Daily check in October 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in October 16, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in October 16, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Today will be another rain free day typical of Florida fall. However, we continue to have summer temperatures in the mid 90's, heat index in the 100's. And the tropics continue to be active although this current one will likely rain out over land before it can pop out and attack Texas. Hurricane season continues until November 1st, but historically, things start to slow down by the 20th of October. The cold front pushing through Texas is a good sign.

Yesterday, I got my planting table up under the awning I repair over the weekend. Hubs wanted to help. He was sure we could just lift the recycled front door up onto the recycled barrels. I warned him that it was heavy. But until he could not even lift one end off the ground, he didn't believe me. I was prepared with my concrete blocks to build a "stepping stone" stairway until it was high enough to just tilt over onto the barrels.

Today is a no walk day because my walking neighbor has to take her son's girlfriend to the dentist. My neighbor said she was done with this taxi service for everyone. We will see how she feels about it tomorrow when we should be able to morning walk.

Hubs is feeling better after his adventure with 3 beers. So back to normal eating for us. I do have to get a couple of his medications refilled, so I will be going out. So a stop at Walmart market on the way to check produce prices and pick up staples.

Today, I am grateful for air conditioning. Have a good day everyone.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Cool here, a high of 57 F. I did turn my heat on, set the temp to 67. It did kick on a few times. Fortunately this furnace is much quieter than the one in my last apartment.

Threw a pity party for myself. I guess Ex went up to the University for the football game with DS. And DS mentioned buying his Dad a Polo shirt. I did not get a card or a token birthday gifts and he said he was too busy for parents weekend. Maybe I just don't ask or push for enough. I don't know. I am feeling very lonely right now. But I also don't ask for attention. Maybe that is part of my fault. Who knows.

I got another big box emptied. It was my linen closet. I still have a bunch of athletic socks packed away somewhere. I need to find them. I also want to buy a pair of trouser-style jeans. I just dread going and trying them on.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning
Mid 30s this morning; haven't peeked at the garden to see how it fared with the frost. (Doesn't matter a lot, since I picked off everything that could be affected.)
We did have a lovely sunset/sunrise ... something about this time of year.

Anyway, getting bits of things done here and there and will continue the same today. Just not sure in what order, LOL!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 am Good Morning,

Cool here, a high of 57 F. I did turn my heat on, set the temp to 67. It did kick on a few times. Fortunately this furnace is much quieter than the one in my last apartment.

Threw a pity party for myself. I guess Ex went up to the University for the football game with DS. And DS mentioned buying his Dad a Polo shirt. I did not get a card or a token birthday gifts and he said he was too busy for parents weekend. Maybe I just don't ask or push for enough. I don't know. I am feeling very lonely right now. But I also don't ask for attention. Maybe that is part of my fault. Who knows.

I got another big box emptied. It was my linen closet. I still have a bunch of athletic socks packed away somewhere. I need to find them. I also want to buy a pair of trouser-style jeans. I just dread going and trying them on.

Have a great day,
Maggie
((Maggie)). Next time DS says he is too busy tell him your coming anyways.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Maggie sorry you are feeling left out and alone. I wonder if your son might be trying to appease you husband? It was due to him that the marriage broke up and it could be your son is feeling the need to pay attention to him so that he does not get pushed aside.. You on the other hand are the good parent and sometimes kids allow things to slide more since they know they are more accepting of them.. That is just my opinion.

Good morning. It is( 32 F) ( 0 C) and going to warm up to 57F. I love this time of year. I thrive in it compared to the heat of summer which drags me down.

Yesterday I brought my terracotta pots, with my strawberry's growing in them, in to the garage to protect them from the morning frost. I picked about 5 nice red strawberry's off of the plants and there are a few that still need to ripen. I will take them to the basement when the hill behind the house dries out more. I used a hand truck to move them from the deck in to the garage and it was very easy. Also brought in a fresh basil plant and it will winter over in the kitchen area in front of the deck door.

Not sure what happened but the other day while sitting in my recliner I thought I saw dirt on the inside of my left ankle. When I went to wash it off I realized it was a huge bruise. No pain and no injury that I am aware of. Then noticed blood on my pinky toe and I thought maybe I had torn the nail when putting on my socks. I have severe diabetic neuropathy in my feet. I soaked my foot and then when cleaning it off noticed that I had a cut across the toe just below the nail. What the heck? I do not remember any kind of incident or injury to have caused these problems. I hope I am not sleep walking. My Mom and sister were sleepwalkers.. Weird!
Janet Alliesmama
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama