Daily Check in OCt 17, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in OCt 17, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Maggie, I am so glad you found a wonderful way to deal with your loneliness. I understand some of the feelings you expressed. Our kids are moving on. They are still the center of our life, but we are not the center of theirs anymore. Hopes that you can continue to find wonderful things to do with your new life.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Slept like a baby last night, but frost was on the ground when I got up this morning. Sun is shining so hopefully it will warm up a little today.

Yesterday after I met with my tenant I came home and was in the mood for cake. I hadn't used my new KitchenAid Mixer yet and couldn't think of a better way to spend the afternoon. It was a dream to mix it up and why in the world I hadn't thrown my old mixer away months ago and bought a new one I just don't know. The cake turned out so good and my frosting from the Hershey's Cocoa can is always delicious. I will be freezing it in portions as I can't eat an entire cake by myself before it would start getting stale, or can I???? I guess I could invite someone over, but I am not in the mood for company either. To much other stuff to get accomplished in a short period of time.

Mr. B's son is coming for a short visit over the weekend and will be arriving on Thursday. I know they will have a good time and I told him to devote his time to him and we can talk after the visit is over. When he and I get on the phone together at night, neither one of us knows how to hang up.

Janet, I was delighted to hear that you still have medicaid. I know that is going to improve your sleepless nights.

Maggie, that was wonderful that you went by to see your aunt. I know that had to have lifted her spirits. When my Mother was in the Nursing Home that was the highlight of her day when a friend or family member stopped by to visit her.

NoisyPorkChop, I'm stealing your new word "Complainypants". Never heard that one before, love it. Know you and your hubby are excited about the new grandbaby.

Well, I am off to get into some kind of trouble today. Have a dinner to attend tomorrow night and will be anxious to see how my new eyes fair for me with night driving. I had basically stopped driving at night all together as there seemed to be halo's around oncoming headlights. Hope my eyes will be like new for that too.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Morning!
Sunny and chilly.
I'm having a cup of coffee while I wait for the new battery to be put in my car. DH had no luck jump starting, so called the motor club this morning. Their battery was a bit more than I wanted to pay, so, off to Walmart.
Maggie, good on you for visiting your aunt. I'm sure you brightened her day.
I watched a bit of The Connors ... John Good man does not look well ... hoping some of that was makeup.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

DGFlorida

Here in texas, no matter how old you are, you have to show id. Well not exactly show but you have to skim your drivers license through the credit card thingie. The clerks don't even look at it. Hmmm - very interesting. Anyone can just use anyone's id for beer and cigarettes?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is chilly today, but not as bad as yesterday. I even had to change clothes before I left for breakfast this morning. What I was wearing was way too warm. It is 55 here. You would think we were in the arctic the way some people here dress - wool caps and all. :lol:

Anyway - got up and went to eat. I usually go to a sibling's house and we travel to the café together, but today was just not feeling it. For being siblings I just don't want to be around them as much lately. Even at breakfast one kept making little snide comments to me.

I run a page for the town and have gotten some things done around here. And people will stop and ask me questions. So that one I guess has to make remarks. But then I think her husband or someone brainwashed her and her daughter into thinking that anything anyone does has to be because of some nefarious reason. The other one has turned into a hermit and I refuse to beg her to come out and do things. She did mention today that her kids ignore her unless they need her, which is true, but that is her bed to lie or lay in. Kind of sad. Oh well.

So I came home early and plan on cleaning out my purse and purging some kitchen stuff. I actually cooked last night and found that my bottled spices need to be thrown out!

Have a great day all
rinty

Post by rinty »

Attempt to post Number 3

Another child on the housing ladder !!! Three out of four !!!

Aww, who needs that luxury camper and round the world cruise ;)

DS thrilled and the hosue comes with a new stove and all flooring. BOOYAH.

In other news social services are incommunicado...........( a sound move on their part I suppose ) our actual social worker is on holiday for a month and apparently they think we should just "cope".

No.

Today was a Whole Day School Trip. An hour each way on a coach with 100 small children. Their favourite song is " Baby Shark.............do, do da doo doo, BABY SHARK etc etc etc" It is a REALLY LONG SONG :shock: :shock: :shock: They had a great day. ;)

I am knackered .

Homemade Apple and Parsnip soup for dinner, our own apples.

Another grandbaby here, that's 3 days in a row. I am feeding it Pringles cos we are TIRED. They could have had apple and parsnip soup but it was DECLINED.

Penny I loved your quote about Christmas being sorted with the brontosaurus..........I had to re read but I get you now !

laundry in, DH has hoovered and I need to tidy bedroom 2 . Early night with a good book. I did buy two small gifts from the gift shop as the small kids LOVED them so I figured so would the grandbabies.