Recommendation for Netflix series.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Recommendation for Netflix series.

Post by Quilter51 »

Not a fan of stranger things or the oa. Ozark on the other hand....Godless, Mindhunter, Altered Carbon, The zfall, Shetland, Hinterland, Jack Taylor, Collateral, The Code. Secret City..and I have 25 shows on my watch list.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

That "Knightfall" show sounds right up our alley. We had watched "Merlin" and it sounds like that sort of genre.

I highly recommend a Scottish comedy called "Still Game". It's hilarious. The humor can be crass at times. Just a warning.

Sandy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:44 am I've been watching the Netflix series "Versailles", about Louis XIV and the building of the palace (with all other historical events during that time period). Excellent entertainment. There are two seasons so far on Netflix though I think Season 3 (final) has started on BBC.

Another is "Knightfall", one season so far on Netflix and picked up for a second season. It's about the Templar Knights and their search for the Holy Grail. I enjoyed it immensely and look forward to the new season.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

delighted99 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm That "Knightfall" show sounds right up our alley. We had watched "Merlin" and it sounds like that sort of genre.

I highly recommend a Scottish comedy called "Still Game". It's hilarious. The humor can be crass at times. Just a warning.

Sandy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:44 am I've been watching the Netflix series "Versailles", about Louis XIV and the building of the palace (with all other historical events during that time period). Excellent entertainment. There are two seasons so far on Netflix though I think Season 3 (final) has started on BBC.

Another is "Knightfall", one season so far on Netflix and picked up for a second season. It's about the Templar Knights and their search for the Holy Grail. I enjoyed it immensely and look forward to the new season.
I tried "Merlin" but it didn't seem to like me (although, in all fairness, I think I'll go back to it because the day of I was "distracted"). You will definitely like "Knightfall". Lots of action and doesn't drag.

This is one I forgot until just this second: "The Haunting of Hill House". It's a bit different take from the book and previous movies but an excellent, excellent series. One season so far with plenty of room left for more should Netflix have the interest.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

delighted99 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm That "Knightfall" show sounds right up our alley. We had watched "Merlin" and it sounds like that sort of genre.

Still Game was hilarious. I really enjoyed that one as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I watched the second season of Knightfall on my box. You both will enjoy it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I am relieved that I am not the only one that finds that show funny! Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone, Jackie :D

Really the idea of guys in their late 30s dressing up and acting like old retirees is pretty novel for a show. We'll see that in sketch comedy here but I can't say I've seen it done on any American tv shows that I know. Well now that I'm typing this there is Mama from Mama's family.. there's a female example. Food for thought :D
Jackielou wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:42 am

Still Game was hilarious. I really enjoyed that one as well.