Daily Check-in, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Kitty, I saw most of the arrival ceremony at the Capitol yesterday. Tuned in when they were halfway up the steps. Very moving and I’m sure more so for a veteran like your dad.

My number one requirement for voting in 2020 will be someone respectful with common decency.

I decided to run to Publix to buy a retirement card for my friend. Publix cards (Hallmark) are expensive but at least there was a B1G1 coupon hanging on the rack and I bought a birthday card for my cousin in RI which I needed anyway.

Picked up my mail on my way home and got mom’s water bill. Because of the toilet running overnight it was $15 higher but I can handle that so not too bad.

I called the SPCA to see if they would accept old flannel sheets and a cotton mattress pad. They said yes and I’m so glad because they are not good enough to donate to SA but I did not want to throw them away. I’ll go there later this week.

It is still warm outside but supposed to get cooler tonight. Hard to know what to wear for dinner with my friends.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:19 pm

I decided to run to Publix to buy a retirement card for my friend. Publix cards (Hallmark) are expensive but at least there was a B1G1 coupon hanging on the rack and I bought a birthday card for my cousin in RI which I needed anyway.

Dollar Tree now has Hallmark cards! The American Greetings cards were really nice, anyway, but it's nice to get that Hallmark logo on the back LOL I used to always get my parents the $5 hallmark cards, because my stepmother loves them and keeps them, so it was worth the money. Then a few years ago, I couldn't find one that wasn't just plain.....no ribbon, glitter, embossing, die cut, etc. I mean, for five dollars can I get a little sparkle? lol So I have been sending the American Greetings for $1, and they are nice cards. But now I can send Hallmark again for a buck! Status symbol, I know.

Having said that, I must confess that I bought a Hallmark musical pop up christmas card for my niece and nephew in London...........for TEN BUCKS. OMG I know. But I figure it will be an entertaining "toy" for them, and they're not here for me to buy little things here and there, or Mc Donald's. The two nephews here with me are robbing me blind.
ohjodi
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

ICFrugal, my youngest dog was spayed too early and has what will be lifelong health problems from it. She has a recessed vulva because she was not developed enough, and has frequent urinary tract infections that have made her difficult to house train. Basically, her bladder is about the size of a quarter now.. That her first owner also beat her when she could not hold her urine certainly did not help matters with trying to train her.

So please go along with what the vet recommends. You can get her some disposable protective panties to wear when she is in heat to help discourage a male dog. She only has to go through one heat to develop properly.

To switch gears, I had a really nice day at work. The boss did not come to work, so all of us hourly folks did our jobs in peace. I finally got caught up on some tasks that kept getting put aside for lack of time. It was great. I love a clean desk.

Have not yet been Christmas shopping because I have no time. Everyone is getting gift cards, so it won't be any trouble.
Mackie