Daily Check In October 31st !

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In October 31st !

Post by rinty »

Happy Halloween !!!!

rinty

Re: Daily Check In October 31st !

Post by rinty »

Greetings all !

Its a bright , crisp sunny morning. There was a hard frost. We woke up ridiculously early ( thank you pet dog ) and DH did the honours taking him out for a nice long walk. I realised that I needn't get up (hurrah !) and read in bed for a while before coming down and making DH a nice breakfast to come home to.

We had the VERY VERY VERY last of our homegrwon tomatoes fried in butter with eggs and some hearty crusty bread. Om nom nom.

We are alternateing going out and at home days. Today is an at home day with no babysitting. DH is setting out the pumpkins hes carved. I will go visit with DD at nightime to see the trick or treaters where she lives as they get MILLIONs and its so cute. We get 8 :(

I have a TO DO list so time is a-wastin'

One is making lentil and chicken soup with cumin and smoked paprika (yum) and another is eating the pumpkin pie DH has made.

The others are all domestic drudgery ( yawn ) or DS stuff ( blood boiling )

Yesterday we spent with grandchildren in another town. So nice. Back at their house playing FORtNITE with the 12 yr old cos I am cool granma. We had our instructions re gifts so bought 5 out of 8 grandchildren gifts. Good dealz too. AND satisfyingly LARGE too which is all that matters when you are little.

Feeling mellow which the DS stuff will soon sort out...........

And on a cheery note found a FACEBOOK toddlerchild singing "Bohemian Rhapsody " from their car seat.......EPIC.

WE have sweets for the few we get tonight so off I go to get things done. Have a lovely day all.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 am
Greetings all !

Its a bright , crisp sunny morning. There was a hard frost. We woke up ridiculously early ( thank you pet dog ) and DH did the honours taking him out for a nice long walk. I realised that I needn't get up (hurrah !) and read in bed for a while before coming down and making DH a nice breakfast to come home to.

We had the VERY VERY VERY last of our homegrwon tomatoes fried in butter with eggs and some hearty crusty bread. Om nom nom.

We are alternateing going out and at home days. Today is an at home day with no babysitting. DH is setting out the pumpkins hes carved. I will go visit with DD at nightime to see the trick or treaters where she lives as they get MILLIONs and its so cute. We get 8 :(

I have a TO DO list so time is a-wastin'

One is making lentil and chicken soup with cumin and smoked paprika (yum) and another is eating the pumpkin pie DH has made.

The others are all domestic drudgery ( yawn ) or DS stuff ( blood boiling )

Yesterday we spent with grandchildren in another town. So nice. Back at their house playing FORtNITE with the 12 yr old cos I am cool granma. We had our instructions re gifts so bought 5 out of 8 grandchildren gifts. Good dealz too. AND satisfyingly LARGE too which is all that matters when you are little.

Feeling mellow which the DS stuff will soon sort out...........

And on a cheery note found a FACEBOOK toddlerchild singing "Bohemian Rhapsody " from their car seat.......EPIC.

WE have sweets for the few we get tonight so off I go to get things done. Have a lovely day all.
Rinty, sounds like you have a lovely evening planned. Like you we only get a few ghosts, goblins or fairy princesses knocking on the door. I so miss all the costumes.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Upon opening the drapes this dark morning I spied snow on the ground. Blast, it couldn't have stayed away for another day or so. I am hoping it melts and disappears so the children have a good time tonight.

I will not have finished all my list of goals by tonight (think I made the list a tad too long, I do have a habit of that) so I have moved them over to next month and added a few. You would think that I would learn not to make the list as long as I do, but gazing at the projects I want done I think I have made next months even longer.

My to do list isn't that long today, which is a good thing as this afternoon (prime sewing time of course) I will be heading over to visit an old friend. She started out as our youngest sons teacher and over time became something more. I haven't visited her in awhile for tea and so called and made arrangements to go today.

I have been putting a warm compress on the stye and it is slowly going down. It isn't bothering me as much over the last couple of days. Hopefully with continued use of compresses, it will disappear completely.

Frugally speaking this will be another no spend day so I believe I managed 24 no spend days this month. I hope that next month will be about the same. Christmas and all it entails seems to be a bit of a spendy month. Right now I am trying to organize my errands for the month. If I can cut down on vehicle usage for running around my spending follows suit.

As usual meals will be made using what is on hand in the house, and more than likely will be using up something either from the fridge or freezer.

I hope to get out for my morning walk, though I don't know how long this one will be. Taking my poles along for added stability incase of slippery sections of roadway (perhaps walking down the back alleys would be a solution to this).

Supper tonight is going to be something concocted with some leftover turkey. The recipe I found to use up the leftover beef (I made a hash, which I have never done before, usually make corned beef hash) turned out pretty good. Now just to see what new and exciting recipe I can come up with for the turkey.

Today I am grateful that I live where there are four different seasons. Each with their own particular beauty.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ....
It's 60 degrees and raining right now. Supposed to rain into the evening, so have no idea how many trick-or-treaters we'll have tonight.

We saw "First Man" yesterday ... liked the movie, but the pace was a bit slow. Hit the hardware store for a couple of things (and found a Christmas present, yay!)

Today, a bit of laundry and need to get some work in. Have warned DH that dinner will be something quick, LOL!

Mackie, I'm hoping you can get away from that boss quickly! If you don't need benefits, perhaps a temp job until you can find something else?

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A bit cool this morning, 35 degrees when I went out for my walk but was cozy in my sweater and raincoat. Have to keep my exercising up.

My sister is still in the hospital for what was supposed to be an outpatient situation. She's telling them today that she HAS to be out today because she has to take care of her grandson tomorrow (fortunately, her husband is also home to help).

Just looking at the grocery ads. I'm starting to see some increases in some food prices. Bananas went up 10 cents a pound here. I'm sure there will be more as the tariffs start hitting our imports. I still can't see how this is hurting China when WE are the ones ending up having to pay the higher prices, not the distributors.

I need to go to the grocery store to get a cucumber, bananas and some lettuce (after I inspect what I still have in my refrigerator). Will probably write out my maintenance check and drop that at the post office also while I'm out.

Nothing much else planned for the day so it's for whatever I want to do. Have a good one all.