Daily check in December 9, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in December 9, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

It is a dark, rainy morning here. I turned on my Christmas tree.

Today I’ll stay home. Really need to do laundry. I have some items from mom’s house in my car to donate so I’ll look through my house for items to add. For one thing I’ve decide to donate a set of sheet that I don’t really like that I picked up a few years ago at a rummage sale.

Yesterday I brought home a winter watercolor painting by mom. I had put it aside at her house and knew it was there. I really don’t like the frame which is a dark wood. At first I thought of looking for a new frame but now I’ve decide to paint it, picking up one of the colors in the painting. I thought of this when yesterday I received an email from Michaels for $5 off anything, no minimum. So I will look for craft paint. Tomorrow I’m planning to go to a genealogy workshop (free) and will drive right by Michaels.

I looked at the winter storm graphic on weather.com and I can see what Wolf mentioned about Mackie’s location - from what I know of where she lives. Looks like borderline ice/rain. Also it looks like Patty (Chocolite) will get ice and LittleMiss will be happy she is on her cruise. Ice is the worst. (Thinking of my days living in Virginia.) So stay safe everyone.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

A very busy morning, my daughter, called to let me know she was on her way. I hadn’t even had my shower. So I rushed and had my shower. Got dressed, by this time she was here.

Her large very heavy box is gone. She wasn’t able to take my old vacuum clean and parts.

She took me to Walmart. I was able to get most of what I needed, which wasn’t much.

I feel as if I have been rushing all morning. It is only in the last half hour or so that I have actually just done nothing. I fixed my breakfast after I got home. Because of medications I take I couldn’t eat before I left. Since I have to wait one hour after taking my morning meds to eat. I fixed my usual oatmeal.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I slept in but ended up getting up at the last minute to make 8:30 AM Mass. Jackie, it's kind of funny, in my area there are at least 8 Catholic Churches within 10 miles of my apartment, so if we are not happy with one priest, we can go "Church shopping" like good American Catholics.

Today I want to look for a few gifts online and do some more sewing. I texted DS2 checking in one him, waiting for a reply.

Have a great day,

Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:11 am Good morning ...

Currently 16 outside, and all the nasty stuff is to the south. Hoping Mackie and all our friends in those areas stay safe.

Enjoyed the family dinner last night. Pretty close on the trees: am calling it good on the big one; little tree needs a few more ornaments. (Janet, I found it was easier to decorate in the evening. My big tree is next to a window, and when I decorated, the light was right in my eyes, LOL!)

Today, some work and a few necessary chores. Busy week coming up with appointments, Christmas shopping/cards/mailing/entertainment ...
I too find it easier to put the lights on at night but did not get to it last night so tonight is the night. It does take me more time adding the ornaments since I like them to go in certain groups and places.I put my tree in the bay window in my dining area and I have to go out a lot to check to make sure everywhere looks good from the outside too.lol..
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good frosty morning. It is sunny but have a temp of 19 F with a windchill of 11 F. What the heck we were suppose to have a milder winter this year although it is still technically Fall. Actually was able to sleep in today until 8:00 AM I am usually up by 4:30 AM or 5:00 AM if I am being lazy..lol.

Yesterday I did a lot of repackaging of things that I bought during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I like to put the products in canning jars instead of leaving them in their soft packages..I have been stocking up on things for my diet of gluten free, keto/paleo/low carb.. I try to start each year off with something that is helpful and healthy. Not a New Years resolution just a new start. In 2007 went gluten free which improved my over all health so much. In 2018 gave up diet soda. I have had maybe 4 diet soda's while out running errands this year and realize they are not that good tasting and drinking water or iced tea is much better for me. I no longer crave the diet soda like I did when I was drinking them at home and when out in public.

Tonight I hope to put the lights on my Christmas tree and some of the ornaments.I have been gradually putting out my Christmas decorations..

Have a good day. Stay warm and frugal. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up and busy, also wanted to catch my "Sunday guilty pleasure" CBS Sunday Morning with Jane Paully. I just love the human interest pieces she has on there. As an added bonus, it is all calm, mostly uplifting and no shouting or carrying on.

It is bright and sunny but cold, will hopefully get above freezing today. I have been tracking the storm going south. Those in the path, stay safe.

Need to run the floor duster, and some other minor things, and then read... new Author and it is a trilogy that I have started....so far it is really good.
The authors name is Jane Smiley and they are historical fiction, if anyone else is interested.
Off to do....whatever I want! LOL
JCKitty