Daily Check in OCt 17, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Daily Check in OCt 17, 2018

Post by ohjodi »

You aren't able to sleep with your CPAP? Is the pressure high enough? Sorry to be nosey, but I love mine and it makes such a huge difference for me. I even wear it if I'm just laying there, reading, because it helps me breathe, lol
ohjodi
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:20 pm
ohjodi wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:54 pm You aren't able to sleep with your CPAP? Is the pressure high enough? Sorry to be nosey, but I love mine and it makes such a huge difference for me. I even wear it if I'm just laying there, reading, because it helps me breathe, lol
My pressure is 16 and should be higher but I cannot tolerate it any higher. The pulmonary Dr said my sleep apnea and insomnia are not related and yet he will not let me take a sleep aid due to the fact that I can stop breathing for 70 seconds about 53 % of the time. I have done some investigating regarding insomnia and it can be related to low B-12 also high blood sugar can cause insomnia. I am dangerously low on B-12 and go monthly and at times have to go weekly for B-12 shots. I am diabetic and although my blood sugar is really well controlled right now it does spike higher depending on what I have eaten. I have gone caffeine free in all foods and drinks for 2 month's and it did not make a difference. I do have what is known as resting tremors. This is due to my ALS. The more you try to relax and rest the worse they are. However I have found that sleeping in a recliner greatly reduces or eliminates them so really not what is keeping me awake.. My pulmonary NP said that my sleep apea can be related to my ALS but it is not the sole contribution.

Jodi Appreciate your interest and open to all suggestions. I have a friend that said she loves her c-pap and as soon as she put it on she falls to sleep. Wish I could do the same. Janet Alliemama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:47 pm
Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you ...Happy birthday Dear Sheila.. Happy Birthday to you..

So good to hear from you.. How is your knee doing? You seem to be getting a lot of exercise walking so it must be somewhat improved.. Take care.. Janet Alliesmama
[/quote]

Jackie, I had forgotten I share a birthday with your son. Thank you for the good wishes.

Janet, my knee is doing okay. I still do exercises on my own almost every morning and some additional times on weekends. If I don't do them, I get a set-back and it isn't good. I took the stairs the other day for the first time without holding onto the railing and using it to pull myself up. So - still making progress but not out of the woods as they say.

I hope you are doing well my friend. Take care.
[/quote]
Sheila thanks for the update on how you are doing. Love hearing from you when you are able to post.. I think you are wise so many of my patients would backslide with their exercises when things seemed to be improving.. Then after a couple of months they would come back whining what went wrong.. I know you are so use to being an independent and do it myself lady so it is hard for you to let other do things for you.

As for me I am doing ok for an old lady in my shape.. lol. I do have my doggie nephew Teddi and he is a joy to have around..

Take care.. your friend Janet.
Janet Alliesmama