Daily Check In December 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In December 10, 2018

Post by rinty »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:17 pm
by rinty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Lwolft you made me laugh :)

Brexit drama FCL ? UNDERSTATEMENT ;)

I believe the best way to describe matters is that they won't let us go, dadgummit, so they are chucking every obstacle known to man in front of us. Where will it end ?

Utterly wasted over DS drama. Just done. Years ago someone did a report saying that " Rintys coping abilitys have been overwhelmed by lack of support " as I dissolved into a cheery little breakdown............well, years later with DS in a care situation and I truly, truly can't take it. Just received some paperwork which is CRUCIAL to the present situation, and it is utterly, completely inaccurate :shock: :shock: :shock:

How ???????

I'll share one thing, DS is described as being " talkative " Now I've posted here for years , anybody EVER remember me being able to call him "talkative" ?

We had planned a calm weekend but ended up looking after sick kids, early night tonight in our own beds.

I did unearth all the gifts and have wrapped them all. More to purchase but most are gift cards . DH and I split the contents of a sealed pot ( £100) and we'll buy each other something from that. I want Monin Black Cherry syrup which is about £7.95 so DH is SET ;) I'll find some camping stuff for DH with his share.

Jackie, I envy you that Cricut !
All you have described as to "talkative" would be his repeating phrases he had recently heard. If somebody heard just a phrase that made sense to this person he was "talkative" that is not language. Just remember that the powers that be seem to be trying to make is level of functioning higher than it actually is.

If you were in the US I would suggest you get an attorney. Possibly you need the same in the UK.

Basically it seems to me that the government doesn't want to spend the money needed for his care.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Penny

Thnaks Penny, I feel really validated that someone like yourself, gets it.

Their level of expertise frustrates me so much. I want to feel I can drop the ball, its been 5 years. When we have DS home its obvious his level of handicap means he can't live here full time.he just can't , I'm not being a wimp.

I can't actually fault his annual budget, its his living arrangements.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In December 10, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Unread post by rinty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:06 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 pm
by rinty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Lwolft you made me laugh :)

Brexit drama FCL ? UNDERSTATEMENT ;)

I believe the best way to describe matters is that they won't let us go, dadgummit, so they are chucking every obstacle known to man in front of us. Where will it end ?

Utterly wasted over DS drama. Just done. Years ago someone did a report saying that " Rintys coping abilitys have been overwhelmed by lack of support " as I dissolved into a cheery little breakdown............well, years later with DS in a care situation and I truly, truly can't take it. Just received some paperwork which is CRUCIAL to the present situation, and it is utterly, completely inaccurate :shock: :shock: :shock:

How ???????

I'll share one thing, DS is described as being " talkative " Now I've posted here for years , anybody EVER remember me being able to call him "talkative" ?

We had planned a calm weekend but ended up looking after sick kids, early night tonight in our own beds.

I did unearth all the gifts and have wrapped them all. More to purchase but most are gift cards . DH and I split the contents of a sealed pot ( £100) and we'll buy each other something from that. I want Monin Black Cherry syrup which is about £7.95 so DH is SET ;) I'll find some camping stuff for DH with his share.

Jackie, I envy you that Cricut !
All you have described as to "talkative" would be his repeating phrases he had recently heard. If somebody heard just a phrase that made sense to this person he was "talkative" that is not language. Just remember that the powers that be seem to be trying to make is level of functioning higher than it actually is.

If you were in the US I would suggest you get an attorney. Possibly you need the same in the UK.

Basically it seems to me that the government doesn't want to spend the money needed for his care.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Penny

Thnaks Penny, I feel really validated that someone like yourself, gets it.

Their level of expertise frustrates me so much. I want to feel I can drop the ball, its been 5 years. When we have DS home its obvious his level of handicap means he can't live here full time.he just can't , I'm not being a wimp.

I can't actually fault his annual budget, its his living arrangements.
I believe that is also a big problem in the USA too.

Can you hire an advocate to help your negotiate with the government.

I know you want the best care possible for him. Unfortunately there are just far too many caregivers who simply don't care.

That is why I feel you need professional help to get him the care he needs and should have.

Penny