Daily Check in Oct 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 18, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugal Firends!

Let's get started. It is frosty here today and I am almost giddy that I have a garage to park in and did not have to scrape my car. BRB.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Oct 18, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

I am back.

I did a post on Facebook about visiting my Aunt. Another Aunt (with permission fro aunt B) posted that she was in Hospice care and I mentioned that I visited and she was not bedridden, seemed anxious for someone to talk to and a 30 minutes visit was the perfect amount of time so that friends and family would not be intimidated. I saw 3 cousins posted about visiting last night and took a picture. So happy about that.

Mom and Dad stopped over. Dad put together my shelving unit and we did some garage organizing. Then he came in a hung a picture, my rechargeable vacuum and my keyholder. Mom seemed impressed with my level of organization and unpacking. This is a woman who's closet floors are clear, house is usually impeccable and likes everything put away. Unlike me who is a pile-er (just like your Father she always says).

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning, it's 35 and looked to be a bit misty/foggy out there.

Well, after a few hours and $100, the car has a new battery. Considering I got 6 years out of a battery with a 5-year lifespan, guess I did OK.

Today, want to get some work out of the way before I meet a friend for coffee. Have a cupcake mix (bought on markdown) that needs to be used up; then should tackle those dishes.

Maggie, glad to hear your aunt is getting more visitors!
NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning,
DH has to be at work at 6 a.m. this whole week as he is covering for his manager. This is going to put us in a jam as I have been the one who is the person who gets up at 5 a.m. and gets my shower out of the way and gets our lunches prepared and snacks made, etc., and now we are going to be getting up at the same time, trying to both use the bathroom, get dressed, eat, and get ready at the same time. I am going to have to get inventive this week and probably make our lunches the night before and I will have to hurry through my shower and be out of the way so DH can get in the bathroom and shave and get ready by 5:30 a.m. This week will be interesting and I will have to be organized.

Well I didn't get the raking done like I wanted to yesterday as I got slowed down with Hubby tagging along with me. I told him yesterday I was going to run my errands and he chimed in that he will come along as he had nothing to do. Well, as much as I love my boy, taking him along with me is (sort of) having a child with you and they want to poke around and browse in everything and I want to get in and out and on to my next stop so I can get everything done and head back to home base. First stop was at the local thrift store where I had spotted a decent lamp the day before for $5.95 that I could use in the living room. While I go get the lamp DH has now wandered over to where the tools and doodads are and wants to slowly browse all the 'guy stuff' and look at the donated tools, golf clubs, motorcycle helmets, car parts and electrical thingys that are there. I just want to get in and out. So, nearly a half hour spent there. Next stop is Fred Meyers where I am going in to get my echinacea tea and to see if they have a specific brand of lemon juice DH likes. Now DH wants to look around at all the foodstuffs and goodies so another 20 minutes spent there. Next, off to the Union Gospel Mission to get the donations I have dropped off, thankfully you just pull up to the donation station and they come out and help. My last stop is at the local Cash and Carry where I need to pick up two items. As I am getting my jug of Dawn dish soap I turn around and DH is not there *sigh*. Now I am walking all over the store trying to figure out where he disappeared to :roll: . He is wanting to browse around and look at all the bulk frozen food and has honed in on a gigantic pack of kielbasa sausages and buns that he is now jonesing for and wants me to buy. I (very lovingly) told him I was just reminded why I usually don't take him with me as he wants me to buy things that I hadn't budgeted for. "Oh I will give you the money just let me know how much it is" was his reply. So, out the door we go with the two items I needed PLUS a pack of 20 kielbasa sausages and a gigantic pack of buns :| . See what I mean!

Anyway, I am off to Target this morning to see if I can price a lampshade that my new-to-me lamp didn't have and then prep dinner for DH before I head out to work at 11 a.m. for the beginning of another work week. Hopefully I can squeeze in a few minutes this week to work on the raking. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a dentist appointment this morning. I never got a call from the person who NESA said would take me. I plan on taking a Taxi.

This morning my left shoulder is hurting. I don’t know what I did to trigger it. When I woke up my apartment was cold I turned up the heat. Which did helped some. I think the ongoing cold damp weather is a big cause.

Not much else is new.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Up a bit later again today, but got to watch the sky change colour. My doctors appointment is in a little less than 2 hours so I need to get my rear in gear. Wonder what my blood results are....I hope pretty good.

After the appointment I will be getting our prescriptions and going shopping before heading home to pay our bills online. I just may be gone all morning for a change.

Frugally speaking I will be shopping the sales, using coupons where possible, and not buying meat (we still have lots of meat in the freezers) unless it is a super buy (which is doubtful in this part of the sale cycle).

Talked to oldest DS last night. One of his students brought him cupcakes for his birthday yesterday and gave him a very sweet little note. He was very appreciative. Things are going good for him, just like youngest DS and his food class (which he really did not want to teach) is going pretty good. The kids made calzones and they turned out not too badly he said.

Making this short as I want to get out for my daily walk.

Supper today is going to be hamburgers, fries and some cut up veggies and dip.

Today I am grateful for my cat cuddled on my lap and making it difficult to type.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/