Daily Check in OCt 17, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in OCt 17, 2018

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all,

Busy day, good day! Cold in the AM, but warmed up to bearable in the afternoon. I had to go in town, so checked my store for meat bargains, found pork loin end roast for 89 cents per pound. it is a real bargain. Made that and mashed potatoes , cooked carrots, salad and fried some apples because dad will not touch cooked carrots.

Yesterday we spent the day at the covered bridge festival, it was so cold in the AM but by afternoon very comfortable and we had a great time. The countryside was beautiful and while we only saw 2 covered bridges we loved the festival part. Lots of walking and it felt great.

My furnace guy can't get here until Friday, getting by with the gas fireplace and today I re-did the woodstove sealing rope and started it this afternoon with trash wood. We are getting by just fine. IF he can't repair it, it will be replaced. Hoping for repair.
Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be good so will start putting some of the outdoor furniture away, I really hate it too because it means summer is really over....even if I didn't get to enjoy summer this year because of the extreme heat.

Happy Birthday Sheila,
Have a nice evening all,
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:18 pm Good Evening Friends,

Maggie I am sorry to hear about your aunt - that is sad. Thinking of your family.

Freezing cold today. I wore a light jacket under a winter jacket for my walks to and from work and my walk to the library tonight. We got some spitting snow for my birthday today.

I am having a huge debate - only with myself - over whether or not to justify the expense of getting my floor replaced. It sure does need replacing but flooring sure is expensive! I think that I know I'll do it - I just need to get over the hurdle and get it done.

Going to say goodnight now and brace for the cold walk home, take the dogs out one more time and then tuck into bed with a book and a cup of steaming hot tea. Goodnight one and all.
Sheila....Happy Birthday!!!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:09 am Good Morning folks,

So My Aunt has been placed in hospice care. Her cancer has spread. She is in pain. She is still undergoing dialysis three times a week and living in her assisted living apartment. I stopped by to see her last night. When I got there, she was sitting in the lobby like she was bored and looking for some excitement or at least someone to talk to. She did had some trouble remembering she had to take the elevator to the second floor to get to her room. But we had good conversations. I told her stories of DSs and DGSs, we reminisced about a trip to Chicago 28 years ago, and while watching the nation news and commenting on the flooding and hurricanes she commented about her brother and sister in law who moved to S. Carolina to escape the Winter weather but now have dealt with the hurricanes. So her spotty memory was on. I was about ready to throw another loneliness pity party for myself when I remembered that she was not that far away and I could easily stop by. I am glad I did and I will make it a point to do so more often. I called Mom on my way home and she was glad to hear. She brought Auntie home from the hospital earlier today, after a meeting where the in-town brother's and sisters attended to make the hospice decision. Mom was exhausted and beating herself up thinking she should go back over and check up on things.

So my Parents will probably stop by sometime this afternoon and help me with my shelving unit so I can get more things stored and put away.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, Sorry about your Aunt. So good of you to visit....nice for both of you.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Birthday Sheila.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 am Had to spend 4 hours of torture on my c-pap machine. You have to spend 4 hours on it for medicare to pay for the supplies.
Is the problem with your mask? If so, I have to highly recommend the Amara View mask. It is fantastic.......it sits under your nose (not in it) and around your mouth. I've been using it almost three years. When I started with CPAP I tried four other masks before this one....the others were just murder.

It does not leave marks on my face at all, and I love that if my my nose itches i can just slide my finger in and right back out, without undoing the mask at all.

My dad, brother-in-law, an even the guy at the medical supply place all use the Amara View.

Medicare pays for it.

https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/mas ... right-fit/
ohjodi
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ohjodi wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:24 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 am Had to spend 4 hours of torture on my c-pap machine. You have to spend 4 hours on it for medicare to pay for the supplies.
Is the problem with your mask? If so, I have to highly recommend the Amara View mask. It is fantastic.......it sits under your nose (not in it) and around your mouth. I've been using it almost three years. When I started with CPAP I tried four other masks before this one....the others were just murder.

It does not leave marks on my face at all, and I love that if my my nose itches i can just slide my finger in and right back out, without undoing the mask at all.

My dad, brother-in-law, an even the guy at the medical supply place all use the Amara View.

Medicare pays for it.

https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/mas ... right-fit/

The torture is the fact that I have to be hooked up to something for 4 hours and have to sit or lay there doing nothing for 4 hours...lol. I am currently using Dreamwear. However thank you for your information and concern..

Janet Alliesmama

PS: just looked at your Amara mask and it looks similar to my Dreamwear.
Janet Alliesmama