lost so many friends in the last couple of years, but that is the cycle of life.

Well, nothing going on here so will get myself dressed and out of here. Everyone have a wonderful day.
Libby sorry for your loss of another friend. You are right it is the cycle of life but it is sad.. So many of my friends age gone to..

I am also going to be glad when the elections are over. I get so many calls a day for surveys and the mail is overloaded with their campaign ads..I think of all of the poor trees that have been wasted on the ads..

Glad you came through your cataract surgeries so well. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama