Daily check in October 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in October 23, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

We were talking about our elections and we started listing the various races.

One older lady said and we are also voting for President!

I had to tell her no, not for two more years.

I'm glad not everyone is affected by what is going on around here in our USA!
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

rinty wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 pm Hey guys, I really miss the days when you could log on and post , these pop ups are just pathetic . Miss chatting.
Rinty, I know they are aggravating, but have you tried pulling up a notepad, doing your typing and then post? It worked wonders for me. Would miss your post so much.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Late check-in for me and honestly I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. It's not been to bad of a day, just a lot of things on my mind. Am almost packed and since we will be leaving out early Saturday Morning at 5:30 I want to make sure I don't wait until the last minute to get things ready.

Found out today that my best friend in high school underwent open heart surgery last week and she didn't even let me know. I tried to call her today and didn't get an answer, that is a little worrisome. I will try again tomorrow. Knowing her her cell phone may be at home, she has never liked anyone checking on her when she was ill.

Got a call today from the optometrist office that my regular glasses are in, they are waiting on my sunglasses. I have a pair of sunglasses that will work for me and if they haven't called me that they are in before Friday I will go and pick up my regular glasses. I want them for my trip in case I should need to help my friend drive. Don't need glasses at all to see my computer screen or to read, which is wonderful.

I am going to take a hot bath and curl up with my e-reader. I hope that things are going well for everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:48 pm
rinty wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 pm Hey guys, I really miss the days when you could log on and post , these pop ups are just pathetic . Miss chatting.
Rinty, I know they are aggravating, but have you tried pulling up a notepad, doing your typing and then post? It worked wonders for me. Would miss your post so much.
I wonder if it matters what browser you use? I don't have any issues with pop ups on my desktop or ipad. Sometimes it is slowish, but I just keep typing and eventually it shows up. Good thing i took typing in high school! They call it keyboarding now, I think?
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:59 pm
I wonder if it matters what browser you use? I don't have any issues with pop ups on my desktop or ipad. Sometimes it is slowish, but I just keep typing and eventually it shows up. Good thing i took typing in high school! They call it keyboarding now, I think?
I don't know, I use Chrome and have an ad blocker and it doesn't happen every time I come on. If I'm just reading posts it's not an issue for me, it's when I lose a long post that it is so frustrating. I am on a keyboard attached to my PC and can still probably type 80 words a minute. I have always been a pretty good typist, and used it to make a living for many years as a secretary.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:50 am
clemencia2us wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:59 pm

I don't know, I use Chrome and have an ad blocker and it doesn't happen every time I come on. If I'm just reading posts it's not an issue for me, it's when I lose a long post that it is so frustrating. I am on a keyboard attached to my PC and can still probably type 80 words a minute. I have always been a pretty good typist, and used it to make a living for many years as a secretary.
Now that I have a better Ad blocker, I have no trouble whatsoever. I need to find out from DS which one he installed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/