Daily Check In November 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In November 14, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning all

it is freezing! Record cold temp set here in south texas. Crazy weather. Why do we have to have winter?

Had to turn on the heat

It was so nice not having a high electric bill. Oh well. Have to stay warm I guess.

These dogs are driving me nuts. Something about the weather just gets them all riled up.

Doing the usual Wednesday thing.

Hope all have a great day
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

but the sun is nice and bright!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

DD's dog was barking too early this morning and woke me up....not happy. I didn't sleep well last night anyway, weird dreams, and evidently lots of jaw clenching. I now have a neck and shoulder ache.

Waiting on workers today, I am hiring a crew to deal with the leaves, dad insisted. I will admit I didn't argue too hard … the crew leader was here yesterday to price it and he said we have more leaves this year....all the rain and heat this past spring and summer. I knew it looked like there where more leaves.

Breakfast for supper tonight, dad has been upset for a little bit, the evil niece has him all stirred up and I can say no more.
I have some housework to take care of and some sorting of paperwork....where does it all come from?
Off to get started,
have a great day all,
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I see the eye Dr this morning. I still have one floater. It is getting smaller. If the background is busy I don’t notice it as much.

We broke record cold temperatures both yesterday and today. The records were more than a century old.

My sweater and my granddaughter’s hat are coming along slowly. I can only knit a bit at a time.

Penny
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I am running behind with plans this week as my day yesterday didn't work out the way it should have. My furnace went on the fritz and I had to call the repair people back out. They didn't charge me for the service call as it was related to the prior problem, so glad for that. Thank goodness, they could get to me yesterday, but that meant no errand running so I have got to do my errands today. Mr. B just called and he's left his house, but he decided to only drive half way today so will spend the night at a hotel in Jackson and drive on in tomorrow. That gives me a little reprieve, as I can finish up loose ends today.

Maggie, so sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Our weather is still very cold and it went down below freezing again tonight. Today more rain is predicted so hope it want get icy. I know the salt trucks have been out and about on the roads and interstate so they should be ok. This is unreal for us this time of year, but there is nothing that we can do about it, but bundle up and stay warm.

Ok, I am off to get this stuff out of the way before the rain starts and I hope that all of you have a wonderful day.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Afternoon all -
Feeling some better today - at least my back. Annoying head cold still with me . Today is a cooking day. I have another turkey breast going in the crock pot and am getting ready to pop two chickens into the oven to roast. All going to be packaged up into meals for the freezer. Well actually, I am going to be making the chicken into individual pot pies but they will then go into the freezer. Some of that meat will be used for supper, just not sure what. Likely the turkey because that is hubs favorite. Lastly I will be browning up a couple of pounds of sausage for the freezer to use for sausage hash or biscuits and gravy

I have to run over to Walmart and pick up some small plastic boxes to put in my medication chest in the linen closet. It has 3 large drawers and I need things separated by categories. Then I will have that closet finished, organized and stocked! Woohoo.

Have a couple of loads of laundry going and will be whittling away at that. My closet upstairs will be the next focus I guess. I am just happy to be getting something accomplished.

Maggie I am sorry about your Aunt. 70 is young to die - speaking as someone staring it in the face. Bless her, I will pray that God takes her home easily and comforts you all as you go on without her.

Well folks - up and at them. Have a great day all!