Daily check in October 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in October 16, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:09 am
clemencia2us wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 am Maggie - I agree with Alliesmom. Your son might be trying to make up somehow with his dad. Maybe he felt he ignored him and is trying to make up for it. Moms are usually always there for their kids and we kids can sometimes take them for granted. Sorry about that and hope you feel better.
That thought has crossed my mind which is why I have not said anything to DS. He did text me some little unimportant fact he was excited about last night, so he does feel a connection with me. I don't think he is slighting me intentionally. Maybe I'll see if he has time for me to run up and take him out to eat this weekend. I know I need to put myself out there, but not too sure where to start. But I am tired of sitting at home alone. I break it up with visiting with my parents, but I don't want to spend all of my time there.
I think you are doing prety good in getting out and about. You have your singles group that meets once a week or so? You do things with your family.

What about female friends? Any single ones or even married. They like to go out also.

Do you want a new relationship? Or just friends to do things with?
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Brr, it's downright chilly here today after a couple days of rain. Not raining today, but it's in the low 50's and with the dampness, feels colder. I didn't get enough Fall time for it to turn off cold this quickly.

I have an appointment at 1:30 with a tenant to get some paperwork signed for Section 8 and once I get that e-mailed off I can put that property to bed for another year. I love the program, but sometimes it's a pain in the butt to jump through the hoops they put you through. I guess for the conveniences we enjoy with it, it can't all be a bed of roses.

It was interesting yesterday in talking with my optometrist about medicare benefits to hear a Dr. actually praise the program. I told him I wished they paid them better and he said actually they pay us better than most private insurance plans, that was a surprise to me. I sure am thankful for it. I know we don't have a perfect system, but we get outstanding medical care for a reasonable price.

I can't tell ya'll how wonderful it is to see through my new eyes. The world has come alive again and you don't know how blind you were until this happens to you. I thank the wonderful surgeon who removed the cataracts and made this happen. They have got this surgery down to a science now. Anyone that is contemplating going through this, it's a very easy one.

Maggie, it is so hard when your kids don't give you the attention that you need. I've never understood them completely. If you had forgotten to send a card and get them a gift they would be hurt to the bone, if they don't give us anything it's just "oops, I am sorry I forgot". They go on their merry way. I have to say that my daughter is way more thoughtful than my son. I think wives have to remind our sons to remember an occasion and if I'm out of sight, my daughter-in-law doesn't seem to give me much thought, therefore my son doesn't either. I've learned to accept it over the years and just like an old duck "let it roll off my back". Sometimes he remembers, sometimes he doesn't.

Janet, I am glad that you were able to put together a budget that gives you more peace of mind. I so admire the way you approach things in your life. It's not easy doing it alone and you do a great job.

Gayle, I am in constant awe of you and your accomplishments. Like others have said, I can't imagine working outside the home with a husband and 5 children to take care of. That in it'self is enough to keep you busy, but all the other things that you add in like your knitting, sewing, baking, helping neighbors, church and taxi service. It's mind boggling.

Well good people I am off to get my errands done and then I plan on having a restful rest of the day. Hope everyone has a good one too.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Well, this day is taking an interesting turn. Got in the car to run an errand ... won't start. Lights and radio go on, but won't crank.
Hubs will be home in a bit, so maybe he can give it a jump
Well, at least it happened in the garage and not out somewhere ...
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Finally received a call today from Medicaid. Their promise was return call within 3 days. It has been about 10 days. Anyway the bottom line is I still have medicaid coverage. My in home care, paid for by the Department on Aging, will cover my Spend Down. I do not have the extra benefit of them paying for my Medicare B and D Premiums due to my income. That is ok. I am still grateful for the coverage I have. I think the medicare rep told me that due to my low income they will pay the Walmart/Humana Medicare D Premium for me. I will have to check to see if the 2019 income will also be low enough for them to give me extra help. A while back Walmart/Humana had sent me a letter and stated that as long as I received Medicaid that my premium to them in 2019 will be covered by extra help through Medicare. The medicaid rep said I should have received a letter dated Sept 21st stating I was being reinstated but I have not. So she is mailing a copy of the letter and a new medicaid card. What a relief that will be.. I am still going to come up short this month and through 2018 and 2019 due to the money being taken out of SS for my Medicare B premiums. However I am going to stick to the new 2019 budget as much as possible to try to get an emergency fund built up. So on a positive note if I had not had this scare I would not have reworked my budget to try to fit in the extra charges and I can see where I could save a few extra dollars here and there. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 pm Well, this day is taking an interesting turn. Got in the car to run an errand ... won't start. Lights and radio go on, but won't crank.
Hubs will be home in a bit, so maybe he can give it a jump
Well, at least it happened in the garage and not out somewhere ...
Wolf bummer on the car not working. I hope it is something simple and easy to fix. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Yep, me too, Janet.

And wonderful news about your Medicaid eligibility! I'm relieved for you ...