Harry and Meghan = Daddy and Momma!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Harry and Meghan = Daddy and Momma!

Post by colonialgirl »

Oh Rinty - girl or boy - no matter the name - the baby will alway be Prince Dwayne to me. That is the first good laugh I have had this week.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:48 pm Oh Rinty - girl or boy - no matter the name - the baby will alway be Prince Dwayne to me. That is the first good laugh I have had this week.
Lynn remember the movie King Ralph? That was a funny turn of events.. you never know...lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
rinty

Post by rinty »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 pm
rinty wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 pm Princess Anne declined a title for both her children, they are simply styled Master Peter Phillips and Zara Philips. Good old Anne.

None of this Lord and Lady rubbish.

I hope the baby is a Ginger and they call it something like Ruby Glittersparkles ;) Or Dwayne.
Rinty you make me laugh! I would love for them to break with tradition and come up with something sparklie..lol.

I knew Anne did not want titles for her children but did think they were Lord and Lady but I stand corrected..

I remember reading that Prince Andrew wanted to name one of his children with the name Annabelle it is somewhere and the Queen would not allow it.. That might have been an urban myth.. I know you had hoped for a baby 9 months from the day of the wedding but this is close enough for you I am sure.lol. Janet Alliesmama
So Andrew was allowed Eugenie but not Annabelle ??????? The royal family are WEIRD.

Yes, fab baby news !!!!!

Maybe Dwayne is a step too far............James then ;)

I hope they do pick something modern rather than rehashing the same half dozen names in a different order.

No going to lie I do want Dianna in a girls name...........
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

rinty wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 pm
alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 pm
rinty wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 pm Princess Anne declined a title for both her children, they are simply styled Master Peter Phillips and Zara Philips. Good old Anne.

None of this Lord and Lady rubbish.

I hope the baby is a Ginger and they call it something like Ruby Glittersparkles ;) Or Dwayne.
Rinty you make me laugh! I would love for them to break with tradition and come up with something sparklie..lol.

I knew Anne did not want titles for her children but did think they were Lord and Lady but I stand corrected..

I remember reading that Prince Andrew wanted to name one of his children with the name Annabelle it is somewhere and the Queen would not allow it.. That might have been an urban myth.. I know you had hoped for a baby 9 months from the day of the wedding but this is close enough for you I am sure.lol. Janet Alliesmama
So Andrew was allowed Eugenie but not Annabelle ??????? The royal family are WEIRD.

Yes, fab baby news !!!!!

Maybe Dwayne is a step too far............James then ;)

I hope they do pick something modern rather than rehashing the same half dozen names in a different order.

I think there's a Eugenie somewhere back in royal family. I'll see what I can find.
ohjodi
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-03-30/ ... ss-eugenie

Eugenie Victoria Helena

"The baby's name surprised Britain. Bookmakers William Hill said they had thousands of bets but not one for Eugenie.

It was the name of Queen Victoria's granddaughter, the daughter of Princess Beatrice who was Victoria's fifth daughter and youngest child. The baby's second name--Victoria--comes from Queen Victoria herself, and the third name, Helena, comes from the third daughter of Queen Victoria."
ohjodi
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

rinty wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 pm

I think Diana is still to heavy a name to put on a child, yet, for a first name. There's still a lot of emotional attachment to her, and I think it would put all kinds of expectations on the child, as an adult, too.

Maybe the next generation of royals can use Diana as a first name.

But I do like Diana's middle name, Frances, as a first name or middle name.
ohjodi