Kindle

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Kindle

Post by icfrugal1 »

Thoughts on a Kindle? I love reading, it looks like more and more books are e-books :roll:

I'm thinking of a Kindle, I have no idea of pros and cons

Thank you

IC
LogicsHere

Re: Kindle

Post by LogicsHere »

I've had a Kindle Fire for at least 4 or more years and I really like mine. I actually have 2, one 7 inch (1st generation) and the 1st generation of the 10 inch. I actually prefer the 7" one for reading, more like an actual book; the 10" one seems awkward to me. I use the larger one when watching a movie or playing a game.

I don't know much about the Kindle that is used solely for reading, but if you want flexibility the Kindle Fire is reasonably priced.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

So I have a Kindle Fire in my bedroom. I can read Kindle books in a Kindle app on my PC, phone and just about any other device. I like the idea of the Kindle paper white (?) One that presents like newsprint without glare. If I sat outside a lot to read, I'd consider one. I think I would be hard to go wrong with the format.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

The Paper White reader would very much be the way to go if you read outside. That is the one thing I miss with my Kindle Fire. I can't use it outside.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I don't have a kindle but have the app on my laptop & IPAD. I never ever thought I wanted to read this way -but I love, love, love it.

My favorite thing is that as my old eyes tire, I can make the type bigger and the screen brighter. It has really helped with eyestrain. I seldom read over time - I read a book straight through and will binge an author if I find one I like. Lead to a lot of eye strain.

I also like that I can take my I pad with me on travels and can get a book immediately if I finish the one I have. Or at during a 3:00 a.m. bout of insomnia, I can get something new to read. Love the immediate access.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I have a kindle app on my tablet, but I also own the Canadian version a Kobo ereader.

I love both of them.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/