Daily Check-in, 11/3/18

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AnneX

Re: Daily Check-in, 11/3/18

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning

I think the rain has finally stopped. The sun is supposed to come out but It's chilly and there is a north wind so I'v decided to skip the farmers' market even though the leaves are probably very pretty in the valley where it is held.

Instead I'll probably go to the mall downtown. i bought a good sized individual salad bowl at the Bay the other week and I think I would like 3 more for company (although i rarely have more than one guest at a time). i can buy a few groceries while I'm down there. i'll probably go to the library first and return a couple of books and pick up a couple of holds. if I can do all that in a 2 hour time frame i'll only use one subway fare as there is 2 hour get off-and-on again time window.

My home phone line was down when I came home on Thursday. Thank goodness for my pay-as-you go flip phone. Bell called me 4 times before the technician arrived yesterday afternoon. He was able to restore service without even coming into the building. i suspect another technician had flipped the wrong switch while hooking up one of our new tenants. At least there was no charge.

i bought a small inexpensive blue tooth speaker so i can listen to my iPad from anywhere in the apartment without earphones. I had considerable difficulty getting it to connect, and was prepared to go to the Apple Store for help, but I just kept pushing buttons and finally it surrendered. it has a pretty powerful sound for such a small thing. i can tuck it in my pocket or wear it round my neck or on my belt. so I can do household chores while listening to audio books downloaded from the library. Music sounds good on it too.

my eyes are very sore and itchy. i suspect it may be leaf mold. We have had no frost to kill it off. The upside of no frost is that grass is still green and there are flowers blooming.

Well the sun is now out for the first time in days so I'm going to get myself together and go out.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

AnneX

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is around 37 with a wind chill of 34. It was sunny but the clouds have moved in.. bummer. It is suppose to warm up this afternoon to around 57 or 60 depending on who you listen to. Then rain moving in late afternoon. I am hoping to get some yard work done but first going to run in to town to do some cherry picking. Walgreen's has Maxwell House coffee on sale for S4.99 limit of two with their card.. Definitely need to stay ahead on stocking up on coffee. Then a local chain has some items on sale that I need. It is a bit of a drive in to town but once there everything is close to each other.
Have a wonderful and frugal Saturday.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I finished loading the dishwasher I set it off. I have a few hand dishes to wash.

I started another Tiny Nutcracker in Christmas tree ornament size. I want to knit a few of these.

I did my grocery shopping. I still have to put it away.

Penny

2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Hello All. Sunny and cold today. A lovely day overall. Up at 4:00 a.m. (dogs wouldn't let me sleep) and did laundry and dishes, vacuumed and dusted. Came to library at 10 and got bills paid. Got caught up on surveys, MyPoints, etc.

Will be a "frugaling day" - I have some coupons I plan to use on needed items that are also on sale - hairspray, deodorant, etc. I don't need much in the way of food this week - oatmeal and onions are on the list, maybe some fresh celery and carrots to add to my planned homemade soup and that will do it.

Cashed in MyPoints this morning for a $50 Visa gift card and a $10 Amazon gift card. I plan to use the Visa gift card for a "grocery stock up" trip. I made an extra payment on a loan - so only 8 more payments left and I will have an extra $400 a month. I plan to up my retirement contributions once I have that extra money coming back to me.

My lawn service is supposed to come 1 or 2 more times but I called this morning and told them to stop for this year - so there is a $74.00 savings.

Busy week this past week - had a cat neutered and activities every evening - book club, trick or treating with the kiddo, dinner with a friend, dinner with my parents...I'm ready for a quiet weekend.

Hope you all have a nice weekend - over and out!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful day!

Very sunny. Not raining and it is a very comfortable 70 degrees! Perfect

You don't have to dress in shorts and sandals. I get tired of wearing sandals.

Slept well last night. Got up kind of hungry so went and bought some tamales. I ate 7! They weren't too big. Hope I don't regret it later. Just had a craving for them.

Going to organize my closet. Since I have not been exercising, I have gained a few pounds. Not a lot, but my size 10 jeans are a little snug. Then I have pants that really can't be worn in cooler weather, so will move those around. Then I need to put away my sleeveless tops.

Have a great day all...

rinty

Post by rinty »

Nice listening to the Canadians on here. My brother and I still hark back to our childhoods there.

The dog woke us up in the middle of the night too.......getting a tiny bit irritating :?

Scrubbed and polished today in prep for back to work on Monday.

I don't wanna if I am honest and I work in a nice place with nice people.........I think maybe cos we were with DH older brother and his wife and I was like..........time is a wastin', we need to have some quality time together, if I carry on til I'm 60 ( or worse still actual pensionable age 67!) DH will be really old !

Grey and windy.Didn't need anything so no spend. Picked at food rather than cooked.

For fun, we have made up another BRIO train set on a big board. HOMEBASE diy store is closing down so we got 2 large boards for £4.20. DH had gone to browse and came home with the boards as they were practically giving them away.

He built one for us that DS and the DGKs can use, this one is for middle sons two young DDs. WE will give it to them at Christmas.

There is still enough to do another one, with DS as he is we have a LOT of BRIO collected over 30 plus years.

So a TOY Use it Up.

I cleared out a cupboard to stash the Christmas gifts. This brought DH in and he then cleared out all HIS stuff. The tatty stuff is now rags but we have 2 bin liners FULL of good clothes, suits/church dressy dresses that just don't get any wear and I'm not a size 10 anymore ;)

Satisfying.

Off for a final scrub before bed.