Daily Check In December 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 10, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back ASAP.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 10, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Busy day ahead with a very long list of household chores. I do actually hope I get them all completed today. Mind you it could be touch and go.

Frugally speaking there will be no spending today. I will be sticking close to home and working on my list as well as that baby blanket. I am well on my way to finishing the second section of colour changes. It does seem to be working up quickly.

I did get some candy making done yesterday and will stop with that for a day to make some cookies. I have planned to make the whipped shortbread cookies for awhile now and today is the day. Heck if I get energetic I may even do some rolled gingerbread cookies...That is if I can find my recipe. If not I will just do rolled gingersnaps in the shape of mittens.

Laundry will be done in the usual frugal manner, I have my lovely dusting rag ready to give the living room the once over, and of course the cats litter box will need to be cleaned.

Frugal exercise will be walking. I will use the treadmill as I am getting used to the cleats by carefully walking to get the mail in the afternoons for the next while.

The roast chicken we had last night was lovely. The meat has been packaged and put in the fridge freezer to use for other meals later on. The bones have also been frozen to make bone broth down the road. I even managed to give Shania a bit as a treat. She loved it.

My household book is made up for next year. I do think that eventually I might have to transfer everything to a slightly larger binder. This will work for a bit though.

Did a bit more decluttering yesterday as I was tidying. I am hoping to do a bit more today as I tidy. I also started to use some bath items that were pushed way to the back of the cupboard in there.

Found some recipes for sugar scrubs which may be something I make in the upcoming months and I plan on getting more bath ideas online very soon.

Supper tonight will be Spaghetti and meat sauce. I think I will have cut up raw veggies and dip with it. I also plan on making enough spaghetti and meat sauce to use later this week in Baked Spaghetti (this does use up a great deal of the hamburger on the meat shelf, may have to pick up more sooner than I had thought).

Today I am grateful that today is supposed to be a lovely, sunny day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ....
Currently 20 here and it's supposed to be a bit warmer today.

Made a frugal discovery yesterday. I have to MacGyver some mats for a little framing project ... poked around my stash and found some heavy paper that will work for a couple of frames.

Also had to lodge a complaint: The replacement cord for my roaster never arrived (even after the delivery date was pushed back). The company said it would send a replacement ... maybe I'll get to use my roaster some day ....

Busy day today. Have an appointment, then need to take care of some errands on the way back. Plus some work to clean up. So better get to it ...
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

It is overcast here but should clear up. I haven’t been outside but it does not feel like it got as cool as expected.

I plan to go to the fitness center today. Then later in the afternoon will go to Michaels and Salvation Army to drop off donations. Genealogy club is having a workshop tonight about photos and I’m planning to attend even though I don’t like driving at night. It is about 7-8 miles from home.

I have the form for mom’s trash company ready to mail. Her HOA offers a significant discount rate for members. So the routine is to renew HOA membership, then they send a form that I fill out for the trash company. Then in January I’ll get the trash bill. Well worth it.

I’m watching Sky News this morning on Roku. It is a free channel and I enjoy having it. Lots of Brexit drama this week.

Have a good day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning,

I have several list items to work on. First is calling for a dental appointment for DS2 on Thursday.

I plan on staying in the office all day and going to my Support group meeting at 7 PM tonight.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Beautiful sunny chilly morning here in south texas.

I slept like a log since I had my furry pups all around me. What a comfort they are. They have already been out and did their thing and are snoring again. How wonderful it is for them to be able to sleep so soundly all day! Not a care in the world.

Today is laundry day. Changed the bedding last night. Gotta wash the quilt and pillow shams. Need to order another quilt. I only have one spare.

Had to select dental and vision insurance by today. How do y'all handle all that nonsense. Ugh - wish I lived closer to a military base and I would use their services all the time. This year we can also choose different health insurance but i'm sticking with the retired military version and look into it more next year. What a pain.