Daily Check-in, Friday Oct. 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Daily Check-in, Friday Oct. 19, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning! (and good heavens, we're heading toward the end of October!)
High 30s right now, maybe some rain.

Had a nice visit with my friend yesterday, managed to run a couple of errands on the way back. Turned out I didn't have to bake; DH found yellow sticker cinnamon rolls and pie at the grocery and brought them home.

Today; DH is off getting the oil changed in his car. I've got some work to clean up as well as a few chores.

Libby, hope you're feeling better today.
Jackie, understand about the cholesterol. Would your doc be open to you taking Niacin?
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in, Friday Oct. 19, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I did not want to get out of bed. It was so warm and cozy. LOL! I was giddy yesterday morning that my car spent the night in the garage and I did not need to scrape frost off it. Oh the little things! I stopped by and helped my friend with her email for the Church singles group before driving home from work.

More cousins are taking their kids and visiting my Aunt. Such a good thing. Med personnel and a pastor were supposed to talk to auntie yesterday about continuing dialysis. Mom was going to be there but Mom wanted to be in the background. She feels like auntie keeps looking to her sisters for cues on what they want her to say and Mom especially wants Auntie to make her won decisions. But she also wants to make sure she is not pushed into anything. What a balance.
Anyways,
Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Bit of a restless sleep last night, my hair is pretty much sticking right up in the air on top.

LWolfT, I don't know if the doctor would be up to me taking Niacin. However I am going to do some research before my next visit.

It should be a fairly quiet day around here. I have my usual Friday household tasks, some extra cleaning added, and that one job from yesterday that didn't get done as well. I should have lots of sewing time later this morning and this afternoon.

Our rotating postal strike begins on Monday and it seems as if most if not all our paper bills have arrived, I am seriously considering getting most of them online since I do pay most online. There are a few that do not have that option so I keep putting the process off until they do.

Frugally speaking it will now be the 15th no spend day this month. I am beginning to think I might actually make up for last months spending spree. Well, one never totally makes up a spending spree you just start to watch your spending closely once again.

Walking for exercise, hopefully the weather keeps being fairly nice (yesterday was wonderful at 23C) and I can continue this into next month. I kind of doubt it as very few Halloween's make it without snow on the ground. One year there was almost 2 feet that fell in a major snow storm.

I hope to inventory my rather depleted shelves in my two pantry areas. I need to know what we have to stock up on when we do the stock up shop very soon. I kind of have an idea on the meat situation, but canned, paper, and cleaning goods sometimes elude me and I overstock or forget to buy what I need.

Supper tonight will not be great for my cholesterol, however I will be good for the rest of the day. I plan on making Lazy Perogies. Perhaps a smaller pan so there are not as many leftovers.

Today I am grateful that I have a doctor that wants to work with me and not throw me on medication right away.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Maggie it is not an easy decision to make.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am tired this morning but I have been busy this morning. I washed the dishes I was too tired to wash. I put a dress wash in the wash, they are in the dryer now. The trash is gathered and out.

I have 3 baskets of laundry to fold. The dresses should be ready to hang up soon.

Penny
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Friday morning all,

Another hot day ahead for Florida. Yesterday was a record. Today is posed to be near record. The humidity is down some and it is very nice to work outside. I do get hot, but not sticky as well. I do have to make sure I hit the salt tablets though. It is easier to forget them when I am not sticky hot. I only took about 3 yesterday and the last of the dill pickle juice. Now I have 3 lovely empty jars. Decisions.

Yesterday, I worked on the ditch in the morning and in the evening and painted some plywood boards in the afternoon. They were leftover from the hurricane boards from last year. They needed to be sealed against weathering by a coat of paint. They paint dried very fast.

Today, I will work again in the ditch and also paint the new tool shelter. I needed to let the wood cure a bit before painting. Times up.

My sick neighbor stopped while I was out near the road digging the ditch and said that the CBD oil was not working now. She was so sad. I had warned her about the plecebo effect. I hope that she just needs a higher dose.

My walking neighbor knocked on my door and said my mail was delivered to the house of the snowbird neighbor. She picks up the mail for the snowbird. So I got the mail and there was my new medicare card. I had been watching for it. Whew.

We had a visit from the pest control people on our schedule. I called and they said next week. I warned them that it must be next week because I will be traveling after that. I check the weather in Houston. I will need my winter(in Florida) clothes. So I will have to get them out of storage. Something to do this weekend maybe.

I sent my married son a link to a talk by Dr. Temple Grandin on raising creative children. He sent back it was an hour long. Are there any cliff notes? Ha, ha. Professors are used to talking an hour. He has been out of school too long. I suggested he listen to it in segments and take notes. Got a chuckle out of it.

Today, I am grateful that my life is simple, allowing me to appreciate the beauty around me. Have a good day everyone.