Daily check in October 21, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in October 21, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful sunny cool morning here in south texas. Perfect weather!!

So refreshing. Slept like a log. If I hadn't had to get up and use the facilities or let in one of the big dogs, it would have been heaven.

Today I might go to a church bingo.

Tomorrow I have jury duty - wah. I have to go since I "declined" last time.

I'll piddle around today and tackle some more of the pantry. Get rid of old stuff.

Have a great day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good frosty morning. It is 29 F and only going to warm up to around 55 F. We are really too cold for this time of year. Tomorrow it is is going to be 6 to 70 F. woo hoo.

I still have the sniffles and a sore throat. Not feeling sick just and inconvenienced.

We had high winds all day yesterday up to 35 mph so I washed sheets and hung them on the clotheslines in the garage. Also hung a big comforter out to freshen in the fresh air. It was clean but had been in storage.. I did three loads of laundry yesterday and hung them on drying racks, the clotheslines, and on the shower curtain rods.. Using the furnace now so they dry ok inside. I do put clothes in the dryer for 8 to 10 min to take the wrinkles out and make them softer then put them on hangers in the bathrooms.

Today will make a meatloaf and scalloped potatoes. Will use some of the free potatoes that my aide brought to me. Also some green beans from the freezer cooked with some onion. I have sugar free applesauce in the fridge and it is kind of blah so I thought I wold hydrate some dried apples and cook them for a little bit with cinnamon and a little bit of sugar and add in some of the applesauce.

I soaked some pinto beans overnight and will cook them today and make chili tomorrow. The chili would be better today due to the temp and tomorrow it will warm up but still I love chili not matter what the temp. I will put some in the freezer to use on a colder autumn day.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Had a fun time yesterday hanging with DS2. I got my steps in and decided my Black walking shoes need to be replaced. DS is truly enjoying his college experience.

Not sure what I may do today. Maybe drop by Mom and Dad's. DS1 called and asked if I wanted to drop by there house between work and my support group meeting. So those plans are in place.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

try this again...

Wind took out one of the tall dead trees on brothers side of the creek it brought one of my dead trees down with it, they are now both hung up in one of my live trees...I believe the situation is called a "widow maker" fiancé is coming to give e a prognosis.
We had really high winds all day yesterday, gusts over 50 mph.

Furnace is fixed, but think there is a problem with the thermostat. The furnace man will be back to look it over....he said to monkey with it and document and I did.

Homemade chicken fingers for supper tonight,
Off to get something done.
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Just saying Hi again. I forgot to click the button to keep me updated..
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It is a very good thing my shower cap elastic wore out yesterday and my hair got soaked and thus I washed my hair and changed my bed yesterday. As this morning I woke up not feeling good. I noticed my hearing was different as it sounded like a radio when out of tune when I turned on the TV. My voice was going. I asked my daughter to take me to my Dr’s walk in clinic. I was worried about fluid in my ears. The diagnosis was a sinus infection. We went to H-E-B to pick up my Rx. While we were there I picked up more yogurt. I eat it to prevent the most miserable side effect of antibiotics.

She offered to drive through McDonalds and pick up my favorite Egg McMuffin. I had that for an early lunch. Then got ready to take my antibiotic and read the restrictions as to dairy, etc., 2 hours before and 2 hours after. So I just took a nap and when I woke up took the antibiotic. I ate a pear. Then set my timer for 2 hours. When it went off I had the yogurt.

Not much else is new.

Penny