Daily Check in Oct 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Oct 18, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Another nice cool morning.

It sure helps with sleeping. The pups didn't wake up until almost 8!

Today is laundry day. I switched it from Monday. Not much there, but still needs to be done. I don't go through clothes as much during the warm days.

Do any of y'all give to go fund me accounts? I used to all the time, but now I am kind of burned out. I saw one this morning about a former classmate's husband. I am getting cynical in my old age. Hope I am not struck by lightning, but the description of their marriage and life together is not what I know. What the heck :o . I've noticed that the local go fund mes do not do well. Most likely cuz people don't do online giving. Now sell food to raise money and it usually sells out.

So kind of conflicted on what to do.....

Hope all have a great day......
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Clem,

I have donated to a few of people that I've actually known, but never to a stranger. My favorite niece's(my brother's daughter) cousin's on her Mother's side was killed in a boating accident last year with his young son, leaving a wife and another young child. I did contribute generously to that one as I knew the need and that it was valid.

Some I have seen that are asking to pay off their debt, I feel like saying "do it like the rest of us did". Tighten your belts. I don't do those.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I am sitting here shivering as sometime during the night my furnace stopped working. I got on the phone as soon as the office opened and called the Heating/AC company that I use and they sent someone out. A fan motor strut had broken so they are fixing it now. Thank goodness for good service. I do have a couple of electric heaters that I could pull out, but they are so expensive to operate. When this repairman leaves I may crawl back in bed and get me a little nap, had to get up way to early this morning

I have a dinner tonight with my Sunday School class at 5:00. We are going to a local catfish house that is very good so know that I will enjoy that. I will have the broiled fish instead of fried to keep my tummy from getting all upset. I can't eat fried food anymore, it bothers me when I do. It's much healthier this way anyhow.

Not much news from here, except Fall has come and gone way to quick for me. The weather has been quirky all over this year. At least the Fall decorations will last until the end of November and I can enjoy those.

Penny so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.

Maggie, congratulations to you for getting better organized with this move and there is nothing like a garage in the winter months.

Jackie, good luck on your blood work when you see your new doctor today.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Thursday morning all,

Glad your Aunt got more visitors, Maggie. Taking husbands shopping, interesting and clearly dangerous. Gome funding. I don't do. Too many are scams.

Today was a nice morning to walk. My walking neighbor seemed less agitated today, so we didn't have provocative things to talk about. A neighbor asked me to share my opinion about the Florida ballot. It is very complicated this year. So many elected offices and so many ballot issues. Hubs did a lot of research and was finally done. So I asked for a printout to share as requested. My goodness, what a blow up. A waste of too many sheets of paper. He is really moody right now. Now he is mad at the shredder. :roll:

After the walk, I worked on clearing the culvert ditch. It was still in the shade. I worked on it until the sun moved over it. Another near record heat day, so on to other projects, the ones in the shade.

Old dance partner's 50 year old daughter moved down to Houston from North Texas and is living with her son in the condo old dance partner bought for him. Dance partner had to buy the condo because no apartment complex would rent to the boy due to his criminal record. Now his jobless mother is in the condo with him and his kids. Well, last night, his daughter calls dance partner and is in terrible back pain. Dance partner plans to send her to a chiropractor. 50% chance she will refuse to go. Will say she doesn't believe in them. Afraid they will hurt her. No she needs a doctor to prescribe her pain medication. Catch my drift. Hope I am wrong. He doesn't need that problem. I cut the phone conversation short. It is hard to see someone you care about played.

Today is my grandson's first birthday. We sent a card, but we asked about gifts and our son said he would get back to us and never did. Well, the other set of grandparents are rich and live in the same city, so the child will not go wanting, for sure. I recently heard a talk by Dr. Temple Grandin. She is autistic and became a leader in the field of humane farm animal treatment. She was talking about educating children to think and be creative. She strongly believes children should be given fewer toys and encouraged to make their own. I suspect my grandchildren have many things.

Yesterday was shower day. Very little water wasted. Warming the water takes awhile. I catch the water and give it to my potted plants. I take a shower after giving hubs his, while the water is still warm. Then I wipe down the shower with the damp towels. The soapy washcloth does a little cleaning before going in the basket. It is a feel good frugal experience. I still raise the house temperature to 84 at night and then drop it to 82 during the day. I am disappointed that the ac comes on as often as it does.

Today, I am grateful that I no longer need thyroid medication. It feels good to be free of medication. Have a great day everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Unless it is family, think I will keep my giving to animals :mrgreen:
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am Unless it is family, think I will keep my giving to animals :mrgreen:
Sounds like a good idea to me.