Daily check in December 9, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in December 9, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 am Good Morning,
I slept in but ended up getting up at the last minute to make 8:30 AM Mass. Jackie, it's kind of funny, in my area there are at least 8 Catholic Churches within 10 miles of my apartment, so if we are not happy with one priest, we can go "Church shopping" like good American Catholics.

Today I want to look for a few gifts online and do some more sewing. I texted DS2 checking in one him, waiting for a reply.

Have a great day,

Maggie
Ahh, Maggie here we would have to travel 35 miles to the closest church with a different priest.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:23 pm
mbrudnic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 am Good Morning,
I slept in but ended up getting up at the last minute to make 8:30 AM Mass. Jackie, it's kind of funny, in my area there are at least 8 Catholic Churches within 10 miles of my apartment, so if we are not happy with one priest, we can go "Church shopping" like good American Catholics.

Today I want to look for a few gifts online and do some more sewing. I texted DS2 checking in one him, waiting for a reply.

Have a great day,

Maggie
Ahh, Maggie here we would have to travel 35 miles to the closest church with a different priest.
I remembered that, I think from a discussion about Mass times.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi frugals -
Happy Sunday! Hope all facing the storms stay safe. I know 4 inches of snow in NC are like 20 inches in Illinois.

Finally working on the living room tree. It is prelit and is old enough now to have some problems. We have one of those light fixers and that helps - but we have two areas we cannot get to come on. At this point, I told hubs to get a couple of strands of lights out of the basement and fill it in. I will work on it tonight straightening all of the limbs and getting it ready to decorate tomorrow. The cleaners will be here so I won't start bringing up decorations until they are gone.

Today - will do a little straightening up for the cleaners and some Christmas furniture rearrangement. I also have 5 or 6 things I need to hang on the walls. Getting ready to put on a pot of chili here in about an hour or so. It is supposed to be warmer this week so hubs will be able to get outdoor lights up. I will spend the week decorating for Christmas and working on another closet if I get the decorating done. The past two Christmases have had a pall hanging over them for me and so I am enjoying puttering with Christmas tasks.

FCL - you asked about the electrician. Our bid was $1100 dollars. That is providing three fixture and LED bulbs, installing 8 light fixtures and moving 2 outlets and repairing 3 way switches in two rooms. Also includes inspecting for installation of a post light we will do in the spring. So I thought that was reasonable. I would prefer it was $20 bucks obviously - but I didn't work for nothing and realize others do not either.

Well off to hit the chore list. Have a great rest of the day my friends! Oh - one more thing - has anyone heard from Patty? I know she was facing surgery and I am kind of worrying about her not posting. Maybe I just missed it.

CU - BYE
CG
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We are okay here in my part of Tennessee. It is wet and stinking cold, but the storm hit the facing side of the mountains and did not dump snow and ice on us.

DH is still getting over that coughing virus that is going around. I did some chores this weekend, am working on the laundry, and bought groceries and did what little bit of Christmas shopping we do.

I have been very fatigued from work and medication side effects and have slept a lot this weekend. Right now am bundled up on the sofa with the youngest dog, the little dachshund mix who looks like a gold and cream fox. She is a great lover of comfort and likes to snuggle.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good evening all

Got home this afternoon from our little trip. We had a great time. Met lots of new cousins. Visited with the old ones. My sisters are loony. And there isn't much of a choice of restaurants in the little frontier town we visited. I call it going out to the frontier. Nothing around for miles.

My town is small but at least a city of a million people is just a short drive down the road. They have to drive more than an hour just to get to the edge of it. But they are there all the time. More than me. One thing I learned about these remote towns. The inhabitants think nothing of going to the city all the time.

Anyway, already in my pjs and will snuggle in bed with the pets and read. It got kind of chilly here, but the sun was out and the rain stopped.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Colonial Girl,
I think your estimate sounds very reasonable for all you are having done. I am impressed. I have an outside post lamp to be installed this spring/summer.
Don't know if you are familiar with the Amana Colonies? On a visit there several years ago I got an outdoor lamp fixture ...it is huge. looks like a kerosene lamp on the inside but is really a large candelabra bulb.
I had it out front for years on a wooden post but my dad backed into it and broke the post.
I am having it installed in the back around the patio, no one can hit it there LOL.

Supper at dad's was porterhouse steak, baked potatoes, salad and slaw along with peach pie for dessert. I ran the vacuum while I was there and did some other housework. He isn't dirty at all but does have his little dog. So lots of dog hair.
It's okay, I just love his little dog and dad loves him so it's all good.
Tomorrow it's back to chore list and weekday life.
JCKitty