Daily Check In October 31st !

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In October 31st !

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy Halloween! I do miss making costumes and seeing the cute ones come to the door. My brother had 7 children and I use to make their costumes it was so much fun for all of us.

It is overcast and we had rain last night. It will be on and off today but they think the kids will be able to go out tonight. However cities and towns just a about 20 miles south and further down are going to be hit with a lot more. The towns and cities encouraged the kids to go last night so they could enjoy the fun. Not sure if the temp but suppose to be in the 50's. We hit 80 yesterday! That was a lovely Fall day.

Not much planned today other than puttering in the house. Will be making chicken Adobo in my crock pot and chicken tetrazzini using up some pasta and chicken from other meals. Will freeze a lot for later on. I love being able to pull things out of the freezer instead of cooking.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another bright sunny morning here I south texas.

A tad warm though. But that is normal around here for Halloween. I do feel sorry for poor little kids sweltering in some of those costumes. Cold front should come through tonight.

Not planning on doing anything for Halloween. Didn't even buy a single bag of candy. Will see what happens.

Getting ready to go to usual breakfast. Will be a small crew this morning.

Hope all have a great day.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi Everyone,

Had fun last night as I dropped by the assisted living center and watched my Grandsons and my cousin's 3 boys trick or treat among the residents. My parents were there too enjoying the fun. This way I do not feel obligated to go see them trick or treat tonight. We are supposed to have a lot of rain later today also.

My calendar show a quiet work day, so I may move into the back bedroom and do some organizing while keeping and eye on my email. I have already crossed off 3 items off my work to-do list for today.

Have a great day,
Maggie

NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Happy Hallows Eve!
I realized it has been a bit of a 'spell' since I posted (lol) but it sure has been a busy one around here. I had a birthday, my DH took me out to my favorite fancy steak restaurant for a dinner treat and I did break down and treat myself to a birthday gift by going out and purchasing a set of ceramic cooking pots. I had looked and looked and could only find the ceramic skillets but no pots. I was not happy with the (expensive) pot set I bought 7 years ago as the non-stick wasn't doing so good anymore and didn't want it flaking off into my food. So, I used my birthday as an excuse to replace them with ceramic coated. So far I have been pleased with them.

My oldest stepdaughter (DSD25) is expecting her first baby and this will be our first grandchild. She had her ultrasound last week and found out she is having a baby Girl!! Her name will be Izabella and she is due in March. So, DSD25 and spouse came over to our house for the gender reveal and we had a big family dinner with all the trimmings. It is an exciting time, can't believe I am actually going to be a grandmother...it hasn't settled in yet ;)

I have been out stocking the pantry and freezer with food deals over the last week or so. I am going to start a "No spend-low spend November" challenge for myself and eat the pantry and freezer down to nothing. I haven't picked any specific number of days I am going to try to not spend but just do the best I can. I hope that I can keep any spends down to only one of my two days off a week. Crossing the fingers! I have started a good list of menu meals for at least this whole week and I am going to sit down and add to it today. I am going to also sit down today and catch up on my budget and get everything noted in my ledger and up to date.

I originally wasn't planning on doing anything trick-or-treat around the house this year but DH said he wanted to hand out candy so I went down and purchased some candy for him. It is really hit-or-miss year to year with the amount of kids we have come by. There are lots of kids in the neighborhood but it is an old neighborhood with no sidewalks so I think it is a bit of a deterrent and I think a lot of parents take their kids down to the really nice parts of town where the kids will get some of the more expensive candy and where the streets are nice with sidewalks and the houses are all uniform along the street. If we get some, fine, but if there is any leftover candy I am hauling it in to work tomorrow to share with the gang there :lol: .

I am planning on really just hanging out around the house today. I ran most of my errands yesterday, got the car in for an oil change and raked more leaves in my yard yesterday afternoon since the weather was nice. Glad I did it yesterday as it rained pretty good last night and it is quite blustery and cloudy this morning. Only thing I really need to get done is to drop a load of aluminum cans at the Bottle Drop recycling center and pick up more of their recycling bags but it is no big deal if I wait on that too. Well, going to jump into my day and get moving along. Everyone take care and frugal on.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

BOO!!!!!
DH and I will take our bucket of candy into our little town tonight to hand out to the kids. We live on a two mile dead end...very rural road....so, no trick or treaters come to our door.... :D

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I woke up during the night and couldn’t fall asleep again for a long while. I went back to bed and slept for almost 2 more hours.

I have symptoms that say my sinus infection is till there. I called my Dr’s I have an appointment with a different Dr. at 10 am. I already called and canceled my dentist appointment. That was scheduled for tomorrow. I need to call a Taxi and then call North East Senior Assistance and let them know I had to cancel the dentist appointment because of my infection.

The good news is I don’t have pneumonia, Just rest.

Call again if I feel worse.

Penny