Daily check in October 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in October 20, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

I think I should clarify something. All my family members start with the letter "J". Mom used to sign cards and letters From the Six J's. Dad's business holdings were Six J's Holdings.

Oh yeah and I do not take prescription MJ or CBD oil.... Just know a great many people here that do. In fact I went with my friend and her father when they visited the MJ doctor in case my friend didn't understand what was happening.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Jackie, my family is also "J" my parents, my siblings and we named our kids with J's also.
My Son in law broke the code when they named my youngest grand as they named her after his mom, my friend....I was glad!

It is cold and bright, up and waiting for the furnace dude and.....youngest grand is coming for the day and staying over. She wants to see us and "do crafts". It will be fun, she gets into whatever we have going on,, very easy to entertain and she entertains us.

I have the usual housework to do, but will wait until the furnace dude is done before doing floors as he has to go in and out of the crawl space. Besides I am pretty sure the grands crafting will include glitter LOL.

Pizza is on the menu for tonight, and salad. Dad has been real good about eating a bowl of salad every night. He goes in spurts with veggies and I try to provide a variety.
Of to get busy, need to get my "warpaint "on and ready to face the day.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty.

The pop ups have slowed down for me....I am thankful.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:10 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in last night mainly because of a few sleeping problems. I hope that I manage to get all done that I wish to.

Yesterday Hubby came home with some walking poles for me. I think we have them adjusted correctly but I need to try them out to be sure. I will use them on my morning walk today. I guess he ran into an old friend while fishing and he said his wife had a pair and since Hubby is terrified I am going to fall again, he bought these realitively inexpesively (like he could use his pocket money and barely make a dent). To make him happy I will try them out.

Not much in the way of household cleaning. I haven't cleaned baseboards or the dust bunnies out from under the furniture in our bedroom so I think those will be my extra jobs for the day.

Then of course I will be working on my sewing (just a bit more to do on the robe and I can cut out the fabric for the rice pads and soup bowl cozies). Slowly but surely getting things completed in time for the holidays, and getting the sewing/craft room in some sense of control at the same time.

This evening we are going out for supper with my sister and her Hubby. It is "J"'s 60th birthday and I guess this is how she wants to celebrate. This will change my menus a bit, but that is just fine.

Frugally speaking there will be no spending done today. I actually have a gift card for the restraunt we are going to that should cover the meals. The day will be spent as usual, using up, making do, and subbing where and when I can. Sounds kind of boring, and sometimes it is. Most days though I feel a sense of adventure wondering what I can do to save money for our next trip.

Today I am grateful that the sun is shining even though the temperature has fell.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, I know people who use those walking poles and they love them. It gets them into a nice walking rhythm.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning everyone,

Happy Saturday, my favorite day of the week. I have spent the morning cleaning up my computers. A detailed scan on my laptop indicates Google Chrome is the culprit for a lot of my problems. It used to work great but for the past month or so it has had problems. I am thinking I should uninstall it. Any other ideas on what to do?

I am on my desktop now and it works great. But I have to share it with DS and I would rather have my laptop to use so I don't have to share. I do have an older desktop in my bedroom I may start using.

Other than my regular twice a week job I picked one other for Monday because it is a short shift close to where I live. I am not looking for any other work but if one of my 5 schools calls me with an assignment I will of course accept it.

Today starts my deep cleaning for fall. I will start in the kitchen, then living room, dining room and bathrooms. Since I will be hosting a card game next month I want everything spic and span. There is also a lot of local interest in getting a bunco group(s) going so I need everything kept clean for that.

LOL I know I sound like a slob at times but I am not that bad, It's just that I hate housework. I am one of those people who moves clothes from the dryer to the laundry baskets and there they stay where they are pulled out and used. :lol: I am not quite as bad with dishes, maybe because I can stay in one area while putting them away. Too many fun things to do instead of spending a lot of time emulating Sysyphus.

Since I am home no spending will occur. At some point I will sit down and review my spending to see what I can cut. Pulling the plug months ago on cable TV was the biggie.

Bev
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Day Everyone,

Today is "little man's" 10th birthday. Ex brought him to me this morning. He opened his gifts from me (yo-yo and a basketball to go with his basketball hoop that didn't get delivered in time, darn it), ate cake and then went out for birthday lunch. I do hope that darn basketball hoop arrives soon - the little guy wants nothing more - he lives to "shoot hoops" and this way we won't have to go to the playground and share the courts.

We are at library now so he can play "kiddo games" (approved by me) on a computer. It is a beautiful fall day so we walked. He is getting picked up at 2:00 so I will have a quiet afternoon/evening all to myself. I am thinking I will walk the dogs - it is such a pretty day.

Tomorrow I go to my parents - it is the "half way" day between my birthday and my dad's - so my mom is making us "birthday lunch". I got a couple small gifts to take for my dad and got him a Subway gift card as he gets such a kick out of going there and getting sandwiches for him and my mom.

I am off to browse books while little guy plays. Take care everyone and enjoy the blessings of your weekend.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I hadn’t planned on washing my hair this morning, but in the middle of my shower my shower cap came off and my hair got soaked so I washed my hair and am changing the bed today. I have the bottom sheet on the bed already.

I slept pretty well last night I woke up once, and slept until 6 am.

Breakfast was oatmeal and a pear.

I am trying to finalize my list. H-E-B has an on-line coupon $5 off if you spend $20. I want to make sure I do spend the amount. I will buy a gift card if necessary to make sure I use it. Elizabeth bought an iTunes card.

I did need to buy a gift card too. I bought myself a $20 H-E-B gift card. I will use it next week.

Since mine was an H-E-B I had the money put on it first.

Penny